Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:34:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoAve Exchange Software Going Open Source  (Read 1548 times)
baritus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1052

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 10:05:39 PM

Hello,

I developed cryptocurrency exchange software and was forced to close my exchange using it it due to the seemingly infinite hack attacks. As I only had a couple of developers, which also has other jobs, we could never compete against the army of hackers looking for literally untraceable funds. It forced me to close the exchange, return everyone's funds, and buyback the shares that I sold in it to help with the startup costs. Needless to say, I lost a lot of money on that venture.

The story above is not unique; in what is seemingly an every day event, some crypto related website or service gets hacked. In fact, it's so bad that even smart contracts got hacked (Ethereum).

Logically, there was one way to fight back against hackers: open source it to allow more contributors. Some people think that all services should just be distributed to minimize risk, but we see over and over again that cryptocurrency trading like anything in life is a largely a social event and exchanges provide the perfect environment.

I've decided to release the software as open source on September 30.

I originally developed the software using a combination of languages but it has since been converted to run on a standard LAMP stack (PHP/JS/HTML/SQL) for maximum accessibility. The matching engine is unique and extremely efficient as well as being atomic.

If you're interested in helping out with this, please let me know Smiley. Thank you for your time.

Regards

Digitalcoin - Sha256, Scrypt, x11 Mining - Multi-algorithm & One Click Masternodes - Founded in 2013

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ardukan

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:28:03 PM

I'll wait for it Smiley Is there any early demo?
BitcoinPostage

Activity: 31
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2017, 07:54:09 AM

I would love to help.
Message me if you are still looking for help.

Buy Postage with Bitcoins
bitcoinpostage.info
supernocturnal

Activity: 67
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 08:37:45 AM

join the community, inform me when u are need help
turanmete

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:53:54 PM

Hello I also can contribute !
Hello,

I developed cryptocurrency exchange software and was forced to close my exchange using it it due to the seemingly infinite hack attacks. As I only had a couple of developers, which also has other jobs, we could never compete against the army of hackers looking for literally untraceable funds. It forced me to close the exchange, return everyone's funds, and buyback the shares that I sold in it to help with the startup costs. Needless to say, I lost a lot of money on that venture.

The story above is not unique; in what is seemingly an every day event, some crypto related website or service gets hacked. In fact, it's so bad that even smart contracts got hacked (Ethereum).

Logically, there was one way to fight back against hackers: open source it to allow more contributors. Some people think that all services should just be distributed to minimize risk, but we see over and over again that cryptocurrency trading like anything in life is a largely a social event and exchanges provide the perfect environment.

I've decided to release the software as open source on September 30.

I originally developed the software using a combination of languages but it has since been converted to run on a standard LAMP stack (PHP/JS/HTML/SQL) for maximum accessibility. The matching engine is unique and extremely efficient as well as being atomic.

If you're interested in helping out with this, please let me know Smiley. Thank you for your time.

Regards
baritus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1052

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 05:22:08 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2017, 08:10:15 PM by baritus

Hello,

Thanks for the help and everyone who messaged.

I am currently working on refactoring how currencies work.

I have decided to share the source anyway just incase someone wants it. You can also track my progress on the Git.

https://github.com/opentradeengine/opentradeengine

Digitalcoin - Sha256, Scrypt, x11 Mining - Multi-algorithm & One Click Masternodes - Founded in 2013
BitcoinPostage

Activity: 31
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 01:15:56 AM

Looking forward to it

Buy Postage with Bitcoins
bitcoinpostage.info
hamedDCX

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:10:30 AM

looks promising .. I'm really looking for an Exchange Software at the moment.. I look forward for a stable version, good luck
ThibautMT

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:19:07 AM

I dont know if making a exchange in php it's a good idea  Cheesy
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 10:35:02 AM

I hope you can find some volunteers to help you with this project, but my guess is that it's going to be difficult.
I've been following a couple of open-source centralized exchange projects on Github and most of them don't seem to attract many developers, at least not enough to keep those projects updated.

Wlox was a pretty neat project for example, but it just stopped being updated after a while, even though it used to have quite a lot of contributors.
https://github.com/wlox/wlox

nipol

Activity: 46

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:52:31 PM

We are looking for software to organize a cryptocurrency exchange (have a look at: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2488439.0 )

And we will be very grateful for the advices and links!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

cryptobrotherz

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:21:05 PM

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum so forgive me if I am posting in the wrong location. The topic is the same so I figured it would probably be alright. I am looking to start a cryptocurrency exchange. I have business and marketing experience. However, I have no coding, programming or development experience at all. I know there are numerous exchanges and even more people wanting to make them. The exchange we plan to launch will address and fix some key issues I see current exchanges lacking. A few things we would like to have in our exchange are...
1. After a trade is made, a balance sheet including the amount that you made (or lost on each trade). Currently it just shows what decimal you paid and what decimal you sold. By the time you go to calculate your profit/loss the value of the currency has changed. A ledger will save the user time and headache while at the same time complying with the new ITD (BS)
2. We want to have more crypto to usd trading options. You currently have to switch from numerous exchange platforms to buy various cryptos.
3. Lastly, if we can get a team member who is based out of the U.S or China we can offer to purchase ICO tokens on behalf of our users. Countless ICO opportunities are excluding the US and China. If we can purchase them for our users, it should bring us more users.

We are planning to have an ICO to raise funds for start up. Much of the income will be held to sustain the trading platform. However, some payment can and will go to our development team. In addition to some of the upfront money, the development team will also receive token ownership and possibly partial ownership. I am writing to see if anyone is interested in joining. Anyone that comes on board will have a voice and we will grow the project as a team. Thank you
nipol

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:14:54 AM

We are still looking for software to organize a cryptocurrency exchange (have a look at: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2488439.0 )

And we will be very grateful for the advices and links!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
coinsclone

Activity: 189

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:30:00 PM

I dont know if making a exchange in php it's a good idea  Cheesy

It is a good idea to make an exchange in php.

Check out the demo here.

AirP2PFoundation

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:25:43 AM

Great take on these problems you have been facing, these hackers are hard and they try to hack all the time, but this will surely help your project grow a lot and other anti-hackers (white hats) will now have access to help you out more which is great, and thanks for doing this form all the crypto community, this will help crypto grow I am sure of it.
pub.vale.123

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:54:34 AM

If you was attacked by hackers means you need hackers on your team.

I am interested to be part of an exchange. We can assemble a militarized computer and let see if hackers came again.

Pub.Vale.123@gmail.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: