Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:12:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best GPU NVIDIA miner and altcoin these days?  (Read 1231 times)
YonaPN (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 03:01:19 PM

Hello, In the last few days I've been using NiceHash with my nvidia 980, I got about $ 4.50 per day, but the last 5 days only about $ 2.50 per day

I would like to know if there is any way to get more profit (undermining honey coin for example).

I'm a novice, avoid a complicated answer to understand, I've only been in this for two weeks.

Regards.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GaryH

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:34:44 PM

Nicehash has a lot of fees.  Do better mining on your own. 

use the Nicehash profitability calculator and set it for your 980:  https://www.nicehash.com/?p=calc

--this will give you your cards hash rates for various algos.

Then go to http://whattomine.com/ and in the lower right, pick the 1060 or some nvidia card, put 1 in the box and make sure the button turns green.  Then at the top click on whatever algos the Nicehash calculator said your card did.  Put in the actual hash rates and then you'll see the most profitable coin.

Depending on your coin, you will probably do the best with Claymore, EBWF, or ccminer.  I've found the easiest thing to do until you understand the various algos is to go to a mining pool and click on the Getting Started or Help link and they will list the various miners and give you the info for their pool.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: