Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:44:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In event of your death  (Read 5978 times)
CryptosapienZA (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 01:05:38 PM

I am wondering what provisions have you all made in case you die before cashing out your bitcoins? I am single, live alone and both my parents are deceased. My siblings dont care about any of this, however I would like my nieces and nephews to get some of my profits but they are still very young right now. I dont trust lawyers to give them my private keys. I am wondering, what can I do?
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 01:16:07 PM

I am wondering what provisions have you all made in case you die before cashing out your bitcoins? I am single, live alone and both my parents are deceased. My siblings dont care about any of this, however I would like my nieces and nephews to get some of my profits but they are still very young right now. I dont trust lawyers to give them my private keys. I am wondering, what can I do?
I would have asked why you would be thinking of death when you are apparently just starting your life, then it dawned on me that death is inevitable. I still wanna live very long so death is the last thing on my mind right now and I know God's gat my back but if I am to do what you wanna do, I would just write a will with my lawyer then open a safe with a good bank to keep all my wallet details which are to be disclosed to my lawyer in the presence of my named nephews and nieces and all beneficiaries only when I am deceased. In that way, you should be able to share your profit with no kwams.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 01:33:33 PM

Get a key man. I have an arrangement where if I should come up missing for a while, one of my close friends will reconcile my estate, that is, liquidate my positions, consolidate the funds, and pass them to the Miss.. He's a fail-safe, the Miss has all of the privilege keys, key phrases and such she needs to turn our digital value into physical value. I implicitly trust this friend and my wife with my life; I would suggest you pick someone that is financially stable, a well known, long time friend, and have someone check up on him Wink

You would trust a lawyer. Trust a blood relative, sexual partner or close friend Wink but be careful.
vh

Activity: 699
Merit: 666

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 01:55:35 PM

Head over to the marketplace auction area.   There are a few creative folks over there thank make physical coins with security holograms protecting the private key.   You have to destroy the coin and hologram to get to the key.   It's a good way to pass bitcoins on as a legacy item without simply revealing the private key to the handler.

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:02:56 PM

Head over to the marketplace auction area.   There are a few creative folks over there thank make physical coins with security holograms protecting the private key.   You have to destroy the coin and hologram to get to the key.   It's a good way to pass bitcoins on as a legacy item without simply revealing the private key to the handler.

that thing is going to cost a lot, it is best if you invest that money in buying more bitcoins instead. the physical coins are only good for those who are collectors.
in this case OP can write a will and in that he can simply add his private keys or the password to his wallet for example. or better yet go to a lawyer and do all this.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
FasTroy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:10:01 PM

You should don't think for death, because your life is just started when you begin to save your bitcoins. Cheesy. Don't thinking in bad things. Anyways, if you want me to tell you what you want when dead, I would tell you, If you don't have anyone who trust so die in piece with your bitcoin, else you should give your privates keys to someone who love too much and trust it.

Palmerson

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:11:12 PM

It seems to me that you can buy property in their name, paying them a study in a prestigious College or University or can create on them the name of some business. To leave a legacy bitcoins to people far removed from crypto is not a good idea.

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀

♡   Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency   ♡
██Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |  Bitcointalk  |  Github██

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀
YOYOY

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:31:38 PM

Just give your private keys to your nephews and nieces we don't even know one of them will be interested in earning bitcoins in the future. Bitcoin gain some names in the media right now if they find it out, maybe they'll engage to it. I heard that some schools accept bitcoins for tuition fees maybe you can help your nephews and nieces with that if they are studying right now or even your siblings that needs good education for them in the future, in that way you can help if that happens to you, but, I hope it will not don't afford to die in that way. Keep Living mate!
Raven91

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:39:03 PM

In event of my death I consider all the people that I laugh with ,work with and love with. I will surely appreciate people that will come on my funeral and reminisce the moments that I am with them.I will surely remember them.
MetalGear

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:47:48 PM

In event of my death wherever and whenever it would be as long as it is according to the Lord Jesus Christ who created me I would rather accept it and I will surely appreciate those people whom I enjoyed my life with.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:50:42 PM

i trust my family, they have access to my coin, so i'm not worried, they would use those if needed, they know they can't use them now without my permission of course, we have rules

also my brother is tech savy, programmers, so he would have no problem understanding bitcoin
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:51:11 PM

I haven't really made any kind of plans in regards to something like that, but I guess I might as well set up something so that the rest of my family is able to get their hands on my Bitcoin in the event that I die. I don't know if the small amount of money they would get from something like this would be worth the time since there would be far large payouts from life insurance, assuming I die from something covered by that, but you never know.

I'll probably have a usb or two with text files with a ton of different keys, with IDs like A-1 or whatever, and on my will I'll have the correct private key listed.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 02:55:44 PM

Your siblings may not care about Bitcoin, but they likely do care about money. And if your wealth can help them or their kids or a charity i'm sure they'll be keen to figure it out.

Do you have a will? You should start with a will. And you don't need a lawyer for most of it, a lawyer will just have to deliver it to the Executor or Administrator (that you choose, someone you trust) to carry out your wishes.

Open a safe deposit box, put your private keys in it with instructions on how to use them and any passwords to online wallets you may have (where you don't have private keys). Then leave instructions on how to access the safe deposit box in the will (no need to state that there is Bitcoin inside).

In the mean time you should talk to your siblings or a close friend about your interest in Bitcoin and that if you die someone may need to cash a few in. Don't allude to how much you have, just say it was a little curiosity so you bought one or two.

For me personally - I haven't made these plans yet, but I probably should. I need to start by talking to family about how this whole thing works and where they can find resources - like this forum!
Gunawan82

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 04:25:26 PM

I believe with my son and wife
So what to fear with death
They will receive everything..
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 04:47:30 PM

Yeah don't trust those lawyers. For me what I did was store my private keys in paper wallets. Which means I printed out my private keys in documents and left it in security deposit box in the bank. This safety deposit box is written in my diary and in the event I die, my heirs will get it. Though it's nothing too much, but it could be something in the far future.
clardalan

Activity: 126

Bitcoin amateur learning by doing

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:13:49 PM

I am also wondering how to do this. My cryptosavings are 90% of all savings I have, enough to sustain my family 5 years.
So if I would die and they do not know what to do they have a problem.

Key issue I have is with the 2FA on my mobile. I fly a lot, imagine the plane crashes.
They can not enter any of the exchanges to withdraw the funds.

Tip/donate
LTC: Lf44EehvMzoyjnWqbmsxugomAnRzKawXu
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:16:12 PM

To be very clever here, I would say that you should give those private keys to their parents in a way that they won't be able to care much about it, like putting those keys in a locker and give the keys to either the parents or the niece or nephew themselves if any of them have complete sense and knowledge about what they are getting, and take a promise from them that they will only take it after you die. Still, trust is the most important factor here.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 05:17:22 PM

If you will die then give your wealth to the needed. They are the most good benificiaries of it. If we will die we doesnt have it in the grave so therefore as long as you living now, help others people to spend you money just to provide feeding program for them and i think it is the best idea so far. Share you blesssing to everyone.

aysg76
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:18:11 PM

Just explains to your nephew where they can find " a special piece" of paper, with all instructions, how about using btc, and private key.
sound good as solution? Cheesy

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
IGNation

Activity: 91

★Adconity.com★

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:33:12 PM

Thinking about it makes my heart ache but we cant avoid it, but im not thingking about it yet because I still wanted to achieve something in my life and be proud of it and make sure to give my children a better life than I had. if you think or feel like dying soon maybe you should start arranging everything actually you should do that even without thinking that you'll die soon, you should write a will? That what ill probably do if I become successful.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: