Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:04:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In event of your death  (Read 5976 times)
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 12:10:58 PM

I am wondering what provisions have you all made in case you die before cashing out your bitcoins? I am single, live alone and both my parents are deceased. My siblings dont care about any of this, however I would like my nieces and nephews to get some of my profits but they are still very young right now. I dont trust lawyers to give them my private keys. I am wondering, what can I do?

LOL such a gloomy thought dude though reasonable. I think you should teach them already about btc. You really wouldn't have much choice but to teach them about it. Or you can make recordings where you can explain to them how to have access to your btcs and how to use it if they're still too young to understand.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 12:16:17 PM

I am wondering what provisions have you all made in case you die before cashing out your bitcoins? I am single, live alone and both my parents are deceased. My siblings dont care about any of this, however I would like my nieces and nephews to get some of my profits but they are still very young right now. I dont trust lawyers to give them my private keys. I am wondering, what can I do?

LOL such a gloomy thought dude though reasonable. I think you should teach them already about btc. You really wouldn't have much choice but to teach them about it. Or you can make recordings where you can explain to them how to have access to your btcs and how to use it if they're still too young to understand.

Yes, I agree but why would he have to do some recording to teach them.  They could always watch it online on youtube.  More accurate and more understandable. Grin  But anyways, yes, he should teach them already about bitcoins while they are still young.  But kids were not really interested into it as they are more interested on cartoons and games.  Maybe you could write some links, addresses so that when you die they can access it.  Or better yet, exchange it and have open their accounts.
camelson
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 12:25:32 PM

Don't think about the death if you have Bitcoin in your account just enjoy it and cash it out  Wink
Also search for a person on whom you can trust. I have my family and a friend who know about my private key and I can trust them completely.
Chanock

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 05:39:11 AM

If you are worrying who will benefit on your bitcoin when you die, Evaluate your love ones first, think whose needed your help most  then, as soon as today, educate him/her regarding bitcoin.  If he or she shows no interest, then he/she losses his/her chance to benefit on your bitcoin.  Look for somebody in your family who will show interest and I am sure that one of them will show interest and maybe they will invest on bitcoin when he/she found out how you earn using bitcoin even you are still alive.  Then, both of you will benefits on bitcoin. But if ever nobody in the family shows no interest, you can donate your bitcoin in  social welfare through educating the person in-charge how bitcoin works.  There is no need to worry about what will happen to your bitcoin when you die.  Right now, Just live your life up to the fullest  and enjoy your bitcoin earnings.
mariahh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 08:20:37 PM

The fact that you couldn't afford money to die is dramatic (but this is not our theme).
Personally I have never thought what would I do my bitcoin account if i would been dead.This because  I've just started the account and I am only 19 years old.However people generally don't think that they are going to die because they do not want to die, and this means that we should all make sure that if we die this kind of investmen (bitcoin) somebody else would gain the value of "money" instead of get lost.
doomloop

Activity: 2268
Merit: 581

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 10:04:17 PM

death is the compulsory thing and no one knows about the date and time, i think you are good at this point that you think about this matter, well in my opinion you do not need to give your personal keys to lawyers but you need to write all your personal keys in your dairy or whatever and simply tell about it to your siblings and tell them to get profit after him.

JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 11:35:07 PM

Now that's a really bad situation for you why don't you just store it in a usb and tell you neice to keep it safe. You can create like a document file in it explaining everything and how to restore. Or I'm assuming you are pretty old so why don't you just sell those coins and enjoy your life as you said you have no one with you
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 11:56:30 PM

Don't trust some lawyers as they are only for the money. But still there are some lawyers that has commitment to their jobs and contract so it's good also if you will have your last will to your nieces and nephews when you die, just give him some instruction and he's the one to explain it when you passed away.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 10:08:45 AM

Don't trust some lawyers as they are only for the money. But still there are some lawyers that has commitment to their jobs and contract so it's good also if you will have your last will to your nieces and nephews when you die, just give him some instruction and he's the one to explain it when you passed away.
It is still better and safe to just teach those kids about bitcoin instead of trusting a lawyer because you can't be sure if he will do his job in bitcoin, if he will turn over the bitcoins after of your death. Teaching children or teens is not that time consuming and it just need a few hours to make them understand what are you really saying and it will not cost you a lot of money because hiring a lawyer costs at least a few hundred bucks or even higher than that.
senyap101

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 10:16:58 AM

It's really awkward you could have even a slight thought in your head about dying... But just in case you could get your best man or mate to hold on to your assets for you
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 10:19:45 AM

It's really awkward you could have even a slight thought in your head about dying... But just in case you could get your best man or mate to hold on to your assets for you

Its essential to even think on this line because nobody has seen tomorrow. SO you need to plan out things in such a manner that other should be aware about your investment done in any form in financial markets or others and can take it forward from their in case of uncertainty .
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 10:22:28 AM

Its essential to even think on this line because nobody has seen tomorrow. SO you need to plan out things in such a manner that other should be aware about your investment done in any form in financial markets or others and can take it forward from their in case of uncertainty .

Agreed, life is uncertain. None know what happens the next minute, so as the above mate mentioned we need to be active and has plans to profit from our family when something happens. Nothing similar to bank nominee service is found, but we need to teach them and make them use of our hard investment rather than letting it go unused.

webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 11:55:04 AM

Since Bitcoin is unregulated in most of the countries, it is certainly possible that anybody can claim your Bitcoins. I don't think will in this case would work too, you need to give out private keys to your nieces, nephews rest no chances. 
I think best for you is to spend BTC and enjoy your life or alternatively let BTC rest in your wallet and forget worrying what would happen to them after your death. Let's them lock for future.

/]..JAMBLER.io../]Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
/our-partners.php]      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
/become-seller.php]   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 12:03:58 PM

It is possible for your nieces and nephews to benefit all your Bitcoins in the event of your death if someone knows the password of your Bitcoin Wallet. Because it is the key in order for your heirs to access what is inside of your Wallet Account. Now I don't know the procedures for your lawyer much more the laws involving your country but you must ask a legal assistance of a lawyer in that matter. If you don't want any lawyer involve you can always go straight to your heirs with no problem.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Hasbro27

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 12:05:04 PM

I think it's hard if I'm in your position, because your nephew is underage, I think waiting for your niece is old enough, and praying that you are given a long life, that's my opinion.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:28:40 PM

I am also facing the same situation. I am not married, and my parents are not tech savvy enough to understand the technology behind Bitcoin. I haven't shared my private keys or wallet backups with anyone, as I am afraid that they will double-cross me and steal my coins. What should I do to make sure that my coins don't go waste?
Maybe you could try to share your seed instead, in a way that no one else would understand, you could underline twelve words in a book in the order in which they appear in your seed and you tell your parents that in that book there is a lot of wealth, you teach them how to recover your wallet with a different seed, maybe you create a video or write the instructions in your will and that way your coins will not be lost.
Babylon

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 09:27:48 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2017, 11:08:30 AM by Babylon

To be successful in trading or business first you should have  knowledge, skills and experience. This will help you to seek and grab opportunities along your way. Also you should've some capital, it's hard to start trading without money. To gain experience you should also talk and ask some experienced traders advice.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 09:05:21 PM

I see some of you point out lawyers but how can I trust a lawyer when the subject is bitcoin? I can't trust a damn lawyer for my bitcoin.
Bitcoin is breaking records now a days you in a future you will allow to hire a lawyer to handle your case according to bitcoin. Don't take it easily take everything serious.Because sometimes the seeing thing is not the same inside which is looking toward. So i will bit you will hire a bitcoin if something happen like that.
toomanygoldy2

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 01:12:59 AM

It's good to have someone that can keep your goods in case you die, at least you can rest knowing someone you don't know can't steal what you worked for during life.
White Christmas

Activity: 882
Merit: 258

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 02:17:34 AM

In event of my death I consider all the people that I laugh with ,work with and love with. I will surely appreciate people that will come on my funeral and reminisce the moments that I am with them.I will surely remember them.
Yes you are so lucky if you found a friends like them before you get died. In event of my death I want to have a part where my bestfriend will reminisce our craziness. I want those people who are near from be happy on that day even im gone. I cant see them crying cause its like killing myself for the second time around.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███