Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:59:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In event of your death  (Read 5978 times)
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 10:21:33 PM

I'm actually completely unprepared for death. I have no will or anything, but I'm still young and my parents are alive, so I haven't inherited anything yet. I'll start worrying about it when I have a significant wealth and/or a family of my own. If I died now there wouldn't be anybody who could put my coins to a good use, as my parents have more than enough to live out their final years and they're too old to start traveling or move to a new house. Life is so short...

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mybedisall4mee

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 10:54:50 PM

Look for a very good friend to trust with, while your other options grow up.
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:52:16 AM

There are various legal ways to set this up in there are so various software ways to set this up. You can set up smart contracts that cover the event of a death. You can also set up legal contracts to cover the event of a death. Very simple the easiest way to do it would be a legal route where you seal the password in a file and that file cannot be opened by anyone except for the attorney at the time of death.
CryptosapienZA (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 03:22:38 PM

This has been really eyeopening. Atleast it looks like I am not the only one who is totally unprepared should death knock on my door. I am in the process of making proper arrangements. Thank you for the suggestions!
Coinmyjob

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 03:39:43 PM

This has been really eyeopening. Atleast it looks like I am not the only one who is totally unprepared should death knock on my door. I am in the process of making proper arrangements. Thank you for the suggestions!
I'm even a bit confused, because you do not think about your death quite young enough. But the fact is that it happens to come very unexpectedly and if you think about it, you probably need to make some preparations. It is even possible to write a will.

CODE200

Activity: 1428
Merit: 308

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 03:43:27 PM

I am wondering what provisions have you all made in case you die before cashing out your bitcoins? I am single, live alone and both my parents are deceased. My siblings dont care about any of this, however I would like my nieces and nephews to get some of my profits but they are still very young right now. I dont trust lawyers to give them my private keys. I am wondering, what can I do?
In case of dying all of my private keys are in my one USB and I have a note in that I guess and that will be their access to my money and I hope they will know it because I am only one in the family that know about the bitcoin so I think they figure it out soon.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
masterchief001

Activity: 585

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:24:17 PM

Maybe if you have a very good friend you can trust him/her, while your nephews grow up.
Maybe friends are good options. But dont you think that it will be better if you trust a member of your family? Like your wife or your kids or even your parents. It is not very hard to teach them about bitcoin and the cryptocurrency

I think a real friend is someone you can trust, however, there are many things that can happen. The friendship is beautiful, but it often comes with the traitor. This betrayal hurts you more than anything, so do not choose the wrong person.
Aamir1

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:47:06 PM

I myself never thought of it that way. I also don't have anyone right now whom i can give my private keys or make him/her understand that what is bitcoin and how it works and how you can use my money if i die (Hope that doesn't happen soon). Lets hope we don't die until we do something for this, and if we die before that, our coins will stay in our wallets forever unless someone hack into our wallets and take them out.
franco123

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 03:04:08 PM

Every investment instrument has it's own different kinds of risk, and this topic is one of which when investing in Bitcoin. However, just like the other investment instruments, this risk can also be managed in order to minimize the overall risk of your investment. An example for you to minimize the risk of the situation is by having a bank that would secure your access to your wallet. Yes, I agree that you can not just trust a lawyer with the details because they can easily cash out your Bitcoins and run away with it. But with banks, you will sign a contract and as a well established bank, they will follow the contract and only give access to your details to the heirs that you will provide them. So be careful in the bank of your choice, make sure it is a big one or the top bank in your country in order to secure your details from being leaked.
prieaji

Activity: 152

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:48:16 PM

Before I die, I will give all to my child. But before giving it to me I have to teach what bitcoin it is to my own child.
ubitcoin

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:16:55 PM

Look for a very good friend to trust with, while your other options grow up.
There will be option create by bitcoin soon. So we should not need a trusted friend after all this option will improve everything. So we can give our bitcoin permission after death to other. But as you talked about a good friend. Why should not be a family friend because family is closer and trusted than a friend instead giving address to friend we should give to our family members.
hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:21:58 PM

1.just make a paper wallets of all your crypto assets, print it and store it in bank vault
2. write a little manual about crypto
3.tell your families that you have a certain amount of cash or gold in the vault

Blah blah
dwieyani

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:56:44 PM

If you experience death whether you will do the same with others, other people will do a testament to children or inheritance, This is a good way to pass bitcoins as an inheritance item without simply revealing the private key to the handler.
doomloop

Activity: 2268
Merit: 581

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:04:54 PM

Every investment instrument has it's own different kinds of risk, and this topic is one of which when investing in Bitcoin. However, just like the other investment instruments, this risk can also be managed in order to minimize the overall risk of your investment. An example for you to minimize the risk of the situation is by having a bank that would secure your access to your wallet. Yes, I agree that you can not just trust a lawyer with the details because they can easily cash out your Bitcoins and run away with it. But with banks, you will sign a contract and as a well established bank, they will follow the contract and only give access to your details to the heirs that you will provide them. So be careful in the bank of your choice, make sure it is a big one or the top bank in your country in order to secure your details from being leaked.
yes you are right and I am strongly agree with you that everything in this world has some risk and the same way bitcoin also facing a kind of risk and there is nothing new in it but I think our life does not have any guaranty so how can we say that we will earn good money even without any risk bitcoin is a currency in which the chance of earning is bigger than the chance of loss.

CryptosapienZA (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:14:10 PM

I am wondering what provisions have you all made in case you die before cashing out your bitcoins? I am single, live alone and both my parents are deceased. My siblings dont care about any of this, however I would like my nieces and nephews to get some of my profits but they are still very young right now. I dont trust lawyers to give them my private keys. I am wondering, what can I do?
In case of dying all of my private keys are in my one USB and I have a note in that I guess and that will be their access to my money and I hope they will know it because I am only one in the family that know about the bitcoin so I think they figure it out soon.

This is a brilliant idea.  Unfortunately due to the fact that Bitcoin transactions are not reversible is my main reason I dont have a lawyer I trust not to steal my little accumulated wealth. This suggestion is very convenient. I think I will separate the assets, one half in usb and the rest in paper wallet. Thank you!
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 11:07:29 PM

That is very easy. Before you die just in case make a letter. If that happens it will be delivered to one of your siblings. Tell them its a huge amount of money and explain everything on that letter on what they need to do. Or marry someone before everything's too late so it's much better that your children will inherit all of that profits.
Nope it is not easy at all, you say before you die, but what if you die suddenly, like in an accident then your coins are going to be lost, and if you reveal your private keys to someone then they are the owners of the coins, so like you see this is not an easy matter at all, since someone could steal the private key from the person you gave it to and then rob you and leave you with nothing.
Chikitita2004

Activity: 560
Merit: 121

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 07:04:57 PM

Another option can be, put everything in a secret place. Records of all your private keys, records of all your bank accounts and properties and written testaments that if something happens to you, what's been written in your testament will be binding, and secure them in a safest place you think is and secure a trusted individual also or a lawyer and have them sign with the third or fourth party for the agreement. So the lawyer could not run away with it by himself.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
Yarsk

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 07:51:56 PM

My friend why will you be thinking of death at this prime age of your life, even God assured us in his world that with long life he will satisfy us. So why thinking who will inherit ur bitcoin wallet when you die.
Have you thought of the life ahead of you ur beautiful wife, your lovely kids. Pls work on your mindset and inrase death from your dictionary.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:20:24 AM

put everything you've got on a flash drive and leave it in a banks vault? Then leave in the will the password or whatever to the one you think he'd use it the most. That's what I'd do or maybe send keys to some charity and write somewhere on how to use it.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
CryptosapienZA (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:23:36 PM

My friend why will you be thinking of death at this prime age of your life, even God assured us in his world that with long life he will satisfy us. So why thinking who will inherit ur bitcoin wallet when you die.
Have you thought of the life ahead of you ur beautiful wife, your lovely kids. Pls work on your mindset and inrase death from your dictionary.

Unfortunately if theres one thing we are all certain of. It is that death is our future. Death doesnt care whether we like that or not. I would rather be prepared than living on a bubble of,"I am not going to die anytime soon". Noone knows when their time will come.

put everything you've got on a flash drive and leave it in a banks vault? Then leave in the will the password or whatever to the one you think he'd use it the most. That's what I'd do or maybe send keys to some charity and write somewhere on how to use it.

Thank you!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: