Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:05:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info - How can I sign a payment with a message  (Read 601 times)
stupido656 (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 03:26:44 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2017, 11:21:04 AM by stupido656

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 03:57:38 PM

Hello, so I sent some bitcoins from my multisig wallet to blockchain.info to participate in this ICO. I sent the bitcoins to the ICO and now I need to sign the payment but I have tried everything and it just won't let me find a option to sign it on blockchain.info. When I go to Settings->Addresses->Import Address and copy paste the from address from transactions it shows it as "Watch Only" and gives me the more options to "Archieve, transfer or spend" instead of the usual "Sign, show private key" etc.

Im really desperate been trying to figure this out for several hours now I can pay 50$ in bitcoins to whoever helps me solve this problem if they want

If you have successfully imported an address you will find the sign message option.

A bitcoin watch-only address allows you to monitor the balance and transaction activity at a specific address, but does not allow you to spend the bitcoins. Only the owner of the corresponding bitcoin address’ private key can spend those funds. By watching the address, you have read-only permissions.

Instead of entering the private key you have entered an address which you can watch only.

You can only access these funds if you have the private key stored elsewhere.

https://blog.blockchain.com/2014/11/25/quick-bit-bitcoin-watch-only-addresses/
Devboy

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:13:23 PM

To get sign message check out the setting option, you will find a section labeled "Sign Message" or something similar. It's probably near where the Verify Message tool is. However, Check it out: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990345.0#post_bci2  which is detailed here.
krishnapramod
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:15:43 PM

Yeah the problem is I can't successfully import the address, it shows as a "watch only" address no matter how many times I import it and my private key doesn't not recognize the address

I entered the address it says I sent my bitcoins from when I sent them from blockchain.info to the ICO but my private key is not working for it

But I think this might be some kind of double spend protection or something maybe because I made a blockchain.info wallet and sent some bitcoins to it and then immidiately sent some bitcoins back without waiting for confirmation to see how how sending bitcoins from blockchain.info works and this caused the rest of the bitcoins to be simultaneously sent to some weird address even if I did not request it to be sent. And then I sent the rest of the bitcoins that was on this weird address but still showed up on my blockchain.info to this ICO bitcoin address and it got sent without any problems but I don't have the private key for this weird bitcoin address apparently

A similar thing had happened to me once. As soon you receive funds on Blockchain wallet you can send funds without confirmation and then that transaction is marked double spend. The balance in the wallet should get updated only after 6 confirmations, but in Blockchain it is as soon as you receive the funds, it's a bug I guess.

Did the ICO transaction got confirmed? Since you did a double spend, Blockchain assigns another address as a precaution, but I guess once this transaction gets confirmed the weird address in the transaction would be replaced by your default address. Something like that happened to me when I accidentally did a double spend through Blockchain wallet.
krishnapramod
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:42:33 PM

Yeah the problem is I can't successfully import the address, it shows as a "watch only" address no matter how many times I import it and my private key doesn't not recognize the address

I entered the address it says I sent my bitcoins from when I sent them from blockchain.info to the ICO but my private key is not working for it

But I think this might be some kind of double spend protection or something maybe because I made a blockchain.info wallet and sent some bitcoins to it and then immidiately sent some bitcoins back without waiting for confirmation to see how how sending bitcoins from blockchain.info works and this caused the rest of the bitcoins to be simultaneously sent to some weird address even if I did not request it to be sent. And then I sent the rest of the bitcoins that was on this weird address but still showed up on my blockchain.info to this ICO bitcoin address and it got sent without any problems but I don't have the private key for this weird bitcoin address apparently

A similar thing had happened to me once. As soon you receive funds on Blockchain wallet you can send funds without confirmation and then that transaction is marked double spend. The balance in the wallet should get updated only after 6 confirmations, but in Blockchain it is as soon as you receive the funds, it's a bug I guess.

Did the ICO transaction got confirmed? Since you did a double spend, Blockchain assigns another address as a precaution, but I guess once this transaction gets confirmed the weird address in the transaction would be replaced by your default address. Something like that happened to me when I accidentally did a double spend through Blockchain wallet.

Yes it did go thru and got confirmed. Blockchain.info still showing the weird change address instead of my normal address in the transaction. I don't know how I can prove the ICO it was me who sent the bitcoins since I can't sign and verify the payment sent from the weird change address :/ I will try contact them maybe

Yeah since they assigned a new address for the transaction you can contact blockchain support to provide you with the private key. The temporary address would be replaced by your default address, it may take up to 24 hours.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 03:27:46 AM

Take a look at this document to see how to get your private key. Once your have your private key, you can import it into a light client such as electrum and sign a message.

You can send the bounty to the address in my profile.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: