Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:34:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Pool For a Beginner?  (Read 8635 times)
Ben (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 11:43:57 PM

Just joined BitCoin have read a little about it and im now looking to join a Pool. Not quite if different Pool's offer different things, im just looking for the best one for a beginner like myself.

Ben
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
um0rion

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 11:47:38 PM

I personally like Slush's pool (mining.bitcoin.cz) , and BTCguild (BTCGuild.com). Slush has a 2% fee while BTCGuild is free, but I like Slush's pool enough for the fee not to bother me. Deepbit is a good pool too, but has the highest fee at 3%, but Id suggest staying away for the time being, because deepbit has too much marketshare to be healthy for bitcoin as a whole.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 11:50:10 PM

0% fees here https://www.bitcoins.lc/

And the guys that run it are very professional.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Ben (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 11:51:28 PM

Ok just signed up for Slushes Pool. Going to give it a quick now then.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 11:53:50 PM

So you choose to pay fees while you could pay none just because 1 user writes he likes it? Shocked

Anyways, I recommend Eligius, automatic payouts without having to do anything (if you stop mining after 1 week you receive the remainder) > all.

Btw. it's perfectly possible wo mine in several pools at once to decrease variance.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Ben (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 12:03:39 AM

Im just looking to give it a quick go before im done for today. Will look into the Pool's properly and choose the right one.
darkpandora

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 12:06:52 AM

i recommend https://www.bitcoins.lc/
Smiley

K U R D I  S T A N
K U R D I S T A N
K U R D I S T A N
shamathana

Activity: 46

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 09:45:22 PM

So you choose to pay fees while you could pay none just because 1 user writes he likes it? Shocked

Anyways, I recommend Eligius, automatic payouts without having to do anything (if you stop mining after 1 week you receive the remainder) > all.

Btw. it's perfectly possible wo mine in several pools at once to decrease variance.
u mine for money right?! and then u choose a server where u will get less money XD
don't know why there are even some ppl who join pools with fees. but if u compare deepbit.net with 3000gh/s vs eligius.st with 300gh/s the world seems to be full of philanthropists.

anyway i recommend eligius.st too, not because i like it *g, but: no fees, no registration needed, lots of stats, automatic payout, no mining for a week and the remains get paids out!
downside: need 1btc for paidout or wait a week, in the last couple days some blocks were invalid.

also for me, it has the highest sharevalue:
6,984*10^9 BTC average for every share submitted eligius.st
6,465*10^9 BTC average for every share submitted bitcoins.lc
3,862*10^9 BTC average for every share submitted deepbit.net they have pps too @ 5,129..*10^9 BTC (which i should have used *G)
those are the 3 i use. i tested bitcoinpool.com too, but since i lost 1/4 of my earning to fees...
Reikoku

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

firstbits: 1kwc1p

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 03:44:20 AM

mineco.in is my personal favourite right now. It pays out absolutely everything including transaction fees.

Rei | 1Kwc1pqv54jCg8jvnm3Gu1dqFQYhS34Bow
Trades So Far: 7
PandaMiner

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 07:43:16 AM

I think for a newbie, a free pool is best to get your feet "wet" lol.

I love puns. But seriously, Mine at a free one first, get your first pay out (0.01 or more in some places) and you can breathe a sigh of relief, knowing that everything is working.

Then, join a pool you have researched.  I just learned today that Reddit has a pool. Cool.

❘|❘ NEUFUND Re-Imagine ICOs | Connect off- and on-chain with equity tokens | Enjoy risk-free commitment
JOIN THE ICBM | JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: