Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:14:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you plan to pass on your bitcoin inhertance  (Read 1571 times)
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2017, 08:35:49 AM

This is a very sensitive subject. Right now I am not much bothered about it, since my holdings are quite small. But in future, if my holdings get bigger in size, then I need to think about it. Perhaps I will transfer all my coins to a paper-wallet, and then take the printout of the private keys and keep them in some bank locker.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 10:25:11 AM

I just past it now to my family but I put it in a box, in a box there is a letter and a list of all my bitcoin account so they can know how to get that amount or they can continue what I am doing.

Clever idea.  You may want also to include videos which may help your family to understand bitcoin.  Also, videos that contain how bitcoin was made and how to earn more through it.  Be sure to put it on separate boxes so that no one will be greedy to take or steal some inherited bitcoins of others to their wallet.
fathur.aza

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:40:36 AM

I have planned everything with what I thought I would give bitcoin to my child, before that I will teach my children and friends who do not know about bitcoin.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2017, 11:48:27 AM

Lets face it HBB (hit by a bus) can happen any time

what is you mechanism or plan to inherent you BTC to your loved ones?

particularly if they are not IT literate.

In my view A person could easily loose your coins in so many ways if you do not understand what you are doing.

If you have 2 or more Bitcoin it is just right that you must prepare for any incident consequences that could happen to you,so you need to write a documents explaining to your heirs how Bitcoin works and how they can trade or convert your bitcoin to fiat money .

tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 12:06:08 PM

Easiest way is to leave it as part of your will encrypted on a flash drive, leaving the password elsewhere in case of a dodgy lawyer Smiley  somewhere you know that your family will find it, or tell them where it will be.
MostHigh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 12:11:28 PM

we are all coming up with answers o providing a code and demo but i think, one owning many bitcoins should not be a secret to a faithful friend, being it a spouse, parents, children or colleague. This will ensure your hard earn serving gain the right use. Lets not keep this secret
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 12:24:18 PM

I will just make a paper wallet and transfer all of my bitcoins there and if my son is at least 18 yrs old, i will tell him about bitcoin and how to use it or redeem it then i will just trust him my paper wallet and i will tell him that just use those bitcoins if he really need money like in case of emergency but none of the less just hold it.
h3nchm19

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 01:05:49 PM

I don't know and I don't want to consider that anytime soon, you could always keep your private keys in a secure bank vault and giving the passphrase to a trusted family member to use if there is a need, Most people here are less than 50 though and not considering that point now.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2017, 02:34:53 PM

I just share everything with my girlfriend, so she has access to my coins if something happens.
Same with all of my logins, it's very important to me that I have at least one such person in my life who I can trust for 100%

Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 05:53:21 PM

Lets face it HBB (hit by a bus) can happen any time

what is you mechanism or plan to inherent you BTC to your loved ones?

particularly if they are not IT literate.

In my view A person could easily loose your coins in so many ways if you do not understand what you are doing.

If I die, my parents would probably think where did all the money that I have goes. After the funeral, at some point they would probably investigate my computer with my sister who knows how to use bitcoins. They simply have to find the notepad where I'm keeping my wallet's seed and that's it. My years of earnings are all theirs. It's not that hard to figure things out since I don't hide my notepad at all. It's just somewhere in our house where you can easily find it. You wouldn't think that one piece of paper is so actually so important to me. Good thing because no one's visiting me to our house so no one can find it except my family.

In simpler words, when I die, my sister knows what to do. No worries about how to pass on my bitcoins to my family.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████