Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:10:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-06-23] Top 6 Things to Keep in Mind Before Launching a Cryptocurrency ICO  (Read 3263 times)
White sugar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 08:01:26 AM

With all of the hype surrounding cryptocurrency ICOs these days, some apparent issues are coming to the surface. Anyone looking to host an ICO may want to consider a few important things before taking the plunge. Below are a handful of the most common “issues” people have when it comes to cryptocurrency ICOs. It is virtually impossible to achieve all of the things below, though.

https://themerkle.com/top-6-things-to-keep-in-mind-before-launching-a-cryptocurrency-ico/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 04:13:58 PM

I am watching the current ICO situation and indeed there are so many problems right now. Aside from the fact that it is unregulated which can expose buyers to great risks, there are many who are plainly not ready and who seems to be unmindful of their own published roadmap.

I also find some ICOs to be limiting their mode of payment only with Ethereum which can frustrating for those who have their funds in Bitcoin. I see some who have many choices and I realize if other can do why can't some also offer alternative way to pay?

Buying coins/tokens while a project is still in the ICO stage can be profitable but we have to careful as there are those who are hastily made and for heaven's sake there are also those accused as outright scams.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: