Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:28:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does no one pay ETH for services?  (Read 433 times)
Crumple Cat (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:48:01 PM

After reading the comments in different topics I see that there really are no other ways of earning ETH, except for mining, buying or faucets. But this is strange for me. For example, why do projects raise such large ETH amounts during the ICOs, but pay for services only with their tokens or, in rare cases, bitcoins? (I mean the bounty campaigns). Or why people invest so much ETH, but there are no services on Bitcoin Talk for which they pay ETH? What's the secret? Undecided

The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:03:10 PM

Eth doesnt have too many functions in this forum, and signature campaigns are paying in bitcoin because everybody asks for bitcoins as a form of payment, nobody wants eth because for most people it is a dead coin, or because it doesnt have the same potential as bitcoin has. A lot of people consider bitcoin as a relique, and that is why everybody wants to be payed in bitcoin.
this is the same as if in your job your boss offers you to get payed on usd or in your fiat, what would you choose if your country has too much inflation? it is not difficult to answer..
momopi

Activity: 501
Merit: 127

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:10:56 PM

After reading the comments in different topics I see that there really are no other ways of earning ETH, except for mining, buying or faucets. But this is strange for me. For example, why do projects raise such large ETH amounts during the ICOs, but pay for services only with their tokens or, in rare cases, bitcoins? (I mean the bounty campaigns). Or why people invest so much ETH, but there are no services on Bitcoin Talk for which they pay ETH? What's the secret? Undecided

There's no secret, maybe because the reason is the community already used to two types of payment, "BTC" and "Tokens". But there's no rule where managers, services can't accept ETH. Most managers from services section are accepting btc since it's easy to convert to real cash same with participants. And most are accepting tokens due to value when it hit the exchange platform.

P.S- There are many freelancers here are accepting payment with Eth like in Banner, Signature creation, ANN Thread creation. etc.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 11:26:40 PM

There's no secret, maybe because the reason is the community already used to two types of payment, "BTC" and "Tokens". But there's no rule where managers, services can't accept ETH. Most managers from services section are accepting btc since it's easy to convert to real cash same with participants. And most are accepting tokens due to value when it hit the exchange platform.

P.S- There are many freelancers here are accepting payment with Eth like in Banner, Signature creation, ANN Thread creation. etc.

There were few Ethereum campaign too. It's easy for a token issuer to pay with their own token set aside for the bounty rather than spending their collected Eth. And bitcoin payment attracts more attention in the forum.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Yamifoud

Activity: 2730
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:55:28 PM

There were few Ethereum campaign too. It's easy for a token issuer to pay with their own token set aside for the bounty rather than spending their collected Eth. And bitcoin payment attracts more attention in the forum.
That's right, because it's project have their own token which is convertible into ETH. They are not directly using ETH because they are promoting their own tokens at all. Therefore they are using their own token to rewards those participants.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
David_5M

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

Making Blockchain Safer for Everyday Use

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 03:28:45 AM

That's right, because it's project have their own token which is convertible into ETH. They are not directly using ETH because they are promoting their own tokens at all. Therefore they are using their own token to rewards those participants.

Agree ... paying in tokens especially a ERC20 token is like paying in Eth as you can convert in to Eth on etherdelta or an exchange.

kawsmic

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:11:22 AM

I still wonder why people dont use eth for trading? I think this is very easy we can use api to make automatic shop
Crumple Cat (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:46:47 PM

Agree ... paying in tokens especially a ERC20 token is like paying in Eth as you can convert in to Eth on etherdelta or an exchange.

Only in this case, if the project token in the end has a value that can be exchanged for ETH. But as we know this is not always the case and the project tokens are worthless. In general, I think this is not entirely fair. For example, projects team members earn only projects tokens? Or earn ETH which are raised through the ICO too?

MV7

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:53:49 PM

People want bitcoins because it's more of an appreciating asset. If the whole market cap for cryptocurrencies goes up, it's most likely due to an increase in bitcoin prices, and not any other coin. Basically, I think people believe more that bitcoin will see continuous increase in prices, while ETH has hovered at 300 for a long time now

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:58:01 PM

because ETH is not a currency to be used for "payment" for services. it is a token which should on be used on the platform for making smart contracts. or so does the developer says.

but it will come down to demand. people want bitcoin not altcoins. you can go buy altcoins if you want but in the end everyone is a BitcoinHodler at hear even if they don't show it Wink

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: