Bitcoin Forum
December 11, 2016, 01:57:37 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Removed my e-mail approx 6 hours before hack; now I can't login to MtGox  (Read 468 times)
into phantoms

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 04:47:39 AM

OK, here's my story. About six hours before the hack on MtGox, I removed my e-mail from my account because of the increasing rumors that something suspicious was happening at MtGox. I regretted giving them my e-mail in the first place, because it was supposedly needed only for password retrieval. Shortly thereafter I transferrred 5 BTC elsewhere.

Anyway, at 5:44 PM EST I received the legitimate e-mail (not the one asking me to DL anything) from MtGox claiming the site was hacked.

So, two questions: 1) how did MtGox e-mail me when I removed my e-mail about six hours before the attack?
And 2) when I now attempt to login, the site says no e-mail exists. I had only 0.67 BTC, but I'd still like to access my account, which must still be there -- somewhere. What can I do?

(I sure wish I could post this outside of the newbies section  Undecided)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.