Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:25:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Added Two more cards, now rig is unstable  (Read 472 times)
gt_addict (OP)

Activity: 2478
Merit: 621

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 03:33:52 PM

So im running Claymore 9.8 (same problem with 9.7) on a Win 10 system. Previously i had two asus gtx 1060 6gb dual series, which ran fine on mem +750 and driver version 372.70. Just received two more of the same type of card and now the rig keeps BSOD with "video_internal_scheduler_error" even though ive turned the mem clock down to +700. When it restarts and claymore opens it wont run unless i manually set the mem clock to +500 first then up it. Once it is running its only running for a day and the same thing happens.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ultegra134

Activity: 1540
Merit: 744

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:07:03 PM

Have you tested installing them one by one and see when it fails? Did you try testing the two newer cards separately?
They are both the same, right? Same manufacturer and so on.
Also, check if you have crossfire/SLI enabled, if it is, disable it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
gt_addict (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:23:27 PM

Have you tested installing them one by one and see when it fails? Did you try testing the two newer cards separately?

All four are the same. Well apart from the original ones are the "OC" version and the new two are regular version. All micron memory, same manufacturer and same model (apart from the OC).

Is the SLI/Crossfire an option in the UEFI that i need to disable (cant remember seeing any option when i changed to gen2 pcie) or am i able to disable it in windows?

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Ultegra134

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:12:20 PM

All four are the same. Well apart from the original ones are the "OC" version and the new two are regular version. All micron memory, same manufacturer and same model (apart from the OC).

Is the SLI/Crossfire an option in the UEFI that i need to disable (cant remember seeing any option when i changed to gen2 pcie) or am i able to disable it in windows?
I disabled mine from the AMD Driver software, at general settings, I guess it will be in your Nvidia GPU's software too.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
LoneRangir

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:48:50 AM

Do you have a big enough PSU?  Should be north of 850 watt.  Maybe 750 watt, if you're lucky.  Depends on model.
Ultegra134

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:50:10 AM

Do you have a big enough PSU?  Should be north of 850 watt.  Maybe 750 watt, if you're lucky.  Depends on model.
That could be too, the minimum I would recommend for a PSU would be 850-1000 Watt, it's better to be safe than sorry, also make sure yours is efficient (80 Gold Plus for example) and not some unbranded one.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
MingMining

Activity: 202
Merit: 10

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:45:53 AM

So im running Claymore 9.8 (same problem with 9.7) on a Win 10 system. Previously i had two asus gtx 1060 6gb dual series, which ran fine on mem +750 and driver version 372.70. Just received two more of the same type of card and now the rig keeps BSOD with "video_internal_scheduler_error" even though ive turned the mem clock down to +700. When it restarts and claymore opens it wont run unless i manually set the mem clock to +500 first then up it. Once it is running its only running for a day and the same thing happens.

Even they are the same model, one of them may not be able to handle the overclock. YOu need to set overclock to each of them and find out how high they survive.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
gt_addict (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:37:19 AM

Got a 750w plat server psu and its only drawing 270w from the wall so power is not a problem. Ive tried setting each card serperately and still get the same problem. Set the two older cards to the settings they had before and the two new cards to a lower clock and it still kept crashing. So far its been stable overnight at +510 mem clock.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: