Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:48:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Big bitcoin rig/cabinet manufacturers (50-150 TH range)  (Read 1373 times)
mjor23 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 08:54:27 AM

Halo guys,

I have found the advice in this forum very useful in every problem I encountered with my Antminers.

Now I'm looking to buy a bigger rig or cabinet, something along the lines of 50-150 Th of mining power.
I was wondering if you are aware of any credible manufacturers that do make such machines, either custom made or specific product lines.

I really appreciate your insinght!   Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 4917

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2017, 08:59:28 AM

Halo guys,

I have found the advice in this forum very useful in every problem I encountered with my Antminers.

Now I'm looking to buy a bigger rig or cabinet, something along the lines of 50-150 Th of mining power.
I was wondering if you are aware of any credible manufacturers that do make such machines, either custom made or specific product lines.

I really appreciate your insinght!   Cheesy

http://bitfury.com/products#container-datacenter
15 Ph/s,  they use this chip: http://bitfury.com/products#16nm-asic 0.1 J/Gh

If 15 Ph/s is to much, i guess you're stuck with bitmain's S9

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BitcoinPSU

Activity: 67

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 02:30:43 PM

Halo guys,

I really appreciate your insinght!   Cheesy
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1920005.0
roadies

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 02:51:52 AM

Halo guys,

I am really curious how much those cost. I know it would take a sizeable round of investors to afford one. Out of my reach, but still curious.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 04:05:42 AM

Halo guys,

I am really curious how much those cost. I know it would take a sizeable round of investors to afford one. Out of my reach, but still curious.

We all would like to know...but if you gotta ask how much??? You ain't got nuff money!!!!!!!!!!  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
darkshad

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 06:26:11 AM

I asked bitfury and this was their response.

BlockBox IC -
The BlockBox IC (15PH unit) is sold out.  The last batch BlockBox IC sold for appx $2.5m USD per 15PH container consuming 2MW.

BlockBox AC -
BlockBox AC is available as a 7.5PH unit consuming 1.1MW at a price of $1.2M
* BitFury's most advanced 16nm ASIC chip
* Housed at our location in Canada at 3 cents / kwh
* BitFury's full service + energy costs per mth = total @ $35K/mth
* Delivery in 60 days after signing
* Limited Order Run 

mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 06:55:32 AM

I asked bitfury and this was their response.

BlockBox IC -
The BlockBox IC (15PH unit) is sold out.  The last batch BlockBox IC sold for appx $2.5m USD per 15PH container consuming 2MW.

BlockBox AC -
BlockBox AC is available as a 7.5PH unit consuming 1.1MW at a price of $1.2M
* BitFury's most advanced 16nm ASIC chip
* Housed at our location in Canada at 3 cents / kwh
* BitFury's full service + energy costs per mth = total @ $35K/mth
* Delivery in 60 days after signing
* Limited Order Run  

Their 16nm ASIC runs at 100Gh while consuming 0.1J/Gh/s = 100 Gh * 0.1J/Gh/s = 10Watt. (it runs faster with immersion cooling, but only AC blockboxes seem to be available).
1 Watt = 10Gh/s
http://bitfury.com/products#16nm-asic

1.1Mw = 1 100 000 Watt
With their chips, that should be 11.000.000 Gh/s = 11Ph/s. Let's assume there is a little overhead, and some underclocking... This container should run at ~10Ph/s if i'm not mistaking. To bad they say it's only 7.5 Ph

https://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/bitcoin-mining-calculator/?h=7500000.00&p=2600.00&pc=0.00&pf=0.00&d=708659466230.33200000&r=12.50000000&er=2596.16000000&hc=0.00

The monthly income of one of those puppies should be ~$207k minus $35k (power + maintenance) = $172k/month.

$1.2M/$172k =~ 7

The ROI of this setup at current diff, block reward and price should be less than 7 months...

If it wasn't so damn expensive  Undecided

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
darkshad

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 07:08:19 AM

Yah.  I asked if they would lease one for 1 year (mining equipment gets outdated so fast) and what the cost would be but no response back.  Smiley  
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 07:39:07 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2017, 08:00:27 AM by mocacinno

Yah.  I asked if they would lease one for 1 year (mining equipment gets outdated so fast) and what the cost would be but no response back.  Smiley  

Well, a chip that uses 0.1J/Gh, running with power @3cents/Kwu might keep on running for a long time before it turns completely unprofitable. Offcourse, bitmain might be "pre-testing" out their new product in a while, pushing the diff up and the profit down

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
darkshad

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 03:27:00 PM

Yah.

My thought was that if  you had a 1 year lease, you could get a loan (or group of miners together) to pay for the first month, and then use the profits from the first month of mining to hopefully pay back the loan (or at least a substantial part) and future months of leasing/hosting.

Not sure how much the monthly lease would be, but it would be more reasonable to come up with (although would still be a chunk of change) than 1.2 million.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 07:06:28 PM

Yah.

My thought was that if  you had a 1 year lease, you could get a loan (or group of miners together) to pay for the first month, and then use the profits from the first month of mining to hopefully pay back the loan (or at least a substantial part) and future months of leasing/hosting.

Not sure how much the monthly lease would be, but it would be more reasonable to come up with (although would still be a chunk of change) than 1.2 million.

LULZ, so you want them to take ALL the risk and you to take MOST of the profit eh?  Do yourself a favour and don't hold your breath while you wait for their reply LMFAO.
darkshad

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 12:32:20 AM

LULZ, so you want them to take ALL the risk and you to take MOST of the profit eh?  Do yourself a favour and don't hold your breath while you wait for their reply LMFAO.

Hah.  I don't expect a reply, (actually they gave me a KNC form to fill out) and the worst they could say is no.  If you don't ask, you don't know.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 01:00:34 AM

The Spondoolies SP50 was going to be a 50TH (appx) machine in a 11U (I think?) rack mount, but Spondoolies either never sold any or sold a VERY few to a large mine before they went out of business.

Nothing else came close that's even remotely current.

As far as I know there isn't anyone making rack-mount mining gear at this time, Bitmain seems to given up on the idea after the S4, Bitfury doesn't seem to be selling "miners" any more other than their "container" gear, and none of the other miner makers I am aware of have ever made a rack-mount unit at all.

Given lack of production availability at ALL of the very few foundries that can make current-gen mining chips, I don't see ANY possibility of ANY mining chip maker even THINKING about leasing their gear. They can't get enough chips to SELL as many as they can make, why mess around with leasing BS?

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Niggle

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 04:52:38 AM

Anyone want to group buy a bitfury container? 😂

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: