Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:38:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If you have a lot of bitcoin, should you spend it or save it?  (Read 33310 times)
agentx44

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:26:23 PM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!
If i have a lot of bitcoins i would use to make a business because so i could double or triple my money then i will save all the money that  i earned in my business. Then if i save a lot of money i will spend it and buy all the things that i ever wanted like a house and my own sports car.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:30:51 PM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!
If i have a lot of bitcoins i would use to make a business because so i could double or triple my money then i will save all the money that  i earned in my business. Then if i save a lot of money i will spend it and buy all the things that i ever wanted like a house and my own sports car.

Why wouldn't you save your Bitcoin instead of opening a business? Bitcoin value doubles each year... I doubt your business would be able to make that amount. You would probably make more just holding.
  What kind of business would you open anyway? I think there is tons of potential for Bitcoin businesses as it is so new.
mariahh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:50:31 PM

hhmm.Here's a nice dilemma.I think it depends on how many money.For example if I had enough money to buy a house,a car,and to study I would spent it(I think that this is an exaggeration).Otherwise I would save it till make enough money to make a business or all the above things.
Gumpfire

Activity: 378
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 12:29:06 PM

Well if i have a lot of bitcoin i will not spend all of them. I will save them and i will start to make an food business because it is my dream to make my own restaurant. And all of my earning in my business is i would buy my own car and my own house.
28days_ever

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 12:31:19 PM

Bitcoins need to be saved regardless of their number and used only as a last resort if you do not have enough money to buy. Spending all coins for fun is stupid because the price is constantly growing and makes you richer.
joseafonso123az

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 01:06:11 PM

Bitcoin will keep increasing and decreasing it's value till it gets all stable. Now it's a volatile coin, and these gains you see are because of the volatile nature of it. Saying that, I think saving them for some time won't be bad at all, because it will still increase a lot in my opinion
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 01:06:59 PM

If i have a lot of bitcoins i would use to make a business because so i could double or triple my money then i will save all the money that  i earned in my business. Then if i save a lot of money i will spend it and buy all the things that i ever wanted like a house and my own sports car.

Why wouldn't you save your Bitcoin instead of opening a business? Bitcoin value doubles each year... I doubt your business would be able to make that amount. You would probably make more just holding.
  What kind of business would you open anyway? I think there is tons of potential for Bitcoin businesses as it is so new.
No one can be sure the price of bitcoin will continue to double every year as you say, it has certain risks. In addition, at present, the price of bitcoin is very high and if we continue to save it, the profit is not too big in the future. The best is that we should save some Bitcoin then use the rest to build a career, creating a solid foundation for our future, that would be better for us. Career stability is better than a risky investment

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:47:02 PM

Bitcoin will keep increasing and decreasing it's value till it gets all stable. Now it's a volatile coin, and these gains you see are because of the volatile nature of it. Saying that, I think saving them for some time won't be bad at all, because it will still increase a lot in my opinion

Save it or spend it, most of us eventually will be doing both. You're right. What's going on right now is because of btcs nature and saving at this time is the most profitable thing to do. But i don't think you have to save at the expense of depriving yourself. If you need to spend, do so as long as you'll benefit from what you'll do

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Proximity Scan

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:35:18 PM

No one can be sure the price of bitcoin will continue to double every year as you say, it has certain risks. In addition, at present, the price of bitcoin is very high and if we continue to save it, the profit is not too big in the future. The best is that we should save some Bitcoin then use the rest to build a career, creating a solid foundation for our future, that would be better for us. Career stability is better than a risky investment

That's true. Assuming bitcoin price will continuously rise is wrong here. Everboydy should determine a price to leave bitcoin to realize his profits. This profit realization point can be arond $5.000 or $10.000 but there should be an exact number. Holding it forever does not provide us benefit.
SirLancelot

Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:26:41 PM

That's true. Assuming bitcoin price will continuously rise is wrong here. Everboydy should determine a price to leave bitcoin to realize his profits. This profit realization point can be arond $5.000 or $10.000 but there should be an exact number. Holding it forever does not provide us benefit.
I don't think so there is anything wrong in holding Bitcoin forever. Experts know that bitcoins are going to rise further in the coming years. Those who will keep holding to their bitcoins will definitely be on the top of world in the coming decade. You should not doubt the potential of Bitcoins.
Nivir

Activity: 868
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:41:50 PM

If I had lots of bitcoin of course I would spend some to reward myself and most of it will be kept somewhere very safe and hold them for a couple of years and hopefully I could pass some of it to my kids and grand kids.
albert11

Activity: 679
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:50:57 PM

If you have a lots of bitcoins HOLD IT. Since you see the value going up now you know what happened if you hold. And if you spend for what ?
for chilling or other else if that is not important Save it and Hold it your BTC. i know its hard to be patience when it comes to money but if the future there will be a biggest return. Think that always

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
andycarrol

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:10:34 PM

If you still hold until now, congratulations you've got a lot of profit. my suggestion you can sell a part before prices down again, if it's down then you can buy more at a low price Smiley

Bingooop

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:28:36 PM

This question is being asked many times on this forum. You can check the answers and most of them will suggest you to save/hold/reinvest your bitcoins for longer times. Now as you stated that you kept 13 cents and it became 50 cents after 7 months or so. Well that change you may find very little but with bigger investments you get bigger returns. Also, you must invest with right time, such as bitcoin price at lower side, this means you will get more bitcoins in less amount spent. Also, when the price increases the same amount of bitcoin will have more dollar value. Thats very easy calculation but basis of how you invest. Household really hold it.

Well maybe anyone's mind would have to spend them but maybe if the bitcoins value increases after some time ur mind would get so deep hurt so to save it is the best option for future use
Bingooop

Activity: 54

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:45:57 PM

I will do both, spend and save it. I need money so i will sell my bitcoin and use it for my needs, but i won't spend all of them.
Bitcoin price keeps increasing, so it'll be a fool decision to spend all of them. I will keep it and wait until the price is high. Maybe i'll consider to sell it, or just keep it again lol.
And also, maybe i'll sell my btc and wait until the price get lower, and buy more bitcoin with my money and keep it again so i'll gain more profit.

Yes it's correct but probably it must not be so sure about the topic because anyone can do anything without any effort so it's all because of luck
teamcryptonator

Activity: 749
Merit: 503

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 05:31:42 PM

I don't think so there is anything wrong in holding Bitcoin forever. Experts know that bitcoins are going to rise further in the coming years. Those who will keep holding to their bitcoins will definitely be on the top of world in the coming decade. You should not doubt the potential of Bitcoins.
Experts not is God, their predict will be wrong when the emotion of trader on market changes. So don't let some predict of them make you believe 100% the future of Bitcoin, Bitcoin is virtual asset, not like other asset in outside as Gold, Real Estate or FIAT.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
..Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network.
.........GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )..........

.WHITE PAPER.  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
Pisrem29

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 05:38:12 PM

It's personal man, you're the only one who can decide that. If you have great incomes then why not save it for the future. Or split the amount on how much you are able/want to spent or save.
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:19:53 PM

It's personal man, you're the only one who can decide that. If you have great incomes then why not save it for the future. Or split the amount on how much you are able/want to spent or save.

Yes, I agree we shall spend it only for future emergency use. But if we really want to spend it for somehow atleast we shall
Lower down all our important expenses that can't be removed by this we can savemore for other investments.

Lady Coquet

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 11:12:17 AM

I will save my bitcoin of course i will only spend it for emergencies or future purposes. Why would someone spend all of it's bitcoin in worthless things they still need to save there bitcoins because earning bitcoins are not that easy so you need to budget all the things that you buy everyday.
Adbitco

Activity: 1414
Merit: 653

Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 11:20:13 AM

If I have lot of bitcoin in my wallet then I won't hesitate in spending some of them when I am in need of money and most of them I will  save for the future and use of them in trade and investment to grow my bitcoins in long term so even if I spend them sometimes I always have an chance to recover them back by investing them in trading.
I would do the same, I would save some portion of it and invest the other one except I would invest in some good ico as it's been one of most profitable investment for sometime now only you have to choose the right one. So I would like to advise you op that don't invest the whole of money you have, save some of it too.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: