Bitcoin Forum
September 22, 2018, 08:22:56 AM *
News: ♦♦ New info! Bitcoin Core users absolutely must upgrade to previously-announced 0.16.3 [Torrent]. All Bitcoin users should temporarily trust confirmations slightly less. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I would like to make my "Hardware mining" from scratch, someone available?  (Read 1579 times)
GiuBit

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 03:39:12 PM

Hello everyone,

It's been a long time since I've been following the bitcoin world and unfortunately I wanted to invest some years ago when it was still worth it...

My intention would be to make mining economically and thus profitable, while still it is possible before the difficulty of calculating becomes too high and it is no longer profitable, so to do this I DO NOT want to buy classic antminer S9 etc .. like Costing at least € 2000 are not cheap and before recovering the investment lose power due to the difficulty, so in my opinion the best strategy would be to build them at the lowest possible price. Cool

I have discrete electronics skills and I would not have big problems assembling boards with Asic processors and all the various cheap electronic components..and just buying this type controller:

https://it.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-Antminer-S9-Data-circuit-board-S9-control-board-bitcoin-miner-Parts-S9-Dashboard-antminer/32766347028.html?spm=

Now the problem though (apart from Grin Cheesy funding Cheesy Wink Roll Eyes is finding cheap Asic chips ...

On BitFury I found 16 nm chips (so more energy efficiency) and 100 gh / s for chips !!!
And by bringing them down to liquid they can even get 180 gh / s for chips! They are very efficient!

http://bitfury.com/products#16nm-asic

I thought I had found the solution, contact the support i will reply that they sell the chips at $ 6 a one, i'm all excited to get them back for a price on an order of 500 chips but i reply that the minimum order is 500.000 Usd !!! (71,000 minimum chips) Absurd! I'm a private..
I will contact them again by saying that I am not a Chinese factory Angry  and that I needed less chips but they did not answer me anymore.

Does anyone have any idea to suggest? Do you know some cheap chip vendors selling retail type and with smaller quantities? Roll Eyes

Assembling and building everything from scratch, even if it is more difficult and not for everyone, would be very profitable and would allow for a good margin immediately and without having to recover a large initial investment, even as the difficulty increases.

Of course if someone wants to join as a partner I'm grinning well

We accept suggestions .. Huh Cool
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1095

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 03:47:06 PM

A) read the sticky at the top here.... Bitcoin mining 101
B) as you have already found out, only Bitfury has even mentioned selling mining chips - assuming you have VERY deep pockets to meet their minimum order req. No one else sells chips. Period.

For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself - Joshua Zipkin aka Joshua Alexander leaked AMT A1 miner skype chats
How a miner mfgr SHOULD operate: HaggsFIN trip to Canaan My info useful? Donations welcome! 1Fuzzyk398kDWVjuC5qPX5v6CjSkvbgAbd
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
xcajun21

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 09:29:47 PM

If you search around, there are other alternatives from cryptonomos giga watt ico, in any case... the stock might be low for these and usually takes about 2 to 3 months for shipping.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
tubexc

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:07:04 PM

Well
Do some experiments with 3D printers.
And when you can get a bitcoin miner, let me know  Grin
GiuBit

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:07:33 PM

Well
Do some experiments with 3D printers.
And when you can get a bitcoin miner, let me know  Grin

I do not think the 3d printer could be useful on this project, except if I could print an Asic chip hahah  😁😁😂
GiuBit

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:19:37 PM

If you search around, there are other alternatives from cryptonomos giga watt ico, in any case... the stock might be low for these and usually takes about 2 to 3 months for shipping.

THANKS,  I did not know this, it looks interesting and I should go further. But I'm always interested in looking for low-cost components and chips for the bitcon sha-256 algorithm. And besides, I do not trust a lot of cloudmining or similar services because I'm already scammed  and I lost $ 500, so I prefer local hardware..
GiuBit

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:25:48 PM

B) as you have already found out, only Bitfury has even mentioned selling mining chips - assuming you have VERY deep pockets to meet their minimum order req. No one else sells chips. Period.

Yes, thanks I've read it, it's useful and to keep in mind though some things were already known. As for bitfury, it's really very expensive for a private one. Is it possible that there are no Asic chips from other vendors? It sounds strange .. If we think of bitmain for example where he supplies himself? Does he make the chips on his own? boh
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1095

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:13:35 PM

Yes, thanks I've read it, it's useful and to keep in mind though some things were already known. As for bitfury, it's really very expensive for a private one. Is it possible that there are no Asic chips from other vendors? It sounds strange .. If we think of bitmain for example where he supplies himself? Does he make the chips on his own? boh
The ASICs used by Bitmain, Canaan.io, Bitfury, BW, and eBang are their own designs. The chips are then made specifically for them by one of the very few semiconductor Foundies (TSMC, Samsung, GloFo) on this planet that can make chips at the 16/14nm nodes. Yes, of course Intel and IBM also make low-node chips but their production is strictly for their own non-mining use. Mining ASICs are custom in all respects and by no means a generic device.

Bitfury is the only one you will find that will talk about selling bare chips and that is only because they do not make individual miners - only very large peta-hash class 'data tank' systems. So far as I know only Hotmine.io have actually gotten and used the Bitfury chips but seems they have only very limited quantities available to them. Sidehack/GekkoScience is the only other company to have gotten ANY of the Bitfury chips to play with and has promises from them of access to more for production needs.

For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself - Joshua Zipkin aka Joshua Alexander leaked AMT A1 miner skype chats
How a miner mfgr SHOULD operate: HaggsFIN trip to Canaan My info useful? Donations welcome! 1Fuzzyk398kDWVjuC5qPX5v6CjSkvbgAbd
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:32:27 PM

Please keep in mind...Bitcoin mining has gone to the Commercial Phase...the phasing out of home miners is what these corps want,so THEY make ALL the Bitcoin & control where Bitcoin goes.

So,do not expect ANY ASIC manufacturer to be reasonable & sell you what YOU want....especially chips.THAT is their bread & butter & only way,other than mining to recoup their investment.

Sidehack looks to be the only guy to get any chips for you home miners from Bitfury  Wink

Chat him up & see what he tells ya  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
GiuBit

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:32:34 AM

The ASICs used by Bitmain, Canaan.io, Bitfury, BW, and eBang are their own designs. The chips are then made specifically for them by one of the very few semiconductor Foundies (TSMC, Samsung, GloFo) on this planet that can make chips at the 16/14nm nodes. Yes, of course Intel and IBM also make low-node chips but their production is strictly for their own non-mining use. Mining ASICs are custom in all respects and by no means a generic device.

Bitfury is the only one you will find that will talk about selling bare chips and that is only because they do not make individual miners - only very large peta-hash class 'data tank' systems. So far as I know only Hotmine.io have actually gotten and used the Bitfury chips but seems they have only very limited quantities available to them. Sidehack/GekkoScience is the only other company to have gotten ANY of the Bitfury chips to play with and has promises from them of access to more for production needs.

Very clear thank you, now many things are better understood..
So in summary we can say that the production and customization of global Asic chips 14/16 nm is in the hands of a few companies ... and bitfury is one of the biggest distributors but it only makes big "data centers" .. Mmm this thing makes me a little bit discouraged.

But you also said that there are 'users'  you mentioned that they might have small amounts to procure .. This may be interesting ..

GiuBit

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 03:01:02 AM

Please keep in mind...Bitcoin mining has gone to the Commercial Phase...the phasing out of home miners is what these corps want,so THEY make ALL the Bitcoin & control where Bitcoin goes.

So,do not expect ANY ASIC manufacturer to be reasonable & sell you what YOU want....especially chips.THAT is their bread & butter & only way,other than mining to recoup their investment.

Sidehack looks to be the only guy to get any chips for you home miners from Bitfury  Wink

Chat him up & see what he tells ya  Cheesy

Good to know ☺️ although this is pretty sad..
So bitcoin is going through one 'New era' .. The fact that commercial companies want to take away the "power" of private miners is not 'dangerous' for the entire bitcon ecosystem?
So maybe they risk centralizing it too and some may check it out the trend .. But maybe not so easy it comes seems ..and companies have no interest in selling the chips to me as private because looking at their investment only. Well, I'll keep this in mind too..

So Uncettable, you're telling me that there is this guy sidehack who could "sell" bitfury chips as private even in smaller quantities and without a minimum order?"  Grin ..

well! These are in the kind of information I was looking for and are very useful

I will contact this user as soon as I have free time, I hope he will not charge me too much and I hope they can help me to do something concretely .. Thank you very much for the good info .. Roll Eyes
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 03:18:27 AM

Sidehack looks to be the only guy to get any chips for you home miners from Bitfury  Wink

Chat him up & see what he tells ya  Cheesy

Good to know ☺️ although this is pretty sad..
So bitcoin is going through one 'New era' .. The fact that commercial companies want to take away the "power" of private miners is not 'dangerous' for the entire bitcon ecosystem?
So maybe they risk centralizing it too and some may check it out the trend .. But maybe not so easy it comes seems ..and companies have no interest in selling the chips to me as private because looking at their investment only. Well, I'll keep this in mind too..

So Uncettable, you're telling me that there is this guy sidehack who could sell bitfury chips as private even in smaller quantities and without a minimum order? Grin ..

Very well! These are in the kind of information I was looking for and are very useful

I will contact this user as soon as I have free time, I hope he will not charge me too much and I hope they can help me to do something concretely .. Thank you very much for the good info .. Roll Eyes

Yes,centralization is bad...but nothing you nor anyone can do about it...it is done & will be complete in about another year or two...unless Bitcoin hits $5000 & then $10,000 per coin as the diff rises.then home miners can ekk out a tiny profit still.

Sidehack will NOT sell chips,he got in when Bitfury was feeling guilty about this centralization that is coming.He is going to try & make miners for the home guys,but only a limited amount of em.

He might help you with chatting Bitfury up but unless you part with LOTS of cash,Bitfury will only laugh at you  Sad  Bitcoin is business,not something for the world

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
GiuBit

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:51:18 PM

Yes,centralization is bad...but nothing you nor anyone can do about it...it is done & will be complete in about another year or two...unless Bitcoin hits $5000 & then $10,000 per coin as the diff rises.then home miners can ekk out a tiny profit still.

Sidehack will NOT sell chips,he got in when Bitfury was feeling guilty about this centralization that is coming.He is going to try & make miners for the home guys,but only a limited amount of em.

He might help you with chatting Bitfury up but unless you part with LOTS of cash,Bitfury will only laugh at you  Sad  Bitcoin is business,not something for the world

Clearly, then the opportunities are not so many, I see ..
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 04:58:18 PM

He might help you with chatting Bitfury up but unless you part with LOTS of cash,Bitfury will only laugh at you  Sad  Bitcoin is business,not something for the world

Clearly, then the opportunities are not so many, I see ..

Not anymore,your VERY late to the game............  Sad

BTW,I'm pretty sure Bitfury is regretting making a deal with Sidehack.....it's been awhile since he got sample chips & I'm not too sure he'll even get the chips promised to him......

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.