Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:49:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BAIKAL asic mine 2000MH/s  (Read 9680 times)
TomPlatz

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:50:39 PM

Well, with such a profitable miner that is capable of switching algos and making a large amount of money per day, they have no reason to sell it overseas with added electrical cost when they can sell the miner to those in China. It's sad but true, they might even be mining with it themselves.
This is what I said about the giveaway price of the big iBelink, why sell it if in two weeks or less it has paid for the cost price of the components, they dont need to sell it at that price and could have easily asked 2x or 3x and still would be attractive, or more believable.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KougarLOB

Activity: 136
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 12:55:24 AM

There's not enough information in the cropped, low resolution image or 7-second video to come to any conclusions.
Giants can be chained together like the Minis.  A single controller can drive several units.  Only benefit is you save 5 watts per Orange Pi.

1ER7JwEjpjQfm4qaTxy6EaNdNy8MqzP1pt  Smiley
cybernetik7

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 01:47:50 AM

I bought the 300 mh/s and have had good success with it. Wondering if I should turn it off every so often though, and give it a "rest" tho ??

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
newmz

Activity: 372

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 02:31:07 AM

I bought the 300 mh/s and have had good success with it. Wondering if I should turn it off every so often though, and give it a "rest" tho ??

No. Electronics are made to run. As long as you keep them within the preferred tolerances (usually remperature) they are fine running all the time. In fact - I believe that people who have devices that they shut down after using them or power cycle them multiple times a day have more potential for problems. I leave all my PCs running all the time. Laptops "sleep" when you close the lid obviously but all my GPU mining rigs and ASICs run 24/7 if I can help it.

Crypto currency enthusiast and miner since 2015. Mined approx 200 ETH during 2016 and 2017 and sold it at approximately $US40 each. Then I watched it reach $1000+ each. If anyone bothers to read this stuff pay attention to this: HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL

I started mining with 1 AMD 7950 and 1 R9-280X. Then I gradually built my AMD operation into 12 R9-290s. Awesome ETH hash but ridiculous power consumption and heat. Over the last year I defected to the Nvidia team. I now use GTX 1070s. They were expensive to buy (probably a bargain now) but awesome hash rate vs. power consumption. blah blah blah blah
cybernetik7

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 05:19:51 AM

No. Electronics are made to run. As long as you keep them within the preferred tolerances (usually remperature) they are fine running all the time. In fact - I believe that people who have devices that they shut down after using them or power cycle them multiple times a day have more potential for problems. I leave all my PCs running all the time. Laptops "sleep" when you close the lid obviously but all my GPU mining rigs and ASICs run 24/7 if I can help it.

Thanks for the advice newmz  Grin  I let him humm.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
Vaccinus

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 08:25:14 AM

no you would lose money, keep it open all the time, just one thign is to check the temp, but the baikal have an auto protection where if it goes above 72° it stop automatically, so you don't have to worry about anything

wolf_miner
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 11:48:42 AM

I love Baikal miner, but is impossible tu buy them, they are always "Out of stock" .

W_M
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 01:37:47 PM

I love Baikal miner, but is impossible tu buy them, they are always "Out of stock" .

W_M

I suspect they sold this (if it exists) 2000 mh miner to someone BIG immediately after getting the specs on the ibelink 10g miner.

and probably working on something equiv...in other words they skipped and punted and are playing catch up

but yeah..getting these miners is like fishing for goldfish in the ocean

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Vaccinus

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 02:07:35 PM

W_M

isn't this a good thing? the diff won't increase anymore if they are out of stock, unless of course they are mining with the baikal that they produce, and then say they are out of stock lol, some company do this, if there is still good profit to be made

leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:37:13 PM

W_M

isn't this a good thing? the diff won't increase anymore if they are out of stock, unless of course they are mining with the baikal that they produce, and then say they are out of stock lol, some company do this, if there is still good profit to be made
They definitely are mining themselves or selling locally with the huge margins of profit these miners are making, even the first gen 150MH miner. Why sell internationally when you can (1) mine yourself and make insane profit, or (2) sell locally without the hassle of customs and shipping?
ekrififi

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 08:48:32 PM

Just to clarify... There MAY be a new 2000 mh/s (2GH/s) baikal asic for x11, which looks like baikal's A900. Baikal hasn't announced it, nor do they have it for sale on their website. That could either be because it doesn't actually exist, or because they have/will only sold/sell it to large Chinese outfits. Either way, it would still be 1/5 as powerful as the Ibelink...

Is that about the size of it?
igotek

Activity: 2030
Merit: 608

Online Security & Investment Corporation

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 09:21:03 PM

No any official announcement. Just sit and wait for an official announcement. I m sure they will put it on the web site if they produce any new miner.

I think it is too hard to produce the chips in the miners.

I cannot live, I cannot die, trapped in myself.
Hold my breath as I wish for death. Oh please god, help me !
daserpent

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 06:59:23 PM

How much can we make with this 2000mhs miner?
maleemk

Activity: 304

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 09:46:24 PM

W_M

I suspect they sold this (if it exists) 2000 mh miner to someone BIG immediately after getting the specs on the ibelink 10g miner.

and probably working on something equiv...in other words they skipped and punted and are playing catch up

but yeah..getting these miners is like fishing for goldfish in the ocean

Your statement is the best scenario I can think of right now. BAIKAL is in the best position to come out with better miner as compare with ibelink. If ibelink can come out with 20x better miner then there previous generation miner than BAIKAL just have to produce 10x or 5x better miner and I think they can easily do it by upgrading from 28 nm process to 22nm or even 14nm.

░░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░
░░░░░░░░▀██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀█▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀
░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░

isoneguy

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:28:00 AM

No any official announcement. Just sit and wait for an official announcement. I m sure they will put it on the web site if they produce any new miner.

I think it is too hard to produce the chips in the miners.

music to my ears, but i've had similar thoughts...the closer you get to 0nm the harder it is to even look at the chips without them dissolving.
wolf_miner
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:47:32 AM

Hi, do they sell miner in the chinese market only?
jekecoin

Activity: 427

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 04:49:41 PM

Hi, do they sell miner in the chinese market only?

normally is world wide...

Hard obsoleto                    VPS: Digitalocean                     Cloudmining: Cex.io · EOBOT                    Gambling: Primedice
thesavoyard

Merit: 253

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 06:32:54 PM

This is the problem with ASICs, they allow monopolies. All ASIC mined coins are more centralized. We need to boycott them IMO. Force teh Devs to add ASIC resistance or die off. I like everything about Dash but can't support a coin where Chinese data farms control 45% of the supply and 4500 masternodes control the rest. Way too centralized to become a mass adopted crypto.

benjy33
Legendary

Activity: 1339
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:01:33 PM

where to buy ?
maleemk

Activity: 304

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 04:28:08 AM

Just having a conversation with Baikalminers over skype.
I can confirm the following.

Appearance is like Giant A900
hashrate: 2000Mh/s
power consumption: 430W
Price 7000usd

░░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░
░░░░░░░░▀██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀█▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░▄█