Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:05:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Baikal Mini Cube  (Read 3630 times)
Gunna01

Activity: 306
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 04:29:55 AM

What are you guys mining with your cube? Smiley

Yeah....,and what is the say best 3 pools that payout in whatever?

I"m just mining to P2Pool. Got a Rasberry PI on order so I can run my own P2Pool as there isnt one in my country.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptotore

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 11:38:13 AM

I"m just mining to P2Pool. Got a Rasberry PI on order so I can run my own P2Pool as there isnt one in my country.

And I guess you are mining Dash?
mpenagar

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 12:01:57 PM

Hi guys / gals

I need some assistance.

I've just got my very 1st Baikal Mini Cube.

Powered it up ...all seemed good.
Set the pools to mine to my account.
Boom Miner is down.
I've tried the obvious turn it off and on ....no good
I've tried pressing the reset button "Miner 111 connection refused"
When it 1st powers on I see a red/blue/orange light
At the moment the red light is on      / the blue light is flashing / orange light is off.

On my miner screen all there is, is this -----> Miner loading  -  Pi 7m 41s  -  Temp 51°C  -  Load 1.64

I'm having the same issue you were having. I tried your fix. No change so far though.
are you using a 3G/4G router?

I don't understand what you mean. It's connected to a D-Link DIR-860L router.
My cube works when i'm using home broadband connection but when i'm using a mobile LTE router is doesn't (blue light flashing) I changed to DNS to 8.8.8.8 and it works after that.

I am using an LTE modem and the cube does not boot either (blue light flashing). What dou you mean by "changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8"?
mpenagar

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 03:27:06 PM

I changed a non working cube from the 3G modem to a broadband router, and now it is working... can anybody explain it? I need to connect it through the 3G modem...
newmz

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 06:15:31 PM

I am mining MUE  at https://pool.weminemue.com becaue Whattomine tells me it's $12.88/day DASH being $10.53. Also since it's quark and not X11 (but it will change to X11 in the future sometime it uses less power.

I have 1 Cube (300mh/s) and one mini (150mh/s)

According to th stats on the pool the cube is using sgminer/5.5.2-b but the mini is using sgminer/4.9.4.

Is there any way  I can upgrade my mini to sgminer/5.5.2-b?  It would be nice if I could just go into the console of the mini and just do wget or somekind of upgrape script. I'm a bit scared of flashing firmware on the mini because I have read of so many people having trouble getting the USB drivers in Windows to see the mini properly. It's rather difficult to understand any of he suport pages on the Baikal site because they seem to be in Chinglish
If anyone can point me at an easy way to update the mini I would appreciate it immensely.
I guess since the mini works I shouldn't mess with it.

Crypto currency enthusiast and miner since 2015. Mined approx 200 ETH during 2016 and 2017 and sold it at approximately $US40 each. Then I watched it reach $1000+ each. If anyone bothers to read this stuff pay attention to this: HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL

I started mining with 1 AMD 7950 and 1 R9-280X. Then I gradually built my AMD operation into 12 R9-290s. Awesome ETH hash but ridiculous power consumption and heat. Over the last year I defected to the Nvidia team. I now use GTX 1070s. They were expensive to buy (probably a bargain now) but awesome hash rate vs. power consumption. blah blah blah blah
Gunna01

Activity: 306
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 11:36:27 PM

And I guess you are mining Dash?

Yup, mining dash, i looked at multipools etc but for x11 they were mining dash anyway but had fees. Bought a PI, set up P2Pool and now fees and earnings are all mine.
bigassboy

Activity: 373
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 12:24:23 AM

I changed a non working cube from the 3G modem to a broadband router, and now it is working... can anybody explain it? I need to connect it through the 3G modem...
Sorry for the late reply, I just noticed your post. You have to configure your default router DNS to 8.8.8.8, that's what I did to get it working. You can start by entering 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 depending on the router you're using.. Hope it works for you!

Oleg326756

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 06:24:12 PM

Same here. I tried mining with multiple algos on NiceHash, then multiple algos/coins on MiningPoolHub, then mining Dash on Suprnova, and now I'm only mining Dash on P2Pool. Seems like the best bang for my hash, especially considering the recent price development of Dash.
logocreator
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

www.cryptodesign.cc

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2017, 08:03:54 PM

To set up static IP on your cube do the following.

SSH into the miner with user/pass: baikal/baikal

The command below opens a text editor for the file you want to modify:
sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces

Add some lines like what I have in the code box below (modified accordingly for your network).  I added these below the line that starts with "source-directory" and above the lines that all start with the # symbol.
Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.0.100
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.0.1
dns-nameservers 8.8.4.4 8.8.8.8

Hit ctrl+x to exit the editor

It will ask you if you want to save, hit y to save

It will ask you for the file name but it will default to the one you are already editing so just hit the enter key to confirm the default

At this point you can run "sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces" again to confirm the file now contains your changes if you want, but if you did everything correctly you don't need to.  Restart the miner with the power switch and it will come up on the new static IP.

BTW, it seems likely that with the appropriate changes made in that file you could also enable and configure the wifi and use the miner wirelessly.

I tried to make cube to have static IP, but it seems that it's not stable after that, simple says connection refused. Other Baikals like mini, or Giant do not have that problem, all of them have static IP's, but cube seems that do not like static ip. On DHCP , cube is running with no problems at all. Any suggestion to fix this erro "connection refused with static IP" on CUBE?

couture

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 09:40:42 PM

Is anyone else mining on nicehash?

I have two cubes mining there and they seem to be pulling in about $120/week right now...
logocreator
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

www.cryptodesign.cc

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2017, 02:19:24 PM

I have two cubes mining there and they seem to be pulling in about $120/week right now...

Thats seems great in compare with Dash calculator result:

Which is better with another calculator:

However they are making good profit

couture

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 04:19:10 PM

Thats seems great in compare with Dash calculator result:

Which is better with another calculator:

However they are making good profit

hmm not sure what is up with cryptocompare in your screen shot there but that seems like a crazy low estimate on their part

The lowest payment Ive had from Nicehash over the last three weeks is $110.. they have only been running for three weeks haha

Smiley i shall count my blessings while they last

(hoping the ibelink hype was just that..hype)
derbx

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 01:40:53 PM

Having the same issue. I'll try your approach

Ok so it turns out my PI was not booting up....no idea why.

Here's what I did that resolved the issue.
I powered off
Connected the miner to my pc via usb
Moved the jumper from L to H and powered on
The lights went like Christmas lights but the pc did not detect the miner.

I then powered off and reset the jumper ....powered on ...working?

I dont know what or why but it worked so I just wanted to post an update in case it helps anyone else

i have a spare baikal pi if you want for $50 in btc
derbx

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 02:01:20 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2017, 02:32:06 PM by derbx

Having the same issue. I'll try your approach

Edit1: It didn't work. I'm now reflashing the disk img. and setting dhcp with 8.8.8.8. as dns. Lets see how it goes.
Edit2: Reflashing the orange pi image https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1GBwN5-i39VRzNQS28tWlpsTVk  works, but whenever I modify the mining pools (or erase them) the issue comes back.  Left IP to DHCP
Edit3:Reflashed the card again, rebooted again.
Edit 4 SOLVED:
After reflashing the card, I found out that the issue came from the settings in the Pool settings.  Password has to be left to X. I am testing now with the https://www2.coinmine.pl/dash/  pool and its working.

Ok so it turns out my PI was not booting up....no idea why.

Here's what I did that resolved the issue.
I powered off
Connected the miner to my pc via usb
Moved the jumper from L to H and powered on
The lights went like Christmas lights but the pc did not detect the miner.

I then powered off and reset the jumper ....powered on ...working?

I dont know what or why but it worked so I just wanted to post an update in case it helps anyone else

i have a spare baikal pi if you want for $50 in btc
poolrunner

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:21:36 AM

Hi guys / gals

I need some assistance.

Boom Miner is down.
At the moment the red light is on      / the blue light is flashing / orange light is off.

On my miner screen all there is, is this -----> Miner loading  -  Pi 7m 41s  -  Temp 51°C  -  Load 1.64

I had the same failure on receipt of a used a2000. It was the Cumcast network cable i connected. I swapped out to a CenturyLink network cable and the A2k booted right up and started mining!
Some else had posted the cable problem too. So that is where I started and ENDED! Thank you so much for pointing out the trivialty!
derbx

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:21:34 PM

Hi! did you manage to activate the wireless mode?

BTW, it seems likely that with the appropriate changes made in that file you could also enable and configure the wifi and use the miner wirelessly.

nokonokono

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:26:41 PM

Hi guys / gals

I need some assistance.

Boom Miner is down.
At the moment the red light is on      / the blue light is flashing / orange light is off.

On my miner screen all there is, is this -----> Miner loading  -  Pi 7m 41s  -  Temp 51°C  -  Load 1.64

I am baikal X10, but it has become the same situation.
When turning on the power and turning it on a bit, the red lamp lights up, the blue light blinks, the green lights go out, and it becomes Minerdown.
Even if softreset is done, it will be "Miner: 111 connection refused".

How did everyone get out of this situation?
CryptocoreX

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:21:44 PM

Hi guys / gals

I need some assistance.

Boom Miner is down.

I am baikal X10, but it has become the same situation.
When turning on the power and turning it on a bit, the red lamp lights up, the blue light blinks, the green lights go out, and it becomes Minerdown.
Even if softreset is done, it will be "Miner: 111 connection refused".

How did everyone get out of this situation?

Having exactly the same issue with my new Baikal X10 miners. No solution either so far. Could anyone give helpful advice here?

Thanks!
acerminer

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:38:22 AM

Hey, I am having this same Miner: 111 Connection Refused issue on my Giant x10... has anyone had any luck? When I find the solution I will follow up here.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: