Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:37:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?
Yes - 168 (66.7%)
No - 72 (28.6%)
I don't care - 12 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 252

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?  (Read 17929 times)
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 2144

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:11:07 PM

I think most people who are not familiar with Bitcoin won't appreciate it as a gift. Gifts should be impressive, and Bitcoin will be very confusing as a gift. First, you will be gifting some amount that look small if you don't know the price - a whole Bitcoin, or half a Bitcoin for example. When you are gifting some asset, you expect that it will yield profit to it's owner, but if Bitcoins price will fall later, it might cause disappointment for its owner. It might even cause disappointment if the price will rise, but owner has sold it before, so assets and investments aren't always good gifts.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:30:52 PM

Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27
When gifting you must always think of the other person first, so don’t gift bitcoins just because you like them, if the couple likes it and they have an interest in bitcoin, then you can gift some bitcoin to them, many will not know what that strange gift is but the couple will be grateful for it, just don’t give to them out of your personal stash or you may regret giving those coins.
I personally think that this will be a nice idea. Firstly, if they don’t know about Bitcoin, they will get to know about its amazing features. Secondly, that gift as a Bitcoin, they can keep those coins safe as an investment. And hopefully those btc will give them a handsome amount of profit by the years which will help them to live a comfortable life.
I hope you guys are giving something else on top of the Bitcoin that you'd be giving them; while it might be a neat gift and an interesting ay to introduce them to the technology, it's not exactly something a majority of couples would expect as a gift and they might not be able to make full use of it. having more practical or traditional gifts on top of the Bitcoin would probably be a better option for most scenarios, but what do I know. I've never tried to give Bitcoin as a wedding gift before.
pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 09:18:52 PM

I think most people who are not familiar with Bitcoin won't appreciate it as a gift. Gifts should be impressive, and Bitcoin will be very confusing as a gift. First, you will be gifting some amount that look small if you don't know the price - a whole Bitcoin, or half a Bitcoin for example. When you are gifting some asset, you expect that it will yield profit to it's owner, but if Bitcoins price will fall later, it might cause disappointment for its owner. It might even cause disappointment if the price will rise, but owner has sold it before, so assets and investments aren't always good gifts.
Do you really give impressive gifts every time? I've seen people give home appliances as wedding gifts and the majority decides to give money. Is money an impressive gift? Maybe, but if it's so then a Bitcoin gift should be impressive as well. It's money too, only in digital form.
swiftbits

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 01:03:10 AM

Interesting! Well for me, it's a yes
It will be a great wedding gift that can help them financially and can help them understand what bitcoin is
It's a good investment and it would be a big help for the future, we didn't know what will be the value of bitcoin in the near future.

▀▀█▄
     ▀▀██▄▄██████▄████▄
      ▄▄███████████▀█▄
  ▄█████████████████▄█▄ ▄
 ▀  ▀██████████████▀▀█████
   ▄██████▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▀█▀
 ▄███████▄▄█▀               █
█▀▀ ▀██████▀                █
    ██████▄█▌              ██
   █████████             ▄██▌
    █▀ ▀█████ █▄ ▐▄  ▄█████▀
         ▀███████ ██▄▄███▀
           ▀▀█████████▀
.CoinDragon.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
..No.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
             ▄▄██████▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄████████████
 ▄███████████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
     ██  ▄▄   ██  ▄▄   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ▀▀  ██   ▀▀  ██   ▀▀
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
Competitions
& Tournaments
for All
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 01:24:13 AM

hahaha those couple would have been so dear to me
 for them  to received bitcoin as wedding gift from me  Grin Grin Grin
Hahaha! well, if they have btc wallet then why not give them some of your bitcoin as a present, for sure they can be so happy with your gift, but if you don't have that huge amount of btc, why not give them some of it like 0.02 I think is enough Smiley
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 01:47:32 AM

If I knew the groom very well and knew he would appreciate bitcoins as a gift then yes I would. The problem is most people just wouldn't understand what they can do with them so would see it like a weird gift card that fluctuates a lot in value.
Ekanenf

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:09:25 AM

Interesting! Well for me, it's a yes
It will be a great wedding gift that can help them financially and can help them understand what bitcoin is
It's a good investment and it would be a big help for the future, we didn't know what will be the value of bitcoin in the near future.

Since my girlfriend also know about bitcoin and how to do bitcoin, then I guess bitcoin would be a great present in our wedding, I would secretly send a message to her that she should open her wallet before our wedding, I bet she would be surprise and glad at the same time. In fact, it is also true that bitcoin might be more valuable than it is right now, I mean its price would be more high than we ever expected.

Bitcoin as a gift is just being practical with your partner, relationship is not all about love, sometimes you need to be practical too in your life with her, because making your own family is not that easy if you are not financially stable.
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:12:55 AM

If I knew the groom very well and knew he would appreciate bitcoins as a gift then yes I would. The problem is most people just wouldn't understand what they can do with them so would see it like a weird gift card that fluctuates a lot in value.

You should also tell them to keep it safely for the long term. Otherwise, they would just spend it at the first available opportunity. This is not very different from the way they would treat a gift card.
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 10:50:32 AM

This is a good idea to give as wedding gifts in bitcoin them because after marriage they will realize to invest and to their savings for their future. Because of the bitcoin is a great value and URbaik.dan it will also be an additional income to fullfill the needs of day-day they will live happily Wink
This is just a non-sense to gift a bitcoin on occasion of wedding. It has no worth as a wedding gift. Give something on wedding which looks appropriate. Moreover the biggest reason is that you should give such a valuable thing to someone who knows it's value. Giving it to someone on wedding who doesn't know it’s worth will be meaningless because bitcoin will be of use for him , he will think of bitoin as a scam  and you also would have to give away your valued bitcoin . Rather you should need to save it for the future when might have to fulfil your expenditures.
altgamerf4

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 10:54:14 AM

Bitcoin is a good tool as a gift for any holiday. I think the recipients would be very pleased with the quality of such a valuable gift especially if its price grows even more after a while.
Sosaso75

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:10:26 AM

Had the same idea a couple of weeks ago...there is a wedding in my near friends circle and i decided to present them with a 1 bitcoin !!!!

I am NOT superstitious,but I am a little stitious !
zeta1

Activity: 171

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 12:43:34 PM

we can give bitcoin is wedding gift,it is like an asset.in future bitcoin price will very high,and it is used for their future purposes.
nejibens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 01:54:39 PM

why not? it is a special and good idea to introduce bitcoin to more people and advertise it. In fact still many people dont know a lot about Bitcoin or even not hearing anything about it, so when we give it as wedding gift, the couple will learn about it and tell their friends most likely.
Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 01:56:24 PM

Had the same idea a couple of weeks ago...there is a wedding in my near friends circle and i decided to present them with a 1 bitcoin !!!!
Wow!Your friend must be so lucky to have you.That would really be a big help for them especially that they are building a new family.They can already put a business out from it,or even a build a simple,new home.
Gastotade

Activity: 545

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:04:52 PM

Wow!Your friend must be so lucky to have you.That would really be a big help for them especially that they are building a new family.They can already put a business out from it,or even a build a simple,new home.

That would be a good start for them, if ever I would really appreciate to have it as a gift in any occasion and vice versa since it can be a saving for everyone and it could be a good start for any one who wanted to enter cryptocurrency world, it is betyed to have capital to be more successful.

SIGMA.
by HYDRA X
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.No commissions.
.or hidden fees.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:16:25 PM

Yes it is true his friend is so lucky to have him.  One bitcoin is so rare to find just by earning or mining.  If someone will asked what will they give me on my wedding, I will chose bitcoin as a present but it is really high a price here.  Wish that we could all earn good amount of bitxoins and many more user to come.
Sosaso75

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:39:08 PM

I never bought btc or mined them,never ever would now how to. Made them all by soccer bets in the last 18 months...the only problem with a 1 btc gift for the wedding is,when the price drops significantly...would look a little bit stupid,i guess. What do you think?

I am NOT superstitious,but I am a little stitious !
SuicidalTendencies

Activity: 142

Crowdsale: Saturday, Aug 12, 2017

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:45:12 PM

Yes, As long as the opposite person is ready to accept bitcoin as wedding gift and provided he has bitcoin account. But how much bitcoin i would give him as wedding gift depends on how much i want to spend. Wink

BTC_1

Activity: 148

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:47:51 PM

No way, it is the most precious currency in this generation and why would i give it as wedding gift. If i hold them at least it would increase my profit. I will plan something else as wedding gift but not bitcoin.

BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:49:00 PM

This will certainly be a very unique gift. Everyone will know what we are doing.
But for people who do not know bitcoin then this will look like a strange thing. Things to look forward to.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: