Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:07:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?
Yes - 168 (66.7%)
No - 72 (28.6%)
I don't care - 12 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 252

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?  (Read 17928 times)
zidanw

Activity: 1162
Merit: 258

1xbit.com

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:08:13 PM

That's a good idea but the person we want to give a gift of bitcoin should knows what bitcoin is, I think it's not a good idea to give a gift bitcoin to what people don't know bitcoin because they will throw it away.

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rascasse

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:09:57 PM

No, I would not, because first I do not like to offer money at wedding, this is not a true gift, and moreover Bitcoin can not be seen, so to eyes of other people you would look like a fool.
laluna24

Activity: 511
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:22:30 PM

For me, it is a unique wedding gift to a couple giving a bitcoin. But you need to verify first if the couple are into use of technology so they can easily get and understand the use of bitcoin. So, this is also a nice idea to give a bitcoin gift to a wedding as the value is volatile.
majeed

Activity: 526
Merit: 253

Damn

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:39:50 PM

It is a good idea but with your gift should come with instruction on how to use bitcoin for those who are not yet introduced to bitcoin. It will go to waste if you give it and they don't know the value of it.
If you also give them introduction, they won't have interested in. Instead, bride and groom are Bitcoiners and they really like Bitcoin. Yes, It will turn into waste if they don't know anything about it, they don't know the value of it.
BTcSD

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

LoveMe

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:00:38 PM

No it is not an option for me i would buy services or goods (digital- real) to be as a wedding gift . bitcoin right now is hard to give .

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
death69

Activity: 1202
Merit: 545

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:06:28 PM

that is a great idea but I do not think that many people know about bitcoin and they will never know how to use bitcoin if we give them bitcoin. Cheesy Maybe in the future, there will a chance for us to use bitcoin as a gift Cheesy we can give them the private key in order to access an address which contains bitcoin
bitcampaign

Activity: 1722
Merit: 268

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:08:11 PM

I think very interesting bitcoin as a wedding gift but whether the bride knows about bitcoin I still hesitate to give my bitcoin as a wedding gift..maybe there are many other gifts besides bitcoin for as a wedding gift like paper money I give as a gift for honeymoon They will be easier

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Aneggeers

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:08:54 PM

Speaking logically, it would make a fine wedding gift perhaps even better than the regular ones, considering bitcoins is worth money and hence giving it directly is a nice way of giving money, something new weds probably in the need for more than other gifts.
grermezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:09:06 PM

Now this looks little weird, but when days pass people starts gifting bitcoin when the popularity increases, one of my friend already has got bitcoin as a gift during the days of Christmas. But with that both were aware of the digital currency and it's value, but the same makes people think what's this gift with the unknown person. So same as we providing giftcard in future people use bitcoin for gifting purpose.
I will not even consider that at all, with it's value rising on a daily basis, and going towards the $5000 mark, I will rather give physical cash rather than Bitcoins, I will rather buy the bitcoins and save it for myself and see the profits soar.They can buy their own bitcoins with the money  gave them as a gift. Its high time we stop using bitcoins for things that fiat can do.

PepperaOnIt

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:11:54 PM

Not only as a wedding gift but also a christmas gift or a valentines gift or maybe an anniversary gift or monthsary because its better to give bitcoin as a gift
Luis34

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:06:36 PM

Yes because the value of bitcoins will increase and with this is possible to do very things you can to give $1000 in bitcoins and with time this can to be $4000.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:08:23 PM

That's like giving some a plant that will produce money in a a few years, like a money tree. Cheesy But it can be done sure, why not, you just need a good way to present it, not to look like a douche when everyone else is bringing bigger stuff and you with an envelope.  

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
libert19

Activity: 2450
Merit: 930

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 05:23:28 PM

Hell yeah, I read story of a guy who gave his uncle's son Bitcoins after one year those Bitcoins were worth a lot.

I do not remember properly so sorry for that.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
xplorer79

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:37:33 PM

Offering bitcoin as a wedding gift is a great idea I did not think about. Especially if we could have some "BTC gift card" (like a iTunes gift card) with a link to instructions about "what is it / how to use".
Wedding is some kind of bet onto the future, and what is better than offering another bet onto the future than a BTC gift card ? In my opinion it is way better than a coffee machine, or even cash, as it could grow and gain value over time. If the 2 people finally divorce, then they could share something that is worth more than when they received it (this is my very positive opinion Cheesy)...
I must admit, I'm not really into marrying, and I think bitcoin will continue to gain value Grin
onetwostep

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:44:23 PM

Its great idea! Everybody wants money. Better than grill, wine box, speakers etc. Cheesy

Bestwishes745

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:26:38 PM

It is a good idea but with your gift should come with instruction on how to use bitcoin for those who are not yet introduced to bitcoin. It will go to waste if you give it and they don't know the value of it.
yes it very good advice, but I think you should give bitcoin to those who is expert in it because if you give bitcoin to someone with the little advise then it would still problem for that because you can’t handle bitcoin if you have less knowledge, if you are expert then bitcoin is your way to success, but I told you again you should give bitcoin as a gift of wadding only to expertise.
googlebtc

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:20:50 PM

No sorry for that but my bitcoin is precious to me.  I will give a good amount of money or maybe getting them a trip for honeymoon.  And when they asked where I got my money there I would say about the bitcoin.  Maybe I could encourage them to try it.  If I would give bitcoin as a gift and they do not know anything about bitcoin, perhaps they will not much appreciate it.

Agree with you bitcoin is very valuable and it is impossible to divide it for wedding gifts, I will also give a gift of paper money for his honeymoon for easy use
jb77889

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:50:03 PM

I would definitely give bitcoin as a wedding gift because it is good as cash and a very practical gift, especially for anyone starting with their new lives together, bitcoin will be put into good use as they may either save it for the future, the rainy days, or use it to buy things they need.
molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:00:33 PM

Ofcourse yes why not give those guys who willing to learn mroe about bitcoin and asking for your bitcoin to learn everything how if one day that guy could help you too with your piece of bitcoin i wouldn't mind giving because sharing is caring if you love giving to other it will turn back to you with bigger one. It can be called a early gift for the whole year.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:24:59 PM

No, I would not, because first I do not like to offer money at wedding, this is not a true gift, and moreover Bitcoin can not be seen, so to eyes of other people you would look like a fool.

I think you're looking at it the wrong way. I myself don't have 1 bitcoin, but would you give it as a wedding gift if you did, this is more of a theory question. Why do you think so? Maybe your gift, that you would give them, is not as good as you thought since they can already have that or have no room to use it,etc... I've seen a lot of people at weddings giving them envelopes with money so that they can use it for what they actually need it for, so that's why I believe that bitcoin would actually be a pretty nice gift.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: