Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:16:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?
Yes - 168 (66.7%)
No - 72 (28.6%)
I don't care - 12 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 252

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?  (Read 17929 times)
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:05:47 PM

Bitcoin is the perfect wedding gift. I imagine most of them amount to nothing years down the road, but Bitcoin appreciates value, and most likely they will forget about it. Sometimes down the road, however, it will be worth a fortune and they will be eternally grateful to you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jombrangs

Activity: 630
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:09:06 PM

having bitcoin as a gift is likee giving money in an envelop what more exciting in giving or recieveng bitcoin as a gift is it appreciate value and rising tooo high.. once you gvie 1 btc for 3500 USD and the partners got it an open it a month after lol they would get 5000 bucks i think.. giving bitcoin as a gift in a wedding is giving a key to their future house Smiley
Zimbabwecoin

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 06:53:18 PM

I would stick to the gifts on the wedding registry. Alot of people don't appreciate gifts that don't conform to the specific tradition of the country.

Planning to launch Zimbabwecoin in the future. Focused on building a community around it now.
FasTroy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:47:48 PM

Bitcoin is too valuable, so i consider it like a very good gift for a wedding, than any other things like gold for example. So i voted for YES, Now bitcoin is worth around 3687$, and i think when i will married, It will be more than 10k$, which it will be a very great and valuable gifts for my wife.

deejhay

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

for future

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 01:24:07 AM

Personally, i wont because for me, gift must have meaning to those people that you want them to have, to remind them of special occasion and why they deserve it. If its in the form of currency, it will lose its purpose as a gift and will be treated like their income that just come and go so if you want for them is to have a gift, think of something that would have value to whom you might give it to.

Natsuu

Activity: 1106
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 01:49:22 AM

I would stick to the gifts on the wedding registry. Alot of people don't appreciate gifts that don't conform to the specific tradition of the country.

Gift registry is a big help to all of the friends and guests of the groom and bride. In here, the couple will choose what they want to receive in their wedding and the guests will just choose in the list and they'll buy. So if bitcoin is in the list, I'm grateful to give it to them, maybe some satoshis will do. But if there's none I just choose in the list and buy it for them.

bitcoinorcash

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 01:52:11 AM

Well,it really depends on a person that I will give it too.If he knows how to use bitcoin,then why not.Instead of keeping it only for myself then it would be better if I give to someone who will actually need it.Everyone knows that wedding is next to family and bitcoins are good help when it comes to funds for their future.
princesocapuyo

Activity: 238

Presale is live!

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 02:11:05 AM

Well,it really depends on a person that I will give it too.If he knows how to use bitcoin,then why not.Instead of keeping it only for myself then it would be better if I give to someone who will actually need it.Everyone knows that wedding is next to family and bitcoins are good help when it comes to funds for their future.

I will be giving bitcoin as a wedding gift to an upcoming one this year. I think it is perfect. It'll be worth more each year. How can you go wrong with that?

endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 03:14:11 AM

Presently none of my family knows about Bitcoins and how to use them in nature. Even relatives don't know about Bitcoin so it is waste for offering them. I am a member of Bitcointalk and knows about Bitcoin also the future, so gifting to unknown people is useless.

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 03:21:06 AM

I think it's interesting and certainly I have not heard anything like that ,,, but really I want to create something new that is giving some of my bitcoin to a friend who in a few months will get married, but until now I have not get bitcoin ,, and maybe if the next few months I get bitcoin, I will give some of my bitcoin to my friend as a wedding gift.

ruskytailz02

Activity: 289
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 03:52:31 AM

this is weird one but Ill give this a try ahhahahahahha  Grin

if the btc is super high valued in future why not take it as a gift but make sure you know how to store and keep it or change it immediately to cash wahahhahahaha
Wyne

Activity: 531
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 03:52:49 AM

Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27
The idea of giving bitcoin as a wedding gift is a good idea.  But before giving it to the newly wed, you must educate them first about the bitcoin to be able for them to appreciate and properly use it.  If I already have many bitcoin, I will try to give it as a gift to my friend on his or her wedding.  
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 04:17:47 AM

I dont care and what if both of them has no idea about bitcoin thats none sense but if they know why not
You are right if both have no idea about bitcoin then it makes no sense that bitcoin will be the wedding gift, but I think that if it asked about the wedding gift it means that this topic is for that couple who have the complete knowledge and information about bitcoin and one of them must hold bitcoin in his or her bitcoin wallet. Otherwise I also agree that this is non-sense to give a virtual gift in wedding.
Astarnia

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 07:10:25 PM

Not everyone know about bitcoin. probably will be a night in which I should explain what is bitcoin, instead dancing at the party.
Minionnn

Activity: 204

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:16:37 AM

I do not give bitcoin a wedding gift, but from bitcoin I can make a lot of money to choose the meaningful gift on the wedding day.

PizzaBTC

Activity: 555
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:48:11 AM

No, Wedding Gift should be something memorable and I dont think it is good to give it as a wedding gift as it is only a money after all, which no one will not even remember after it is spend away. Wedding Gift should be something special and useful for our lover.
It would be better if we say that the number of people who are aware of bitcoins in advanced countries is different from those who come under other two categories (developing and third world countries). So if someone lives in Germany, he can give bitcoins in gift to the new couple and they will admire it. However, the idea itself is an outstanding one.
moamin77

Activity: 310
Merit: 102

JACS.tech

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:57:33 AM

What a coincidence! Today is the wedding of my niece
As she knows about BTC because we talked many times about it, let me try that with her SmileySmiley

avilsd

Activity: 111
Merit: 21

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:59:50 AM

Maybe to a tech-savvy couple, but most would fail to understand how valuable that gift really is. Some would sell it immediately, some wouldn't understand it or would take it in the wrong way. That you gave a lazy gift. So only to those who either are fans of it, or if you attached a note/letter to the paper wallet.
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:07:26 AM

Little by little the growth happening with bitcoin and entire digital currency is much big. This will surely create a strong user base around every country. So, surely in future bitcoin will be used for gifting. People gift gold just because of the increased value as well the value won't decline. Same like that bitcoin serves.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:39:24 AM

If they understand and use bitcoin, i may consider giving them bitcoin as a gift, but if not, i will gift them something else. It feels wrong to give something so volatile as a gift to people who don't know about it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: