Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:06:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?
Yes - 168 (66.7%)
No - 72 (28.6%)
I don't care - 12 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 252

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift?  (Read 17928 times)
Bitcoinislife09

Activity: 1028
Merit: 144

Diamond Hands 💎HODL

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:12:31 AM

If that couple knows bitcoin and uses it then why not? I would rather give bitcoins to them because I know how great is it to be a help in a newly wed couple. They can also use it wherever they want. They will decide, besides they both use bitcoins so that is not a problem for them. I know if I am able to send gifts like bitcoin, bitcoin is already popular in the world.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
balakang00

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

Platform for Investing in Cryptocurrency and ICOs

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:34:51 AM

Practically speaking, bitcoin is a good wedding gift for it equates to money and it is as valuable as money. There is nothing wrong with giving bitcoin as a gift but maybe for formality, bitcoins do not belong to that kind of event.

jerlen17

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:47:54 AM

Not really the bitcoin, I will use bitcoin to buy a special gift, i think i will buy a car or house and lot that's if i have a plenty of bitcoin to give it as my wedding gift because i wanted him/her to be happy not only the love that you can give.
crypto4lambo

Activity: 210

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:40:54 AM

It is a good idea, but I think it is not for all. It may be highly appreciated if you give it to thech enthusiiast or to someone who trade. It is considerable like a gift card. Just make sure it will be used in a right way for it to be appreciated more.

Taylorw

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 03:49:55 AM

So interesting question. I'm pretty sure that I would be very glad to accept it as a wedding gift, that's why I think that it's perfect present for such event

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
     ▄█▀ ▄▄█████████████▄▄ ▀█▄

█▀ ▄███████▀   ▀███████▄ ▀█
   █ ▄████████▀     ▀████████▄ █
  █ ▄████████▀       ▀████████▄ █

█ ▄████████▀    █    ▀████████▄ █
▄▀▄█████        ▄█▄        █████▄▀▄
█ ██████▀▀▀     ███     ▀▀▀██████ █

█ ██████▄▄     ▄███▄     ▄▄██████ █
█ ███████▀     ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀███████ █
▀▄▀█████▀                 ▀█████▀▄▀

█ ▀███▀      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▀███▀ █
  █ ▀██      █████████      ██▀ █
   █ ▀██▄  ▄███████████▄  ▄██▀ █

█▄ ▀███████████████████▀ ▄█
     ▀█▄ ▀▀█████████████▀▀ ▄█▀

▀▀█▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AppCoins

[.
WHITEPAPER
][.
CROWDSALE
]
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:02:53 AM

It is a good idea, but I think it is not for all. It may be highly appreciated if you give it to thech enthusiiast or to someone who trade. It is considerable like a gift card. Just make sure it will be used in a right way for it to be appreciated more.

I don't think so that it needs something that fits.. This is just my personal opinion because newly wed couples nowadays are majority are into internet already and using bitcoin and researching about it is just a tip of a finger and they can truly appreciate if they see the of it..
cryptokitty

Activity: 420

Global Blockchain Solution For Transportation

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:27:48 AM

I've been dreaming to get married with a very loving guy. Thinking of receiving bitcoin as a wedding gift is definitely another extra bonus.

But for me, you can have it as a wedding gift if the couple are get involved with bitcoin. If not, it is not a good idea as a wedding gift.
maydna

Activity: 2898
Merit: 556

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:42:12 AM

if its only for 0.001 btc then maybe i will give my bitcoin as a wedding gift Grin  because with the price now is at $36xx, i don't think that i can give a whole of 1 bitcoin as a gift. its too expensive for me to just giving a gift for 1 bitcoin. i'd better to buy something like stuff or product to give to that couple as a gift than to give 1 bitcoin.
beezunus

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 04:26:22 AM

probably not because not everyone knows about bitcoin and they may get confused and prefer to get cash
cjinny

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 04:33:55 AM

I am willing to give a wedding gift of bitcoin to my friend who is married nature. Unfortunately, in my country no one has implemented a bitcoin barcode scan for a wedding gift. If that happens in my area it will look really cool.
minthit

Activity: 325
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 04:35:20 AM

I will just give a golden ring at most. Cheesy
Vinaa77

Activity: 1344
Merit: 310

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 04:37:03 AM

maybe later i will make my wedding dowry using bitcoin. because in fact in my country there are already tried and when giving donations with bitcoin

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
namhung

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 06:00:59 AM

I will give bitcoin as a wedding gift, if the recipient they know about bitcoin and play bitcoin.
It's really a good question
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:05:40 PM

I am willing to give a wedding gift of bitcoin to my friend who is married nature. Unfortunately, in my country no one has implemented a bitcoin barcode scan for a wedding gift. If that happens in my area it will look really cool.

I think there is really no need for any barcode whatsoever, you just make a notice on a piece of letter with the username and password of a bitcoin wallet and finally with a P.S. that they will need to create a new bitcoin wallet and send it here so that it will be more secure with their own password.
bboyjohn

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:50:25 PM

Thats great idea but bitcoin is too expensive to give a gift Cheesy
I don't wanna give 0.001 bitcoin for gift. Wish i give 1 bitcoin but it doesn't look possible Smiley

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:53:28 PM

Thats great idea but bitcoin is too expensive to give a gift Cheesy
I don't wanna give 0.001 bitcoin for gift. Wish i give 1 bitcoin but it doesn't look possible Smiley
just give the amount of bitcoin equivalent to your local currency in which you expect to give to them. it's not too small if the value is high, but frankly, giving 0.001 will just be eaten up by the transaction fee lol.
an alternative is that you can give them an altcoins which popular enough such as eth or such but still bitcoin is number 1 in priority
salihno71

Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:03:33 PM

Yes sure why not. Unless you're giving the gift to the tech savvy couple be prepared to answer all the questions like "what is this?" and "how do i convert this to real money?" Paper wallet or hardware wallet would be the way to go.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:07:36 PM

I think there is really no need for any barcode whatsoever, you just make a notice on a piece of letter with the username and password of a bitcoin wallet and finally with a P.S. that they will need to create a new bitcoin wallet and send it here so that it will be more secure with their own password.
it is a brilliant idea. we just need to give us a username and password wallet. The wallet was previously filled with some bitcoin as we wish. and do not forget to give way how to withdraw bitcoin to local currency. honestly this is a way that can make bitcoin more known. other than that this is very easy and they will say that what we do is a cool action. I really think to do it and in early October my friend will celebrate the wedding, it is worth a try and applied.  Cheesy
monkeydominicorobin

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:57:58 PM

Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27

I think that Bitcoin is a great wedding gift idea. Since nobody is that good a gift giver. Than a person who shares your interests and aspirations in life. If you and the couple are into Bitcoins.  Why not. 

DimaS1574

Activity: 448
Merit: 140

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 02:02:22 PM

If just married know something about  bitcoin and do bitcoin business. why not  to give bitcoin  gift. as for me i will accept such gift with great pleasure.  on last birthday i received  eth  gift and was very happy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: