Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:39:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin End World Poverty?  (Read 62992 times)
geniabelty

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:39:18 PM

It would never happen. Nothing can end world poverty, not in this generation. Bitcoin is just a currency in which only those people who has access on the internet and has a money to invest on it. Poverty is one of the problems that can't be solve, it's like a curse to us. Even though how rich a country is there're are still other people who are deprived of food, shelter and money. The idea of Bitcoin could help those middle and lower class people to somehow pull their lives up in a way that Bitcoin could provide them another source of income.

You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
3la9l_kolbaCa

Activity: 896
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 03:13:42 PM

well there is a chance that bitcoin can end the poverty of the world but that will happen if all of the people will stack many bitcoins in their wallets and wait for the right time to sell it, and for sure it will make them rich, and that is the end of poverty Smiley
tittensor

Activity: 443

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 03:33:58 PM

No, how the hell did you get the idea that bitcoin could end world poverty? WTF!
I just want to add more something, Bitcoin can help individually, but not to give a solution in one country's problem like poverty. Poverty is already given in each nation in the entire world. Where it is one of responsibility to resolve by the government. If the government only will adapt the system and usages advantage of bitcoin, it can be a tools or way solutions depending on how the government will use it.
- Exactly, bitcoin can only help individual, it can not help a whole country or solve a world problem, especially the problem of poverty, this is a problem that has been talked about for many years and the whole world together to solve but until now, poverty has been unable to stop. The world can not do, bitcoin also can not, Bitcoin only helps people who are interested and want to make money online, want to get rid of unemployment, it is an opportunity not a god, it will not end anything
You have a good point. I think that the bitcoin can't end the world poverty but it can lessen the poverty in the society. Bitcoin makes many jobs and bitcoin helps many people who doesn't have a job like me.
Addionally, Bitcoin still helps us decrease the situation cocial evils caused by minors, because in my country, every year have many case about minors go robbing for find money play games or buy drugs. This is reason thanks to Bitcoin, they can earning money online with cryptocurrency very easy.
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:36:39 PM

The potential as of now exists. One day, Poverty might be a relic of days gone by. On such a day, vagrants will never again be destitute. Welfare programs – and the administration organizations who direct them – will never again be essential. The world will be bursting at the seams with business, wherein exchanges should be possible quickly with secrecy with the help of bitcoins.
I don’t think it is a difficult task for bitcoin now because bitcoin has large potential to solve the problems and it is very reliable because bitcoin is all about internet and internet a applicable everywhere now as I have internet and I can make money through bitcoin but for bitcoin we need to have information and knowledge. Now a lot of people are wasting time on social media and facebook etc so if they will spend time in this forum in a constructive way it will be useful for them.
Undoubtedly that bitcoins are great solution to any financial problems but for using bitcoins, one must be literate and have access to internet, before that he should have PC/laptop too. This means you should have all this before jumping into crypto market. Bitcoins all alone can’t end the world poverty.
Bestwishes745

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:29:46 PM

Nope. World poverty isn't going to be end by just a bitcoin. It requires a good government too. When btc isn't existing, there are other countries that has less poverty.
That is right but bitcoin are emerging currency for trading and business. A country’s economy depends on the business that country have. Yes poverty can’t be removed from country by bitcoins only rather it needs good governance and all that but still see the last few years report of some countries, unemployment is reduced, economy gets better and better that ultimately affect positively to the poverty ratio of country.
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:53:19 PM

LOL. Bitcoin can't do that. It has to do with people trying to make themselves rich, and by working their asses off. But in some cases. Everybody could acquire Bitcoin. So if you move, you can.  Wink
mlarry777

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:37:40 AM

To get out of poverty legally you must perform a service or provide a good that is in demand.  Then you will earn money to buy bitcoins, that is unless your employer pays you in bitcoins.
AK47-

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 01:42:21 AM

The potential as of now exists. One day, Poverty might be a relic of days gone by. On such a day, vagrants will never again be destitute. Welfare programs – and the administration organizations who direct them – will never again be essential. The world will be bursting at the seams with business, wherein exchanges should be possible quickly with secrecy with the help of bitcoins.
I don’t think it is a difficult task for bitcoin now because bitcoin has large potential to solve the problems and it is very reliable because bitcoin is all about internet and internet a applicable everywhere now as I have internet and I can make money through bitcoin but for bitcoin we need to have information and knowledge. Now a lot of people are wasting time on social media and facebook etc so if they will spend time in this forum in a constructive way it will be useful for them.
Undoubtedly that bitcoins are great solution to any financial problems but for using bitcoins, one must be literate and have access to internet, before that he should have PC/laptop too. This means you should have all this before jumping into crypto market. Bitcoins all alone can’t end the world poverty.
Added to that not all unemployed people are from tech or related sector. Many are from medical, cooking, arts etc backgrounds. These people would hardly understand Bitcoin and make any profit of it. Bitcoin can be good for investment for almost anyone. But earning a livelihood of it isn't for all.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2926
Merit: 597

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 01:57:58 AM

To get out of poverty legally you must perform a service or provide a good that is in demand.  Then you will earn money to buy bitcoins, that is unless your employer pays you in bitcoins.

And you don't have to stay with a single way of earning and by simply providing goods that is in demand, you have to make sure that you have enough capital. The result will be depending not only with the demand but also on how much you can come out on your pocket, you need to be sure of that you must focus with it too. This is an individual survival and bitcoin can alone end poverty for each individuals who are striving to do their best.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
GrayFullbuster

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 02:04:54 AM

I assume poor people would not even know anything like bitcoin exists around them, as it is a technical thing and poverty doesn't let us go near technology. A poor person can never have access to internet, and bitcoin cannot run without internet, though if it gets physical in coming time which is near impossible, then maybe it can do wonders for poor people and poverty of the world, but the chances are very less for something like that to happen.
Yeah all of poor people doesn't have enough knowledge about bitcoin. The bitcoin can't help poor people because poor people doesn't have a money to buy technology like cellphones and computers. I think bitcoin can't end the world poverty.

mdripon

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:35:41 AM

bitcoin  just money. it can solve any problem but how much End World Poverty wait for see.

Activity Contest  \_____◢  ICO Forums  ◣____/  Promotion Contest
New Forum for Cryptocurrency Discussion
ICO Review Contest  / ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ◥  ANN Thread  ◤ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ \  Signature Campaign
suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:57:02 AM

I don't think so. How that could happen. Obviously bitcoin help some people to become rich but on the whole I don't think bitcoin or anything else have that capacity to End world poverty completely.

LeoEspansq

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:07:48 PM

Bitcoin can not complete world poverty. Its price today is too high and for the poor it will be very difficult to earn or even buy. It's an investment, not a wand of poverty.
perfect999

Activity: 1582
Merit: 299

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:54:20 PM

Bitcoin cant end world poverty but it surely can reduce the poverty level in the world today. Looking at the way bitcoin is rising all that one needs to do is just to buy little bitcoins and keep and be optimistic that the price will rise in the future.
Kinetic

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 01:09:31 PM

Well, what BTC and other cryptos do is open the door to end world hunger. By taking the power away from the centralized institutions and putting it back in the peoples hands, true innovation can start to sprout. When you have a government entity or corporate banking entity hanging a dark cloud over your finances, innovation shrinks up. That is another reason you have seen a massive explosion of ICO's and innovative ideas, just simply because this technology will revolutionize the way we use and interact with "money", as well as goods and services. Smiley
sheldonnnn

Activity: 420
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 02:50:27 PM

Bitcoin can not complete world poverty. Its price today is too high and for the poor it will be very difficult to earn or even buy. It's an investment, not a wand of poverty.

I also think that bitcoin can not solve the problem of poverty. It  can help rich people become even richer through investment. But  poor people still will not have access to bitcoin.
Tezcalitpoka

Activity: 109

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 02:58:13 PM

According to the World Bank, 70% of the world’s population does not have access to basic financial services. In the United States, one of the world’s wealthiest countries, about 50% of the population does not have access to basic financial services, including bank accounts. There is a huge amount of people around the world that do not get to experience, and be a part of, the global economy, because they don’t have access to the financial system for a variety of reasons. I do think the blockchain technology will lift a lot of people out of poverty, but will also be an inclusive technology that allows more people to engage in global commerce.

Pretty soon, smart phones may be had for less than five dollars each – this is basically right around the corner. Nearly every person living in poverty on earth will have access to a smart phone and be connected to a network. That is game changing in and of itself. When you have digital wallets on these phones, and the ability to trade assets, we are going to answer the question “What happens when everybody has money?” Capitalism itself has thrived in some areas by the natural exclusion of others from markets. It actually uses that scarcity principle as its driving basis. So, what happens when money is not scarce?

We do not have to have people living in squalor and fighting for a handful of rice every day. There is too many resources in the world to live like that anymore.

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/mobiles/worlds-cheapest-smartphone-costs-5-and-doesnt-seem-terrible-at-all-20160218-gmy2f2.html

The Revolution Will Not Be Centralized.
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 03:28:25 PM

No, I think the idea itself is pretty much ridiculous. No offense, but I don't see how bitcoin can put an end to such a major issue as world poverty. It's more of an investment opportunity than a currency. And it will always be too costly to invest in for very large groups of people that are hardcore poor.
Tezcalitpoka

Activity: 109

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 04:44:28 PM

No, I think the idea itself is pretty much ridiculous. No offense, but I don't see how bitcoin can put an end to such a major issue as world poverty. It's more of an investment opportunity than a currency. And it will always be too costly to invest in for very large groups of people that are hardcore poor.

I think you are missing the point. Like Bill gates said, Blockchain technology showed us how cheap it can be, there are millions of middle man in every single industry, those guys adding up the cost of almost everything. With Blockchain technoloy we dont need middle mans anymore, there are smartcontracts, there are coins which transfer the value faster and cheaper than fiat currency etc. That is why Blockchain will reduce the cost of almost everything, no more need of middleman. And there are more things will come, we cant even imagine right now. Industrial age is over my friend

Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:33:42 PM

It is not much ridiculous but definitely bitcoins all alone cannot end poverty. Bitcoins are though providing opportunities to many for earning their livelihoods and this is helping them to improve the economy of their respective countries. But for poverty, governments should work hand in hand with bitcoins. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: