Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 04:12:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Securing your wallet  (Read 3610 times)
BureauChef

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:00:08 PM

What nuances and secrets you know

There are only few ways on securing your wallet the one thing comes to my mind is storing those bitcoins or coins from your hardware wallet then keep your private keys safe which no one would ever know on where those keys are stored.This is the most important thing you should kept since this key is the only thing that would able to access your wallet once lost then say good bye to your coins.

Always try to store your private key in offline places. This might me hand-written paper, or any other offline option. Never use printers to print out your private key as they could save this document inside.
FasTroy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:35:56 PM

What nuances and secrets you know

There are only few ways on securing your wallet the one thing comes to my mind is storing those bitcoins or coins from your hardware wallet then keep your private keys safe which no one would ever know on where those keys are stored.This is the most important thing you should kept since this key is the only thing that would able to access your wallet once lost then say good bye to your coins.

Always try to store your private key in offline places. This might me hand-written paper, or any other offline option. Never use printers to print out your private key as they could save this document inside.
I agree with you, you private keys should be written with your hand in a white paper and save it with your important documents. We should avoid to print it because they could be saved in the documents inside the print which it's risked.
Anyways, I never use an offline wallet. Now i just use a web wallet which it's blockchain which it's too secure and i feel good to save my bitcoin there. It's secured by E mail and phone number, with a hard password to crack.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: