Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:16:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Be safe: READ THIS BEFORE TRADING/BUYING/USING YOUR MONEY  (Read 291735 times)
pidisior

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:55:16 AM

so many spams . wtf.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fgshevchenko

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:25:34 AM

hello, I found in my opinion a cool ICO, what do you think about it. Tell me what you think about it
/paladium.cc
coiner85

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:05:21 PM

i trayd it a lot of time to trade
but i had just success with hodl
teraviboys68

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:09:56 AM

You did a very good job. Congratulations. We have recently encountered such news very often. This is an issue that everyone should be careful. Not only investors because of this issue, the entire market is damaged.

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter
Zoe_27

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:50:39 AM

Valuable information. Thanks for sharing!
wattson

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:08:27 AM

indeed, the market is full of such people, you should always be careful and attentive not to lose your money and reputation! thank you very much for this post!
COINPLUS1

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:02:42 AM

🌈Coin Plus April Recommendation Strategy Interim Check⚜️

▶️EDO, Recommendation Date 03/26, Profitability 29.01%, HOLD, Mid-Long term  ❤️

▶️CMT, Recommendation Date 04/02, Profitability 57.55%, HOLD, Mid-Long term❤️

▶️HSR, Recommendation Date  04/09, Profitability 16.39%, HOLD Mid-Long term❤️

▶️GUP, Recommendation Date 04/10, Profitability 15.11%, Completion Short term💚

▶️WAVE, Recommendation Date 04/18, Profitability 1.00%, HOLD, Mid-Long term❤️

↗️You can check the strategy by pressing the 🔍magnifying glass at the top right and searching for each coin.

♨️You can check your target and split purchase strategy and respond to each situation.✡️

✴️https://t.me/Coinplus_Open✴️
evichi

Activity: 1176
Merit: 7

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 10:29:41 AM

Thanks for the security safety information. Information on security should be taken serious always. It will be a good practice  that any person in the forum who experienced or had a near experience of being scammed/duped should report. That way, we shall all be cautious of being scammed. Being well informed is a vital key to a successful cryptocurrency business. 

▬▬▬▬[ CHAIN JOES || THE FUTURE OF WEB3 GAMING  ]▬▬▬▬▬
CHAINJOES.COM
Kariste

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:58:26 AM

Being informed is a good way to avoid  from being hacked or scammed.Thanks for this useful information. I'll always remember this or maybe saving this link as a reminder for future purposes.
crypto2244

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:17:04 AM

1) Don't just trust the status of a member, anyone can be a hero member. This just means that he invested some time on his membership. He can always decide that a profitable scam will be a good payment for his time. However, a Hero account without negative feedback can be sold for more than 0.5 btcs. Therefore, he probably won't scam you for less than that, because a negative feedback from you would lower its value substantially.
2) Never deal with anyone without doing a search in the forum with his nickname, in order to check if he has scam accusations.
3) Ask for his coin address and always search it on http://blockchain.info, www.cryptocoinexplorer.com or other similar site, to verify if his address has the amounts he wants to sell.
4) Be very suspicious about proposals well under market price or if he accepts your proposal under market price with no negotiation.
5) Look for the reputation/trust of the member, checking also his successful trades, in the form of vouches from the other party on the deal. Be aware that positive trust can be forged by making and using more bitcointalk accounts and the trust system can be more or less avoided by changing its settings.
6) Even if he has some reputation, never send all the money in one transfer: send one first small tranche (ex. 0.05 btc) and wait for his payment. Send a second little higher tranche and wait again, etc. Small increments, because he might decide to pay you the first and second, to scam a bigger tranche. Always suspect if he doesn't accept to trade in small tranches, unless he has an excellent reputation.
7) If he has no reputation (specially if he is a newbie or Jr.), even small tranches are very risky. Better use an escrow system, like the one of www.btcrow.com, or a trusted member, or you might need to send more than 10 very small tranches. Think well before sending more than 0.15 btcs (it's considerable money in some countries) and only after 3 or 4 successful payments of 0.05 and 0.1 btcs.
8] For big amounts use an escrow system, unless the member has an excellent reputation. If he doesn't accept, forget the deal. Always protect your capital.
9) Only trade codes (ex. of virtual gift cards) with members with a very good reputation or using a very trusted escrow member that will have to go to the account and apply the code himself. The buyer will have to give the escrow person his password and change it again after. With an automatic escrow system, the buyer can claim falsely that the code was already redeemed when he received it or that his account was blocked after.
10) Don't sell any cryptocoin to paypal or other reversible system, unless the buyer has good reputation. The buyer can chargeback and, since it's against paypal's TOS to trade currency, paypal usually gives your money back to the buyer.

Here is a list of escrow members: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108716.0

Thanks for sharing this list. This is a big help especially for a beginner like who's trying to navigate the ins and outs of the crypto world. I haven't traded yet, but planning to do it in the future.
joni727397sri

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 11:50:21 AM

Thanks for the information.
kingenri

Activity: 50

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 07:27:28 AM

THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION .JUST FOLLOW THE RULE THREE BEFORE FOLLOWING ANOTHER RULES Grin Grin
chicipuci

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 05:50:31 PM

Never deal with friends or beginners. With friends, you need to be friends, and work and business will separate them from you.
Seram1

Activity: 197

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:43:31 PM

Alright, so I've been PM'd by a few people what red-flags to look out for since I have a pretty good track record of spotting scammers. Sometimes I get it wrong, but better safe than sorry.  Here's a couple rules to follow to avoid becoming a victim:

1. Newbies, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH OTHER NEWBIES, EVER. There are plenty of veteran members to do business with and ALWAYS use escrow. If you're a newbie and you're doing business with another newbie, there's nearly a 100% chance that one of the parties is a scammer. I can not stress this enough.. just work with people who have been here at least a year.
2. Always use escrow.
3. See rule #2.
thanks dev for the information and advice. this is very good information for new beginners who join the crypto world. with more and more good and useful information like this there is nothing else to be deceived.
yamakashy

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 05:54:05 PM

I hate those scammers, they are all over the web...Nut they gain alot of bad karma...I hope they will buy candles with our money!
sharaban

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:09:55 PM

Useful information, thank you! but how do you look at using, for example, ISO clubs and trust management in general? on what criteria should you pay attention to newbies if they seek a partner outside of this forum?
vuanhquan

Activity: 39

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:53:45 AM

Information is really good, everyone should read through, thank you for sharing.
 Smiley
Danu26

Activity: 274
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:10:20 PM

Alright, so I've been PM'd by a few people what red-flags to look out for since I have a pretty good track record of spotting scammers. Sometimes I get it wrong, but better safe than sorry.  Here's a couple rules to follow to avoid becoming a victim:

1. Newbies, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH OTHER NEWBIES, EVER. There are plenty of veteran members to do business with and ALWAYS use escrow. If you're a newbie and you're doing business with another newbie, there's nearly a 100% chance that one of the parties is a scammer. I can not stress this enough.. just work with people who have been here at least a year.
2. Always use escrow.
3. See rule #2.
this is good information with this newbie will not get a scam project when they invest in crypto world. if more and more positive news like this then nothing else will be deceived.

>        MFCHAIN        <
MERCHANT PAYMENTS + REWARD SYSTEM SMART CONTRACT PLATFORM
<MFCHAIN.COM> <WHITEPAPER>                        <TELEGRAM> <YOUTUBE>
A.SanchezNo7

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:34:15 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2018, 05:29:33 PM by A.SanchezNo7

Good share
jamesbond007pro

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:42:22 AM

2. Always use escrow.
3. See rule #2.

Dear admin, I know why you are famous. I think you have a big knowledge about business, your experiences will help many newbies. I will learn and try to do follow your rule, this is very informative information for me.  Many thanks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: