Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:29:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When investment goes -100%  (Read 2398 times)
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 11:46:50 PM

So I'm actually facing this dilemma at the moment. I made three investments in three coins at poloniex.
Now all three of those are down more than 100% of the value that I bought them for, so I guess I got no options but to wait it out. It may take long time to get back to the value where I don't lose too much, but that is the only option I have.
Have you experienced anything similar in your tradings? How do you deal with such situations?
I don't think that is the only option you have!  You should hold a bit as that same coins may be in profit . An altcoins expert article I read Online  said "no coin is dead" and that one day those coins will return To the distribution angle of the trading circle and you can sell at that point with joy.  You are not the only one  on this many professional traders do has such investment time to time.

It could be that he is a victim of pumped and dumped coins cause it is almost impossible to lose all its value that fast unless it is shit coin. He can scratch it as a loss or he could try to hype and pump the coins he is holding so he can pass it to another bag holder.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shady

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Life is a game, you either play it or get played.

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:28:58 AM

I typically don't sell, but if this came across me it likely has to be sold off and put into something better.

Trades can go bad because of analytical error, the truth with some investments is that losses should be taken with regret unless learned off.

RedX

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:41:55 AM

So I'm actually facing this dilemma at the moment. I made three investments in three coins at poloniex.
Now all three of those are down more than 100% of the value that I bought them for, so I guess I got no options but to wait it out. It may take long time to get back to the value where I don't lose too much, but that is the only option I have.
Have you experienced anything similar in your tradings? How do you deal with such situations?

My other coins were down only -20% and I'm always careful when making trades. This should be a lesson learned for you to be more wiser and never ride to a hype coin. Try to divide your investment with different coins so there will be a balance but only choose the promising ones.
zidanw

Activity: 1162
Merit: 258

1xbit.com

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 01:54:33 AM

I've experienced the same thing in which the coin I hold down -100% is indeed a better way of waiting until the price rises again, the coin in the poloniex has an average large volume.

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████