Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:26:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is violence really the key to a drug-free country?  (Read 2681 times)
DarkKnight68 (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

Make Your Passion Your Addiction.

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 11:48:08 AM

Aside from resorting to violence, what are your suggestions or answers to solve and deal with drug addicts and users in your country?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altgamerf4

Activity: 92

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 11:59:42 AM

The fight against drug addicts in our country will not lead to successful results, because this is already a well-coordinated business and will not be destroyed. In addition, alcohol and cigarettes are completely legal, although they are no better than drugs.
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1428
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 12:15:32 PM

Violence can solve this problem only temporary. I think that the drug business has its roots deep in many countries of the world, it is not operated within the borders of a single country anymore. For example here in Italy drugs come from different continents, we get a lot from Morocco but lately Albania a small country is bringing lots of cannabis in Italy. Our government is fighting hard against this phenomena but it looks like it can't be stopped. Violence is no answer either, unless our government gives permission to officials like Guardia di Finanzia who is the authority to keep control of the sea borders and not let anything suspicious to come in, to shoot criminals.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 12:51:36 PM

It may but only temporarily. Look here in the Philippines, it's usually the poorer addicts that get shot. I doubt that would happen to the richer users, much less the manufacturers.

It is a big business, with several politicians and police involved. You can't fix the problem unless you get rid of those too.

Another thing is that it would be a never ending battle, so long as there is a demand. Like I always tell other people here, supply expands to fulfill demand. Get rid of a manufacturer, someone with capital takes his place, same with the distributors and retailers. Same with the corrupt politicians and police.

Violence can solve this problem only temporary. I think that the drug business has its roots deep in many countries of the world, it is not operated within the borders of a single country anymore. For example here in Italy drugs come from different continents, we get a lot from Morocco but lately Albania a small country is bringing lots of cannabis in Italy. Our government is fighting hard against this phenomena but it looks like it can't be stopped. Violence is no answer either, unless our government gives permission to officials like Guardia di Finanzia who is the authority to keep control of the sea borders and not let anything suspicious to come in, to shoot criminals.

I didn't know you also have a drug problem there. I saw an RT report earlier that you are closing ports to immigrant ships. If you are going to do that against EU policies, I suppose you can also shoot at criminals. Are your police also unarmed like in some EU countries?
matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 03:18:21 PM

The drug has no effect because the law enforcement agencies who must wage this war themselves cover for drug traffickers and participate with them in this business. Too big money turns in this business. Drug dealers can buy them all. Only the people themselves can stop the spread of this infection.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 03:43:14 PM

Violence itself is no answer to anything so isn't the solution for drugs. Some countries have realy severe measures.like death penalty and they still haven't solved the drugs problems. Maybe the answer could be to inform the children and youngsters at early stage how drugs are dangerous and where addiction can lead and we have to give them alternative so they will have no need for drugs. Where there is no demand, there is no need for supply.

malaj
merchantofzeny

Activity: 1036
Merit: 279

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 06:44:28 PM

No. Though I believe drugs should still be regulated, it is also much better if people never start taking them. I think an improved mental health program could help people stay away from drugs but teach people from a young age how to handle stuff like stress, boredom and depression.

Another would be engaging the community in projects that would help keep people busy with more fulfilling and useful missions.
SativaDiva

Activity: 91

23. English BA. OnlyFans.com/MistressLovely

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 07:17:33 PM

Aside from resorting to violence, what are your suggestions or answers to solve and deal with drug addicts and users in your country?

Violence is never the key to any country in any way, shape, or form. Violence or even the threat of violence keeps us on edge, our fight-or-flight response is activated consistently and we as humans have no choice but to walk around with this ball of fear or knots in our stomachs. Support should be the answer to drug addiction, an addiction is an altered mindset where you are dependent upon a substance. We are so quick to punish drug addicts but not money addicts who hoard 1% of the entire country's money. Addicts need help not punishment, one becomes defiant under the confines of a society that ridicules them on drugs and even when they make an attempt to get clean. Hugs, love, community, and comfort is what humans crave; drugs take that place. Drugs are the substitution for the whole, we use them to make up for the things we lost or never had, sometimes to just be numb. This is the reason why addicts are 100% more aggressive then a person who simply does not get the love and care they need, we are social creatures who let material things make up for the social benefits that can be gained without money, fame, and fortune.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 08:32:08 PM

Sometimes extreme situations demands extreme measure which is why violence is sometimes considered but in every clime of the society, I have never seen where violence solved any issues rather people will fear to be caught rather than stopping the attitude altogether. The issue of drugs is a something fundamental which violence will not solve rather a massive campaign aimed  at doing reorientation of the community then making sure the source of the drug is shut and then identify the reason for people resorting to that in the first place.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 08:43:11 PM

Why would you even want to deal with the addicts with force? It's their life and their choice!
Why don't you focus on other addicts. Should we use violence against alcoholics, weed smokers, children addicted to computer games?
What does give you the right to make other people live like you, to shape their day according to your own? We aren't the same and we have different needs.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 08:47:42 PM

Actually i do not know what to think. I mean, there is no way to forbid and stop drug using, people will always find a way to get some drug. And it is same for violence. Violence is part of humans, and some people are more in control of them selves that other. Violence is primitive thing, and maybe in future people will find some cure for it, but that is future. For now we can keep trying to bring drug using and violence to a minimum, that is more than enough for now.
Nikola95

Activity: 231
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 11:31:51 PM

Probably yes if there is lot of drug addicts in that country. Philippines have great problem with mafia and drugs in country, but they make them to fear. I think crime is a bit lower now.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                                         Y I E L D                                         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
EASIEST WAY TO EARN INTEREST IN CRYPTO

▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                Twitter          Telegram          Token                ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄
millionaireshs

Activity: 353
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 02:20:28 AM

Hi I'm  from Philippines.
This issue regarding violence and drugs are widely known in our country since our President Duterte is really eager to wipe out illegal drugs in his country. I'm  not againts our president but on the Ejk rather. But somehow I agree on it.
A mistake is can't be solve by another mistake. Yes but its better to get rid on the virus before it spread. What I concern the most is having a proper judicial system, that's it.
But I commend Pres. Duterte. I think corruption in Philippines lessen at this time.

#Experience the PHILIPPINES.
masterwakokok7

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 05:34:25 AM

Nope, It will only cost more rebellions and chaos. If violence is used let's expect that their would be a lot of blood will shed, families that will suffer, innocent lives will be taken. Nevertheless, Violence also could help to lessen the aggressiveness of the drug cartels or syndicates. But, the sad reality of this world is that Violence will not do any good hence it only promotes hatred and anger.

tikalbong

Activity: 101

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 05:45:31 AM

I don't like to call it it violence. Discipline is what I call it.

A R B I T A O         THE NEW WAY OF ARBITRAGE TRADING     
█          [   PRE-SALE starts on   J u l y   1 s t   ]       ❱ ❱ ❱   WHITEPAPER          █
───────     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     ───────
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1428
Merit: 529

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 06:12:53 AM

It may but only temporarily. Look here in the Philippines, it's usually the poorer addicts that get shot. I doubt that would happen to the richer users, much less the manufacturers.

It is a big business, with several politicians and police involved. You can't fix the problem unless you get rid of those too.

Another thing is that it would be a never ending battle, so long as there is a demand. Like I always tell other people here, supply expands to fulfill demand. Get rid of a manufacturer, someone with capital takes his place, same with the distributors and retailers. Same with the corrupt politicians and police.

I didn't know you also have a drug problem there. I saw an RT report earlier that you are closing ports to immigrant ships. If you are going to do that against EU policies, I suppose you can also shoot at criminals. Are your police also unarmed like in some EU countries?

They are not unarmed but they are not allowed to shoot at criminals until now. In Italy there is a lot of confusion regarding how to deal with the drug markets. Many many ships or small engine boats are getting caught with cannabis in it, but the owners of these ships are nowhere to be found, presumably they are escaping our guards. I think if the government allows the guards to shoot the criminals this would solve a big chunk of this problem but for the moment this seems like a far far away land.
siti25

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 07:27:41 AM

Violence will not be the solution to any problem. Drug problems in any country will be difficult to resolve. Maybe, now the drug addicts can be cured some people, the rest just wait until their death. Well, so that the status of drugs turned into non-existent, we prevent anyone not to consume drugs. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄███████▀▀███████▄▄
     ▄██████▀▀      ▀▀██████▄
   ▄████▀▀              ▀▀████▄
  ████        ▄▄███▄▄       ████
 ▐████      ▄█████████▄     ████▌
 █████     ████▀   ▀▀█▀     █████
 █████    ▐███              █████
 █████    ▐███▄      ▄      █████
 █████     ▀████▄▄▄████     █████
 ▐████       ▀███████▀      ████▌
  ▀███▄▄        ▀▀▀       ▄▄███▀
    ▀█████▄▄          ▄▄█████▀
      ▀███████▄▄  ▄▄███████▀
         ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀

████
                       ▄▀██
                     ▄█▀   ▄▄▄▄▄
                   ▄█▀    ███████
                 ▄█▀      ███████
               ▄█▀        ███████
     ▀█▄▄    ▄█▀  ▄█████▄ ███████
        ▀▀█▄█▀    ███████ ███████
  ▄█████▄         ███████ ███████
  ███████ ▄█████▄ ███████ ███████
  ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 07:59:06 AM

Extinction of homo sapiens is the key to a drug-free country.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 08:00:38 AM

Sending them to an island of addicts and having that area treated as a Legal drug use zone, then watching and observing if people leave and are addicted to the drug and then contribute to the spread of more drugs the penalties are far more severe than if they decide to stay in the zone. The zone would have all the rehab and people would be sent there for drug offenses, crime should be fairly low since the drugs will be legal in the zone but if someone tries to export em they are so dead ^^. Freedom of usage, offset by restriction to the Freedom of Mobility.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
skymberloh

Activity: 111

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 01:32:53 PM

To put them all into an a place where they are all be treated like a rehab.If a person is well treated then he will be free and will be given a second chance to live in a society.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: