Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:03:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining is not stable  (Read 2964 times)
dj_muncher (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 02:01:23 PM

hi everybody,

I have been mining for more than 5 months. I have seen my friend`s pool details and notice there is something is not ok with my mining setting but could not find out.
I have attached a pic of hashrate details in nanopool. in my ring there is kind of waves. its not finding or accepting shares stably. but my friend`s like rope, flat rope.
thanks

https://us.v-cdn.net/5021640/uploads/editor/1i/u7lepbq48zp2.jpeg
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GaryH

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 04:24:04 PM

I noticed my power settings can cause huge fluctuations and also how you are OC'ng the card (if you are)--also var difficulty can change the hashrate.  But I never see a flat rope.  I wouldn't worry about it unless you are getting a much lower hashrate than your friend.
iamnoobplzhelp

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 05:19:59 PM

Overclocking/undervolting too much can affect effective hash rate. Your friend has probably found good stable clocks so that his effective hash rates are closer to reported.

Try reducing the overclock. Your reported hash rates may come down, but it should get closer to effective. Look for cards that are submitting incorrect shares. If you're using Claymore, you can find this by pressing 's' and it will show you submitted shares per card and incorrect shares per card. If there are cards that have low shares/any incorrect shares, start by underclocking those. I do 10mhz at a time, let it run and do it again like a day later.
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 714
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 12:40:57 AM

Your mining hashrate isn't stable mainly because of the tweaking you've done to your card.

Try playing around the overclock settings. Alter the core and memory clocks until you find a stable setting.
Changes in the hashrate should be about +5/-5.

Look for rejected shares in the miner.
dj_muncher (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 08:13:55 AM

I am sorry for late answer.
Do you mean I edited my Bios incorrectly or just setting OC settings ?

Your mining hashrate isn't stable mainly because of the tweaking you've done to your card.

Try playing around the overclock settings. Alter the core and memory clocks until you find a stable setting.
Changes in the hashrate should be about +5/-5.

Look for rejected shares in the miner.

When I press the 's' button and get total and there are no incorrect shares.
I reduce the overclock but notting is changing. Even I do more overclock the same result, nothing is changing.

Overclocking/undervolting too much can affect effective hash rate. Your friend has probably found good stable clocks so that his effective hash rates are closer to reported.

Try reducing the overclock. Your reported hash rates may come down, but it should get closer to effective. Look for cards that are submitting incorrect shares. If you're using Claymore, you can find this by pressing 's' and it will show you submitted shares per card and incorrect shares per card. If there are cards that have low shares/any incorrect shares, start by underclocking those. I do 10mhz at a time, let it run and do it again like a day later.

hashrate  is ok its not changing but the cars are finding and accepting more shares. so is it all because of OC settings ?

I noticed my power settings can cause huge fluctuations and also how you are OC'ng the card (if you are)--also var difficulty can change the hashrate.  But I never see a flat rope.  I wouldn't worry about it unless you are getting a much lower hashrate than your friend.
gueorguiev

Activity: 171
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 09:00:45 AM

What GPU are you using? cause some of them use Overclock setting as stock, and care to post your miner .bat settings so I could see what you have set, cause I believe there are some stability commands to type in depending on your card.
dj_muncher (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 12:07:46 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2017, 12:48:18 PM by dj_muncher

What GPU are you using? cause some of them use Overclock setting as stock, and care to post your miner .bat settings so I could see what you have set, cause I believe there are some stability commands to type in depending on your card.

Here are my settings and afterburner setting. by the way I have also edited the bios.
4 Asus RX480 4gb

.bat settings
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 1
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal ----------------------------------------  -epsw x -etht 1000 -mode 1 -ftime 10

https://ibb.co/ku8Xcv
https://ibb.co/cRqOja
gueorguiev

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 06:41:31 PM

Here are my settings and afterburner setting. by the way I have also edited the bios.
4 Asus RX480 4gb

.bat settings

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal ----------------------------------------  -epsw x -etht 1000 -mode 1 -ftime 10

Im no expert on these things,but here are some things you could play around with to see if you get more stability.

- Try updating your drivers to a more recent version.

- As a few people said above, your friend has found a stable clock settings, so you could try using        the standard clock and increase it till you hit your desired hashrate/stability.

- Make sure it's using asm algorithm and you could try controlling your speeds with -dcri command.

- And the last thing I could think of is sometimes you can get instability issues from incorrectly installed or poorly modified bios. You could use this guide to flash them properly: http://1stminingrig.com/best-bios-rom-sapphire-nitro-rx-480-8gb-oc-mine-ethereum-30-mhs/
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 06:54:58 PM

I see no problem at all with what you posted. What exactly is the problem?

Mining isnt a flat line, you may just think that because some pools do smoothing on the curves so that it looks nicer.

For example:

bitcoin miner:

ZEC mining:

ETH mining:

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
dj_muncher (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 05:44:04 AM

4 Asus RX480 4gb

.bat settings

https://ibb.co/ku8Xcv
https://ibb.co/cRqOja

Im no expert on these things,but here are some things you could play around with to see if you get more stability.

- Try updating your drivers to a more recent version.

- As a few people said above, your friend has found a stable clock settings, so you could try using        the standard clock and increase it till you hit your desired hashrate/stability.

- Make sure it's using asm algorithm and you could try controlling your speeds with -dcri command.

- And the last thing I could think of is sometimes you can get instability issues from incorrectly installed or poorly modified bios. You could use this guide to flash them properly: http://1stminingrig.com/best-bios-rom-sapphire-nitro-rx-480-8gb-oc-mine-ethereum-30-mhs/

I have read the guide  that you recommended and thanks a lot, but this guide for GPUs which have Samsung ram. My GPUs have hynix. Is thre a big different , can I follow this guide for my hynixs as well ?

I am not expert as well but its clear that you are better than me Smiley what is -dcri command ?

Mining isnt a flat line, you may just think that because some pools do smoothing on the curves so that it looks nicer.

For example:

bitcoin miner:

https://i.imgur.com/Vns6wTI.jpg

ZEC mining:

https://i.imgur.com/zsosHuN.jpg

ETH mining:

https://i.imgur.com/MkEXoym.jpg

my friend`s rig is also working in the same pool, but its like a flat line. i have asked him for the hashrate information. when i get i will post here. the thing is, his rig finds more than mine. my ring sometimes finds more but sometimes low.  
Mahanton

Activity: 2702
Merit: 626

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:16:47 AM

For example:

bitcoin miner:

ZEC mining:

ETH mining:

Correct, it really depends on the pool that you are using on how they do visualize the mining stats and i didnt even see about that flat line, maybe its just an another setting of the chart that you mean. Zig-zag would be always noticeable and its a good indication and besides mining difficulty does increase which means hashes or profits would be more lesser and lesser.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
dj_muncher (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:27:51 AM

For example:

bitcoin miner:

https://i.imgur.com/Vns6wTI.jpg

ZEC mining:

https://i.imgur.com/zsosHuN.jpg

ETH mining:

https://i.imgur.com/MkEXoym.jpg

Correct, it really depends on the pool that you are using on how they do visualize the mining stats and i didnt even see about that flat line, maybe its just an another setting of the chart that you mean. Zig-zag would be always noticeable and its a good indication and besides mining difficulty does increase which means hashes or profits would be more lesser and lesser.

The problem is we are using the same pool, the same bios. and also tried the same settings. but with his setting my rig is going offline even rig restarts every 20-23 minutes.
dj_muncher (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:50:25 AM

I have got his pool chart. a few minutes ago I get this information.

This is mine.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5021640/uploads/editor/1i/u7lepbq48zp2.jpeg

This is friend`s. Difference is big.

http://imgur.com/a/QTSKS
gueorguiev

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 03:47:47 PM

Ok so your mining hashrate is pretty stable line, you said you have 4 rx480,'s and judging by the graph each one is mining anywhere from 27-29 mh/s and your expected shares look as they should. both those graphs look perfectly fine. Its just harder to notice the difference because your friend has around 20-25 gpus and the change is more subtle.

If you're having problems with miners shutting off after 20 minutes then that's another issue, im not sure how to help you with that other than to tell you to test each car individually, run it for an hour or more and and see if the problem is isolated to one card or all of them.

one other thing, I believe this line needs to be set to 0 (setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 1), not 1, because you are only using 4gb, not more. If you begin to have issues though change it back.
dj_muncher (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:50:31 PM

Ok so your mining hashrate is pretty stable line, you said you have 4 rx480,'s and judging by the graph each one is mining anywhere from 27-29 mh/s and your expected shares look as they should. both those graphs look perfectly fine. Its just harder to notice the difference because your friend has around 20-25 gpus and the change is more subtle.

If you're having problems with miners shutting off after 20 minutes then that's another issue, im not sure how to help you with that other than to tell you to test each car individually, run it for an hour or more and and see if the problem is isolated to one card or all of them.

one other thing, I believe this line needs to be set to 0 (setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 1), not 1, because you are only using 4gb, not more. If you begin to have issues though change it back.

1) yes hashrate is stable but accepted shares are low. From begging  i get 1.5  or 2 ethereum for a month. now barely only 1 Ethereum for a month.
What do i wrong ? i dont thinks it all because of rates of ethereum.
2)i dont have problems with miners shutting off. when i tried my friend`s settings than miners shutting off.
3) (setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 1) I have change this setting to `0` but got problem after 16 hours. miners went offline.

I have other question is there coin instead of ethereum to mine ? I mean more profitable than ethereum.
gueorguiev

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 07:21:36 PM

Well you're decrease in payout is expected. as the dag epoch # gets higher, your hashrate will decrease and you'll receive less shares. your mining probably wont be profitable 4-5 months from now. If you still think your shares are too low you'll have to do a google search and check other forums, im not sure how else to help you.

as for another coin to mine, I dont think there is any other coin that can give you more profit then ethereum right now
Etherion

Activity: 512
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 09:28:26 PM

install hwinfo64 and watch for memory errors. if you get errors then you should reduce your OC
dj_muncher (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:14:43 AM

install hwinfo64 and watch for memory errors. if you get errors then you should reduce your OC

i am sorry for late answer
And thanks for letting me know about hwinfo64. Here is my Gpus  memory errors. I dont think its normal for 4 hours Smiley
The point is not every card has the same memory errors.
one of them has like 73.955.000 Smiley  and other very low.

http://imgur.com/b9zvuGL

http://imgur.com/YpNBBU8

The other think is today i check how is mining going and get this, one of gpus is hashrate was crazy look at picture belove Smiley i was shocked when i saw 57.278 Smiley

http://imgur.com/a/00iRH

Well you're decrease in payout is expected. as the dag epoch # gets higher, your hashrate will decrease and you'll receive less shares. your mining probably wont be profitable 4-5 months from now. If you still think your shares are too low you'll have to do a google search and check other forums, im not sure how else to help you.

as for another coin to mine, I dont think there is any other coin that can give you more profit then ethereum right now

What about Zcash do you have any idea ?  I have heard its also good for mining for now. but I am not sure is it more profitable than ethereum or not.
and an interesting hashrate  that i saw today Smiley

http://imgur.com/a/00iRH
JustCauseBIH

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:18:08 AM

Your card are overlocked. Decrease mem clock until 0 errors.
dj_muncher (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:36:16 AM

Your card are overlocked. Decrease mem clock until 0 errors.

I got it, thanks a lot . Every card has the same setting and the same bios but two of them works not bad. what is the main problem ? maybe the Bios that i have changed ? 
JustCauseBIH

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:50:52 AM

Same cards, but different quality build. That is issue. I have RX 470 that can handle 1150/2090 with 28.5 hash rate, but also have another one that maximum is 1150/2025.
dj_muncher (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 11:12:25 AM

Same cards, but different quality build. That is issue. I have RX 470 that can handle 1150/2090 with 28.5 hash rate, but also have another one that maximum is 1150/2025.

so you are telling its better over clock each card separately ?
JustCauseBIH

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 12:26:45 PM

100% correct. You cant have same values for each card, because they are not same quality build.

I have one separate PC, where i test each card and let it run few hours with best OC settings. If everything works fine, no issue, no errors on HWID i add it to mining rig. I did with each card same proces. It is pain in ass, but once you set up, all works fine in future.
dj_muncher (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:09:38 PM

100% correct. You cant have same values for each card, because they are not same quality build.

I have one separate PC, where i test each card and let it run few hours with best OC settings. If everything works fine, no issue, no errors on HWID i add it to mining rig. I did with each card same proces. It is pain in ass, but once you set up, all works fine in future.

Thanks for the information. What is the best way to get for each card best OC setting ? what softwares do I need ?
dj_muncher (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 09:35:54 PM

it is getting harder everyday as level of difficulty increase !!

yes it is. what about pascal coin ? any idea ?
gueorguiev

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 11:12:54 PM

[/quote]

Pascal coin is pretty good to dual mine. It doesn't use dag epoch like ethereum but instead difficulty like bitcoins algorithm,so its also great for diversifying your portfolio and it doesn't effect your hash rate so that's a little extra bonus
dj_muncher (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 08:14:03 AM

Pascal coin is pretty good to dual mine. It doesn't use dag epoch like ethereum but instead difficulty like bitcoins algorithm,so its also great for diversifying your portfolio and it doesn't effect your hash rate so that's a little extra bonus
[/quote]

There are a lot of altcoins, there should be some coins for profitably mining
gueorguiev

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 11:06:15 AM

Yes there are. There's quite a few coins that are profitable. You could try Monero,Siacoin,Decred,Lbry, or ZCash. Those are are some of the more popular ones right now for mining, you just have to find the one with your preferred hardware and algorithm in mind.
star citizen

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 12:22:59 PM

I think it is quite stable for those using solar power, and I think that if Bitcoin becomes really successful, there will be a large number of individuals striving to learn more about this field, just to get into the mining business.

Byteball.org   ❱❱❱  IT  JUST  WORKS.  ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email - Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments - ICO Platform with KYC
ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 12:27:50 PM

I think it is quite stable for those using solar power, and I think that if Bitcoin becomes really successful, there will be a large number of individuals striving to learn more about this field, just to get into the mining business.
that's what I'm trying to learn right now mate on how to use solar energy to avoid the cost for electric bill I know the capital that's needed is really huge but the opportunity to roi in much faster time can be achieved, and you are correct after bitcoin succeed more people will start to look for this opportunity too.
dj_muncher (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 09:11:40 AM

I don`t use solar power. and I think it would be expensive for now. Because its not common in Ukraine yet.

that's what I'm trying to learn right now mate on how to use solar energy to avoid the cost for electric bill I know the capital that's needed is really huge but the opportunity to roi in much faster time can be achieved, and you are correct after bitcoin succeed more people will start to look for this opportunity too.
cost for electric bill is not problem in my case because electricity is cheap here. But because of the rate of bitcoin and s alt coin price for GPU s getting bigger and bigger. i started 4-5 mounts ago and now differences between price from that  and this day its more than 55%.
Lubang Bawah

Activity: 1358
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 09:21:45 AM

Yes, I read the specific details of this tool is very good, but the thing that makes me curious is the price is still expensive and if calculated it took about 9 months for RoI.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
gueorguiev

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:12:47 PM

I dont think you read any of the posts or even op's post, this isn't about the stability of Bitcoin or its future. He's asking for help about a technical issue hes having with his miner and gpu while mining Ethereum.
cvsea

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:42:56 PM

Your friend has around 600 mh/s and you have about 115.
The variance will be far more noticeable for your rig.
That's why his chart looks stable.
dj_muncher (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 06:33:28 AM

Your friend has around 600 mh/s and you have about 115.
The variance will be far more noticeable for your rig.
That's why his chart looks stable.

Yes I forgot this point:) thanks
Ayers
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1023

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:00:12 AM

There are a lot of altcoins, there should be some coins for profitably mining
[/quote]

pascalcoin is old and not that profitable anymore even with dual mining, not much profit to be made, there are indeed other option with better profit, but depends on nvidia or amd, for amd the option are limited but for nvidia i like spreadcoin and nexus they have better profit

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀