Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:47:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: In the "Rise of the Millenials" section  (Read 1375 times)
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 27, 2010, 10:56:31 PM

http://www.minyanville.com/investing/articles/financial-literacy-high-school-finance-teaching/10/27/2010/id/30798

Now this is the Bitcoin generation.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 28, 2010, 12:10:16 AM

I am slightly offended by the suggestion that kids are hard to teach because we watch too much youtube.

MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 28, 2010, 12:30:36 AM

I am slightly offended by the suggestion that kids are hard to teach because we watch too much youtube.

That just means that we need to adapt the teaching methods to the audience.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
macje6645

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2010, 06:40:26 PM

I am not sure that it means that kids are hard to teach.  There is a dynamic of attention span.  The attention span for listening to a lecture is certainly decreasing.  This is due to age of media.  It is not to be seen as a put down, it is more about the reality of our age.
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 27, 2010, 07:21:22 PM

I am not sure that it means that kids are hard to teach.  There is a dynamic of attention span.  The attention span for listening to a lecture is certainly decreasing.  This is due to age of media.  It is not to be seen as a put down, it is more about the reality of our age.

Humans should be able to concentrate, focus on a subject or task for more than 10 minutes.  Smiley  It is only reality if we permit the general loss of skills like attention to detail.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2010, 08:25:23 PM

Yep.

Some people would like children to have a nice long attention span so they'll sit still for a 40 year career in a factory.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
November 27, 2010, 09:08:31 PM

Yep.

Some people would like children to have a nice long attention span so they'll sit still for a 40 year career in a factory.

Meh, we just have longer attention span for different things.

tyler

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2010, 07:25:31 AM

Yep.

I think the short attention span is an evolutionary advantage, we switch jobs more so we are more likely to innovate something worthwhile rather than slave for our Bourgeoisie overlords for the rest of our lives
Timo Y
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

bitcoin - the aerogel of money

View Profile
November 28, 2010, 10:07:49 PM

Humans should be able to concentrate, focus on a subject or task for more than 10 minutes.  Smiley  It is only reality if we permit the general loss of skills like attention to detail.

What's the point of learning every last detail of a technology if the technology will be obsolete after 10,5,3 years anyhow? Transferrable skills, meta-skills, and flexibility, that''s what you need to survive in a double exponential growth, high tech economy.

GPG ID: FA868D77   bitcoin-otc:forever-d
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: