Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:48:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: can bitcoin wallet be hacked by hackers?  (Read 28446 times)
doomloop

Activity: 2268
Merit: 581

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 10:07:52 AM

Until now nobody can hack bitcoin wallet except due to errors and inability of wallet users, we never heard blockchain on hack, it proves that this system is very safe and can be used for safe and convenient transaction
yes you are right bitcoin is a safe and secure currency and hacking bitcoin could not be so easy because now in bitcoin there are a lot of wallet invented so bitcoin is safe but there could be some error in the system of the computer or laptop but not the system of the bitcoin wallet so I think hacking bitcoin is not so easy.

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 10:50:25 AM

can they hack into our wallet. There are many professional hackers out there. What are the chances? Also what is the safest way to safeguard ourself?
That is possible if you are using third party program an that is online wallet and I think if you are gonna use a authentication then you are safe from hackers and another is the hard core wallet just like trezor and any other wallet that you are the only one that is holding the private key to access the wallet.

Bitcoin can be hacked if you are less careful. Keeping 2fa for online wallets and keeping the Passphrase of desktop wallet safe, can never lead to loss in he coins. It is our carelessness which be blame to others when we lose the coins.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 10:57:03 AM

can they hack into our wallet. There are many professional hackers out there. What are the chances? Also what is the safest way to safeguard ourself?
That is possible if you are using third party program an that is online wallet and I think if you are gonna use a authentication then you are safe from hackers and another is the hard core wallet just like trezor and any other wallet that you are the only one that is holding the private key to access the wallet.

Bitcoin can be hacked if you are less careful. Keeping 2fa for online wallets and keeping the Passphrase of desktop wallet safe, can never lead to loss in he coins. It is our carelessness which be blame to others when we lose the coins.

These things doesn't matters big about bitcoin wallet security. You have to make you keep safe wallet seed or private key to be more safer side. Sometimes your online wallet may get hacked due to carelessness via loggin incorrect website which with that url so be careful don't google search it. Enter correct url to loggin to the wallet site.
emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 10:57:19 AM

Maybe professional hackers can. But it will be a hard try because in a first place, when bitcoin is starting to be establish a few years ago, it started developing and building its decentralized block chain that will take over the doubts being encountered especially in accessing accounts. With this block chain, users can control, monitor and access their accounts with their own privacy setting provided by the decentralized block chain. So the possibilty of your bitcoin being hacked depends on how you handle and take care of it.
Vikingr

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 09:55:09 PM

Mentioned "Careless" I would give you an idea about that point. Suppose if you are not using your wallets address neither stay positive with bitcoin it can be hacked. If it is about careless than bitcoin having more secure system than other Altcoins. It cannot be hack easily so it is not about careless it is about positive with bitcoin and negative with bitcoin.
Wowcoin

Activity: 910
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 10:01:01 PM

I think yes if the hacker is professional they can easily hack your wallet some reason why they can hack if you sign up phishing site that you used same email with your wallet. They can change your password. Thats why used wallet that you can not used email like electrum
TheGodFather

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 10:08:02 PM

Yes possibly. Especially if we doesnt put a high secured password on it , we need to put a high secured passeord so that it is not vurnerable for any attacks and we can breathe safelym and try to use 2fa password so that they will not decript it. I have been try it once. It is effective. Take a secuirity in your acc.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 11:15:07 PM

Thats true, I use online wallet and I add 2fa (sms verify) to get into my wallet and with that extra security, as long as I use my wallet online. I never get into trouble like my bitcoin is stolen or hacked of course because of good security
bs.glory

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 12:04:33 AM

The best way not to be hacked by great professionals is to be silent in our personal BTC account or remain inactive in public (i the vicinity around you). It can be notably hacked, although it is far from our knowledge, we have to protect our personal information and password, to secure our application from external links.
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 02:26:30 AM

Every creation has its flaws, it was made by a person and may be destroyed by one also. So for your own wallet security you should do it yourself, help yourself if your in doubt. Multi wallets are used by others, a single wallet without any signature or private keys may be at risk. Some buy hard drives for their wallets.
seattletu

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 05:39:34 AM

There is no chances to hack the bitcoin wallet if the users maintain their security information, login credentials, private key, phone numbers and email ids confidential. The developers developed the bitcoin to maintain the highest security standard and overcome the all unexpected situations. The total bitcoin safety is depends upon the bitcoin users. Hackers are too dangerous and try to hack using your email addresses, IP addresses and any other sensitive information. So, be careful with the hackers and maintain the security.
ladydark

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 05:54:03 AM

It solely depends upon how secure you keep your private keys.If there had been a situation that any one could hack any one's wallet,then no one would be having their bitcoins safely in their wallets and bitcoin would have lost its importance by this time.It is the secured system which has made bitcoin to survive till now.Otherwise,bitcoin security would have been compromised due to bankers and governments by this time.

Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 06:07:26 AM

Anybody that has access to your private key. If you are using a paper wallet someone can steal it from your desk or wallet or wherever you are holding it, but they can not hack your wallet. If you have your
private keys on your computer and someone hacks in and finds it, they will have access to your account as well and can steal your bitcoins, do not hold your private keys stored on computer.
   Protection against thief`s needs to be upgraded all the time, hackers can not do much if you are do necessary things to protect yourself.
Every creation has its flaws, it was made by a person and may be destroyed by one also. So for your own wallet security you should do it yourself, help yourself if your in doubt. Multi wallets are used by others,
a single wallet without any signature or private keys may be at risk. Some buy hard drives for their wallets.
   I think the same, every creation have its own flaws and there will be always people who will try to exploit those flaws. If hacker can not hack you, he can take a gun and steal your computer from your home,
so buying new locks and installing alarms in house also sounds like a good idea.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3507

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:28:17 PM

I think the best way is to create a offline wallet and put it in a pen drive. This way nobody can access it. The online wallet is too much risky, at least I can't take the risk. I just searched google and there are many cases of wallet got hacked even after high security.

USB flash drives are susceptible to bit rot/memory loss. they need to be powered every so often. do not count on one lasting years.

keep at least several thumb drives and refresh them periodically. i think just plugging them into a stand alone usb power supply (not a computer, just a charger) may do it but am not 100% sure on that. may depend on the drive.

but paper wallet and hardware wallets are best. i use use paper and a trezor myself.
kuyaJ

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:52:22 PM

if you wanna have a better security, i would recommend to have a multi signature wallet (the address with prefix of 3 instead of 1). in case of possibility of being hacked, they need certainly large amount of computing power which consumes all the possible energy in the Earth as there are more than googol (IIRC) of possible combinations and not all the private key is valid for bitcoin address.

You need to have more wallet. Incase a wallet that you have they not easily get what your all money are. Be wise from technology because there such a person want a money that they easily get.
masterwakokok7

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 03:02:31 PM

Chances are 100%, Hackers also do adapt to changes and as far as I'm concern Hackers now a days a very much equipped and intelligent. Even you already have the safest wallet, as long as they want to hack in to they can probably do so. As for me, I have two wallets coins and electrum. I guess electrum does have the features that can safeguard my earnings/profits and protect somehow from an attacks done by this hackers.

ocmoho

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 03:13:19 PM

In rare cases. If you have tight security for your wallets, i mean your key credentials are safe, then hackers will not hack your bitcoin wallets. Based on your IP addresses, the hackers will try to hack. So, you can use your wallets in safe place.
Christian13

Activity: 227

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 04:12:10 PM

I think they can’t hack it because it has a private key that you’re the only one who knows it. In addition to that, all bitcoin wallets are very nice in security and you can a sure that your bitcoin or any coins is safe. I think there is no chance that hacker will hack you bitcoin wallet. Lastly, the best way to keep it safe is put a private key that will help your bitcoin secure.
ModGirl

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 11:16:34 PM

Anybody that has access to your private key. If you are using a paper wallet someone can steal it from your desk or wallet or wherever you are holding it, but they can not hack your wallet. If you have your
private keys on your computer and someone hacks in and finds it, they will have access to your account as well and can steal your bitcoins, do not hold your private keys stored on computer.
   Protection against thief`s needs to be upgraded all the time, hackers can not do much if you are do necessary things to protect yourself.
Every creation has its flaws, it was made by a person and may be destroyed by one also. So for your own wallet security you should do it yourself, help yourself if your in doubt. Multi wallets are used by others,
a single wallet without any signature or private keys may be at risk. Some buy hard drives for their wallets.
   I think the same, every creation have its own flaws and there will be always people who will try to exploit those flaws. If hacker can not hack you, he can take a gun and steal your computer from your home,
so buying new locks and installing alarms in house also sounds like a good idea.
It’s rightly said that every things has flaws and evil minds are always in search of those weak points. I would like to make sure that the security provided by bitcoins is of high level. It is already giving tough time to hackers. It’s quite ridiculous and unrealistic that hackers will break into our houses, stealing computers and laptops.
Forhadm

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 11:00:01 AM

Yes of course bitcoin wallet be hacked by hacker  if any hacker know at ur ethereum wallet password  or bitcoon passwork there way be hacked  other wise hacker do not hacked your wallet account.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: