Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:04:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why price of eth is higher than etc  (Read 2411 times)
nappoleon

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 01:52:18 AM

I see that there's a lot of misinformation here.

Facts:
* ETH is no older than ETC in a blockchain sense, they have similar history until the hardfork.
* ETH is the forked chain, ETC is the original chain, hence making ETC the original ethereum.
* the DAO incident is not a hack, it's an exploit of the BUG in the DAO smart contract. What happened there was like 'when you left your house keys inserted at your door knob then you completely not blaming yourself of getting robbed'. In software level, the contact allowed the draining of funds to occur, the exploiter just uncovered the vulnerability. Pretty irresponsible right?
You have nailed it, after this it is very hard to tell more.
But i will, there is also one big difference ETC is decentralized which is not the case with ETH, also Vitalik can dump on you every second, as seen before. Everything here tells me that ETC is the future, ETH just hiding behind big PR wall.

Yes, and just to add details on people saying that there are no devs, projects and future on etc. There are 2 full time Dev teams behind etc and + 1 team helping, so there are total 3 dev teams and bunch of other individual contributors.

1) etcdev team - (core devs) developing emerald project and it is already under alpha stage.
2) IOHK team - under Charles Hoskinson team, developing another client written in Scala.(might release an alpha code this month)
3) Gavin wood's team under parity - maintaining parity.

+ individual contributors such as dexeran and codyburns (they might form another team)

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: