Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:48:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Program to tell bitcoin profits?  (Read 1206 times)
PreDeadMan (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:19:58 PM

I'm just curious if there's a program where you can import like I use coinbase I have so many transactions I literally lost count how much I'm up or down it's embarrassing! Did they make a program to import from say coinbase into something so it can tell you how much up or down you are with your bitcoins? any help would be appreciated THANKS!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:18:49 AM

What exactly do you want?

A program that check a list of given addresses, then sum their balances and stores it, and do it from time to time? And at any time you can check your balance history?

I've never used Coinbase, so sorry if I'm missing something.

Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:52:32 AM

I don't think you can find this kind of program.If you store your bitcoins on a place like coinbase I don't think you'll have problems with checking your balance.On the other side,wherever you store them you'll have the ability to look at the transactions so I suspect there's no need to look for such a program.

Vortex20000

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 05:53:50 AM

You can view the amount of money sent to your address, the amount of money that has left your address, and the amount of money remaining in your address at blockchain.info.

PreDeadMan (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 03:15:48 AM

Sorry for not explaining myself that thorough. I've bought a bunch of bitcoins at different prices in a span of i dunno.... about 2 years and I've lost track if i'm in the black or the red.... So in essence what I'm asking is if there is a program where i can take all of my bitcoin buys and sells and it could tell me if i'm ahead or if i'm down in profits.... I feel so stupid because I lost track and everything :;sighs::
Relnarien

Activity: 399
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:44:40 AM

Sorry for not explaining myself that thorough. I've bought a bunch of bitcoins at different prices in a span of i dunno.... about 2 years and I've lost track if i'm in the black or the red.... So in essence what I'm asking is if there is a program where i can take all of my bitcoin buys and sells and it could tell me if i'm ahead or if i'm down in profits.... I feel so stupid because I lost track and everything :;sighs::

Since the price of Bitcoin price changes constantly, then any program which would fulfill that function would still require the user to input the exact price at which he/she traded Bitcoins for. There is also no way of automating such a process without giving a program unfiltered access to every single one of the user's exchange accounts, assuming that the user doesn't engage in any trades outside of exchanges. The good news is that you can easily emulate this capability in almost any spreadsheet software. Come to think of it, a spreadsheet software is exactly the program that you are thinking of.
Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:44:06 AM

Thats kind of difficult, how will the program will know if one transaction is a buy or not? And how it will know at what price was bitcoin in thaf time (this can be done with a bitcoin price history chart but anyway is difficult)
The best way is to get a general view, how many dis you buy at 100 usd and how many did you buy after last bubble.
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 07:29:08 AM

why don you just record it all in a excel file and make your own formula, to make a program to do all that will cost alot and probably take time to make as you have to set the objective of the program

Edit never mind I see someone had mention software spreadsheet program which is what I also had mentioned

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Jamie_Boulder

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 09:11:26 AM

Hope you realize you're basically gambling, so you might as well speed up the results and go to dicebitco.in lol

jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:12:05 AM

Since the price of Bitcoin price changes constantly, then any program which would fulfill that function would still require the user to input the exact price at which he/she traded Bitcoins for. There is also no way of automating such a process without giving a program unfiltered access to every single one of the user's exchange accounts, assuming that the user doesn't engage in any trades outside of exchanges. The good news is that you can easily emulate this capability in almost any spreadsheet software. Come to think of it, a spreadsheet software is exactly the program that you are thinking of.

Maybe he wants to know how much he lost or won in bitcoins. This is doable using the right APIs, I think, but I have no experience with that. Also will need to desconsider transactions going out or in the owned addresses.

Zebra

Activity: 612
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:29:14 PM

I believe you can find details (buy/sell date, amount, and price) of all your past trades in your Coinbase account.
You can use Excel to calculate your profits from all those trades.

Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:33:18 PM

Yes. It's called a "spreadsheet"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: