Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:24:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MTGOX user hacked!!!!! Stole My Money From MyBitCoin.Com  (Read 1785 times)
Jeffpod (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 01:22:32 PM

My account was hacked and they stole my money from my mybitcoin.com account this morning.

Transaction ID:   143029
Date/Time:   2011-06-20 10:08:57
Payer:   jeffpod
Payee:   The People Who Stole My Money 1MAazCWMydsQB5ynYXqSGQDjNQMN3HFmEu
Amount (BTC):   -0.7642

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
elggawf

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 01:53:17 PM

Was your MBC password the same as your MtGox password?

^_^
saadtariq30

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 02:02:00 PM

So firstly you trust mybitcoin more than yourself with your btc?

and yeah, same password? just be glad its 0.76 and not 76..change all your passwords...look at vladmirs topic on passwords for help
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 02:18:33 PM

Love the turn around and claim "you should use one pwd for each thing". Nice, but not practical, unless you've one computer where you can store the pwds you use, you'll be pretty damn to login.

«Oh! I'm smart! I use "whatever" pwd manager, so all my pwds are strong and different!» - Are you? Or if your computer happens to be the one hacked with the master pwd someone would get all of your pwds together in a single place? To not mention you can't possibly remember them, so you couldn't rush to change it.

The whole thing to blame on this issue here is a site named MtGox and its owners, not the users!

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: