Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:47:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for intermediate level materials  (Read 217 times)
BCABob (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 04:11:24 PM

Noobs always get thrashed but I gotta start somewhere. So take your best shot and we'll see if I can not get too bloodied.

Not sure I'm typical of all noobs because I've been lurking around the bit coin universe for a few years watching the ecosystem evolve and mature. It looks like it's hitting peak hype stage (as in Gartner's Hype Cycle) and the freak fest is now in full engorge status. I've recently gone into deep dive mode because it appears that block chain in general is a natural fit to our core technology. We have patented and are developing a decentralized computational mesh and block chain might help with some security and transaction issues.

I've studied Satoshi's original paper, as well as other academic papers, am further researching Ethereum, HyperLedger, permissioned block chains, etc. so I'm not averse to doing my homework. Holy crap there is a lot of stuff flying about.

I'm having some trouble finding intermediate level materials. There are lots of intro videos and high level articles and descriptions of the block chain ecosystem. Then it seems like everything jumps from high level beginner stuff directly into pulling source code off of GitHub and jumping into the pit. We want to build a few test systems and maybe move towards an ICO, but we have still a huge amount of ground to cover and it would be helpful to have some resources that bridge the noob/expert gap.

Anyway, here I am. Smack me down  Wink then maybe point me at some resources for getting past the noob stage.

Later ...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: