Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:23:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-05-09 Economic Observer Online (China) - Bitcoins Come to China  (Read 1433 times)
kiko (OP)

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:11:15 PM

http://www.eeo.com.cn/ens/2013/0509/243777.shtml

Good editorial with a neutral tone out of china. More please.

Cheng Hua was one of the first Chinese to trade the currency. In China, Bitcoin lovers like him call themselves “BTCers.”

Li Xiaolai (李笑来), who claims to have the largest collection of Bitcoins in China, describes his obsession saying, “Bitcoin is the most stunning and most subversive social experiment in history.”

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:02:25 PM

the most fascinating thing to me about this China craze is the gov't appears to be taking a hands off approach to this given companies like Avalon and AsicMiner.
WiW

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

"The public is stupid, hence the public will pay"

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:08:15 PM

the most fascinating thing to me about this China craze is the gov't appears to be taking a hands off approach to this given companies like Avalon and AsicMiner.

My impression is that it's more than a hands-off approach. If non-negative bitcoin programs are airing on the state-owned television network while considering the information and capital control the Chinese government is enforcing, I would say it's much more than a hands-off.

It sounds to me like top brass in china is giving bitcoin the OK. And in this case, you don't get the OK unless top brass is positive that they're not and will not be against it.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:50:55 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto was a PRC chinese agent hacker carrying out nefarious communist plot to undermine the FRN USD? ... sounds like we have a new SN conspiracy theory angle to run with Wink (funny that they try to pin it on the japanese also)

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:07:07 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto was a PRC chinese agent hacker carrying out nefarious communist plot to undermine the FRN USD? ... sounds like we have a new SN conspiracy theory angle to run with Wink (funny that they try to pin it on the japanese also)

well, we know for a fact that the Chinese have been very unhappy with the USD as the reserve currency.  they got pissed off a few years ago when they were rebuffed by the IMF about including the yuan in a basket of currencies (SDR's).

they've been actively encouraging their citizens to buy gold.  i actually think they want their ppl to retain purchasing power as they are fully aware that their peg to the USD, while good for their corporations, is destructive to their citizens.  what a novel idea, eh; care about your ppl?
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:15:32 PM

Personally I think China wants to use whatever it can to bring the USA down a notch, and Bitcoin is a convenient method to do so - among many others.

This may be the financial black swan that nobody in the current staid financial sphere will be expecting. I really believe that I'll live to see a sovereign state adopt bitcoin in some fashion. Doesn't have to be China - any country would suffice.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:31:25 PM

Personally I think China wants to use whatever it can to bring the USA down a notch, and Bitcoin is a convenient method to do so - among many others.

This may be the financial black swan that nobody in the current staid financial sphere will be expecting. I really believe that I'll live to see a sovereign state adopt bitcoin in some fashion. Doesn't have to be China - any country would suffice.

The only state mad enough to do it would be North Korea ....  Cheesy

oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:49:30 AM

I would not be surprised if CCP sends a few agents to make batch-orders of ASICs from the producers.

I have a new conspiracy theory: how many people have known friedcat personally? It's basically one random guy showing up on the forum and suddenly he creates the world's biggest mining farm, hmmm.... Roll Eyes

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
BitshireHashaway

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 05:32:33 AM

I agree. Not the best editorial that I've read about bitcoins, however it is definitely one of the better ones. I'll have to do more research in order to find out if there are more like this out there.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 10:10:57 AM

I would not be surprised if CCP sends a few agents to make batch-orders of ASICs from the producers.

I have a new conspiracy theory: how many people have known friedcat personally? It's basically one random guy showing up on the forum and suddenly he creates the world's biggest mining farm, hmmm.... Roll Eyes

Just occurred to me.

Funded primarily by USD denominated Asicminer shares!

Perhaps we are witnessing an out to the usd recycling trade...
oakpacific

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 10:24:06 AM

Just occurred to me.

It could also be that the share offering is just a cover-up created to appease the community, so that the government can run the mining operation under a public identity rather than as a "Mystery Miner" which may generate panic, with proper explanation for funding sources, while in fact the operation is at least partially funded by the government.

solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 11:39:52 AM

Just occurred to me.

It could also be that the share offering is just a cover-up created to appease the community, so that the government can run the mining operation under a public identity rather than as a "Mystery Miner" which may generate panic, with proper explanation for funding sources, while in fact the operation is at least partially funded by the government.

You guys can't be right because JFK, Roswell and Bilderberg haven't been mentioned in this theory yet..

oakpacific

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:05:20 PM

Just occurred to me.

You guys can't be right because JFK, Roswell and Bilderberg haven't been mentioned in this theory yet..

I did not state it as a fact, right? And according to Ripple's "non-colluding" principle, if Chinese government and Bilderberg group both approves, then Bitcoin must be legit and the price will immediately reach $10000/BTC. Wink

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:22:28 PM

Just occurred to me.

It could also be that the share offering is just a cover-up created to appease the community US government[/size] , so that the government can run the mining operation under a public identity rather than as a "Mystery Miner" which may generate panic, with proper explanation for funding sources, while in fact the operation is at least partially funded by the government.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: