Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 06:11:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Best Exchange for US Customers  (Read 727 times)
BHSMC (OP)

Activity: 188
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 07:25:10 PM

Hello guys,

What's the best exchange for people who are located in the US and why?

I checked out coinbase. Very expensive, fees are too much.

Gemini is a good option. Low fees and very easy to navigate through the website.

What do you think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6090

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 07:58:35 PM

You have Kraken as another option as well. I personally don't think that exchanges worth it anymore (the one that has fiat), you basically need to go through a big verification process that could take some time, you have huge fees too, and chances of having issues with the IRS in the future as bitcoin is growing, not to mention that your privacy will no longer exist.

That being sad, I would prefer trading with individuals myself (LocalBitconins or here on the forums), you can set the fees you want and Its usually very low compared to services, you don't need to provide any personal info and you also have an endless list of payment methods.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ab1jx

Activity: 79
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 09:52:02 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2017, 06:22:52 AM by ab1jx

Run whoever you might otherwise pick through bbb.org to see how many complaints they have against them.  Kracken has a lot less than coinbase.  Coinbase has a slick website too, that doesn't mean diddly.  Bitfinex looks OK.  Look for how much they ripped people off.
BHSMC (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 10:22:07 PM

You have Kraken as another option as well. I personally don't think that exchanges worth it anymore (the one that has fiat), you basically need to go through a big verification process that could take some time, you have huge fees too, and chances of having issues with the IRS in the future as bitcoin is growing, not to mention that your privacy will no longer exist.

That being sad, I would prefer trading with individuals myself (LocalBitconins or here on the forums), you can set the fees you want and Its usually very low compared to services, you don't need to provide any personal info and you also have an endless list of payment methods.

Thank you so much for your detailed answer!

I've been following localbitcoins but prices are crazy there too. Even though coinbase is crazy with pricing and fees, it is still cheaper to buy it on coinbase than localbitcoins. Localbitcoins cheapest buy option is at $2621. Coinbase is at: $2575. Anything you can recommend to get a better price?

Also where is the thread for this forum to trade some bitcoins? I couldn't find it.

Thanks.

BHSMC (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 10:32:55 PM

Run whoever you might otherwise pick through bbb.org to see how many complaints they have against them.  Kracken has a lot less than coinbase.  Coinbase has a slick website too, that doesn't mean diddly.  Look for how much they ripped people off.

Kraken wants international wire which is about $50 wire fee right away. They don't have domestic US Bank account. How do you deposit into their account?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6090

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 05:59:41 AM

Thank you so much for your detailed answer!

I've been following localbitcoins but prices are crazy there too. Even though coinbase is crazy with pricing and fees, it is still cheaper to buy it on coinbase than localbitcoins. Localbitcoins cheapest buy option is at $2621. Coinbase is at: $2575. Anything you can recommend to get a better price?

Also where is the thread for this forum to trade some bitcoins? I couldn't find it.

Thanks.

It's not a thread, It's a whole section and It's called "currency exchange": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=53.0

Check the threads there, If you didn't find what you are looking for then simply make your own topic.

Another option you might is consider (If you have it) is using bitcoin ATMs, the fees changes from one ATM to another but see what fits you: https://coinatmradar.com/

As for Localbitcoins, I'm not entirely sure why the fees are that high but I believe there are some fees to pay the service Itself for placing ads because people people who don't place them, end up having hard times selling as their announcements don't appear.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 07:54:07 PM

Why are you so gullible my friend? can't you see OP is trying to promote a specific exchange service? he clearly asks a question and answer himself in the second line. dude I think bitcoin is against everything Americans stand for, you shouldn't show interest aren't you a patriot? shame on you.
The lady standing with a torch in liberty island has now a large finger in between her legs ever since bitcoin was introduced to the world?
I'm just saying, it'd be a good idea if one of you at least tried to take it out Cheesy
Honestly coinbase and coinsbank with cex.io are the most convenient options for you now, anywhere you go trying to buy you'll have to pay some couple percents of fees anyways.
SimpeleSimpele

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:26:33 AM

kraken only good in europa land
in US country can't deposit and withdraw use USD fiat money, deposit and withdraw only use USDT
ab1jx

Activity: 79
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 01:11:49 AM

I've been looking around these threads for hours and my only conclusion is that Moneygram is starting to look pretty good again as a way to send money.  One explanation I saw touched on is that summers are like this because much of the bulk of bitnet business is students.  That's true of usenet too, it drops to about 1% of the users it has when classes are in session.  Really, with the volatility and lack of exchanges about the only thing to recommend bitcoin is that you can plunk down the money for a mining rig and make your own.  I've found nothing that stands up to scrutiny for exchanges.
MySeriousFaceIsOn

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 03:20:02 AM

Why not try Cryptopia?

You might not have heard about us much as forums tend to be 90% complaints and we don't get complained about much.
BHSMC (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 04:54:16 AM

It's not a thread, It's a whole section and It's called "currency exchange": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=53.0

Check the threads there, If you didn't find what you are looking for then simply make your own topic.

Another option you might is consider (If you have it) is using bitcoin ATMs, the fees changes from one ATM to another but see what fits you: https://coinatmradar.com/

As for Localbitcoins, I'm not entirely sure why the fees are that high but I believe there are some fees to pay the service Itself for placing ads because people people who don't place them, end up having hard times selling as their announcements don't appear.

Thanks a lot Omega! Appreciate it!

Isn't that funny that there is not even a single bitcoin atm in whole New York? lol
BHSMC (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 05:12:53 AM

Why are you so gullible my friend? can't you see OP is trying to promote a specific exchange service? he clearly asks a question and answer himself in the second line. dude I think bitcoin is against everything Americans stand for, you shouldn't show interest aren't you a patriot? shame on you.
The lady standing with a torch in liberty island has now a large finger in between her legs ever since bitcoin was introduced to the world?
I'm just saying, it'd be a good idea if one of you at least tried to take it out Cheesy
Honestly coinbase and coinsbank with cex.io are the most convenient options for you now, anywhere you go trying to buy you'll have to pay some couple percents of fees anyways.

I just spent 10 minutes to register on cex.io but they don't accept new clients from New York anymore lol

I guess gdax and gemini are the only ones around here.
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 06:13:13 AM

I just spent 10 minutes to register on cex.io but they don't accept new clients from New York anymore lol

I guess gdax and gemini are the only ones around here.

GDax is owned by coinbase, did you know that?

Gemini i have never used but it seems like that they are charging 0.25% per trade. If you're going for convenience then i suggest you stick with coinbase because they are by far the best exchange on the basis of convenience only.

If you're an active trader executing thousands of trades per week then probably look into btc-e, even though they aren't regulated and quite shady they are fast, the spreads are low, and the fees schedule is low as well.

But it does seem like that you're promoting Gemini here...

xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:36:59 AM

Thanks a lot Omega! Appreciate it!

Isn't that funny that there is not even a single bitcoin atm in whole New York? lol

You cannot laugh out without having proper information about the bitcoin ATM in New York. I have given a link to find the bitcoin atm in your locations.
https://coinatmradar.com/city/113/bitcoin-atm-new-york/

If you looking for a place to exchange the bitcoin to USD in online you can get into localbitcoins site to exchange it with the local traders.
BHSMC (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 03:18:05 PM

GDax is owned by coinbase, did you know that?

Gemini i have never used but it seems like that they are charging 0.25% per trade. If you're going for convenience then i suggest you stick with coinbase because they are by far the best exchange on the basis of convenience only.

If you're an active trader executing thousands of trades per week then probably look into btc-e, even though they aren't regulated and quite shady they are fast, the spreads are low, and the fees schedule is low as well.

But it does seem like that you're promoting Gemini here...

Guys, as you can see I just registered the forum and this is my probably 4th or 5th posts here. Who the hell am I to promote Gemini? Why would people believe someone with freaking 3-4 posts on this forum? Smiley

I just transfered my money to Gdax by the way. After one trade, I would like to calculate all the fees for trading and withdrawal to my bank account.

Thanks a lot guys.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: