Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:40:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Excavator vs ccminer in Awesome Miner  (Read 273 times)
vladanm (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:59:35 PM

Hi,

I have been using NiceHash for some time and decided to try Awesome Miner.

For 1080ti most profitable algo on NiceHash was lyra2rev2 using Excavator miner and was manage to pull 75mh/s with some OC.
When i moved to Awesome Miner i seen its using ccminer for lyra2rev2 but was only pulling like around 65mh/s.

I tried to setup Excavator (latest) in awesome miner, i downloaded and setup miner manually in Awesome Miner Profit Profile.
But when i tried to lunch Benchmark Excavator only showed Ethereum alghorithm (around 40mh/s)

Kinda feel bad that ccminer is performing lower then Excavator,
is there any way to get some more MH/S from awesome miner and excavator, instead of ccminer?

Thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vlasis

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:59:07 PM

Are you sure you were able to get it to 75mh/s? I haven't seen any setup go above 65, but then again I am not that experienced and may be missing something...
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:08:52 PM

Are you sure you were able to get it to 75mh/s? I haven't seen any setup go above 65, but then again I am not that experienced and may be missing something...

Same question. I benchmarked at 63, but I am at 70% power level.
vladanm (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:26:05 AM

100% power,  OCed Strix 1080ti

https://imgur.com/a/jNE2f
vlasis

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:37:41 PM

Nice! You actually have -500 on the memory clock? Is this specific to Lyra2Rev2 or recommended for all algos? In my case though I'll probably have to reduce power as I am paying for electricity...
vladanm (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:10:32 PM

Nice! You actually have -500 on the memory clock? Is this specific to Lyra2Rev2 or recommended for all algos? In my case though I'll probably have to reduce power as I am paying for electricity...

Yes, its just something i picked up on forums and blogs, im new to mining myself so i cant give you any technical info why is that.
I only heard that for Lyra2Rev2 memory speed does not affect mining performance and that sometimes lower settings give more performance.
Its suggested to lower or increse memory untill you find best performance that works for your cards. Sorry i cant give you more info about this.

Also i done some more benchmark testing with MultiPoolMiner and Excavator definitely gives more MH/s then Ccminer around 5-10%
I am trying to switch from Awesome Miner cose i really cant make it work with good auto switching, it goes really crazy and mining some wierd shitcoins,
lost two days trying to set it up, and i just cant. Going to try MultiPoolMiner now.

vlasis

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:45:11 PM

Also i done some more benchmark testing with MultiPoolMiner and Excavator definitely gives more MH/s then Ccminer around 5-10%
I am trying to switch from Awesome Miner cose i really cant make it work with good auto switching, it goes really crazy and mining some wierd shitcoins,
lost two days trying to set it up, and i just cant. Going to try MultiPoolMiner now.

MPM looks promising, I tested it a bit at first before settling on Nicehash for the time being. Configuring MPM to do proper switching between coins will also require some work, though.
vladanm (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:24:40 PM

MPM looks promising, I tested it a bit at first before settling on Nicehash for the time being. Configuring MPM to do proper switching between coins will also require some work, though.

The more i test miners like awesome miner MPM and mining pools the more i realize that if you dont have lots of hash power and you not full time miner, then NiceHash is probably most profitable tool for mining.  You really need a lot of hash power to mine that one profitable coin for the day and sell it before it goes down hill and you need to do it fast,  8$ per day including exchange fees just dont cut it.  Ill probably switch back to NiceHash and let them do all the thinking for me for a % cut.
vlasis

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:40:13 PM

The more i test miners like awesome miner MPM and mining pools the more i realize that if you dont have lots of hash power and you not full time miner, then NiceHash is probably most profitable tool for mining.  You really need a lot of hash power to mine that one profitable coin for the day and sell it before it goes down hill and you need to do it fast,  8$ per day including exchange fees just dont cut it.  Ill probably switch back to NiceHash and let them do all the thinking for me for a % cut.

I would agree, if you take into account the % fee of the pool & the % developer fee of the miner, then the 2% fee of nicehash does not seem that high in some circumstances.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: