Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:11:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the Biggest problem you have with trading / exchanging?  (Read 6597 times)
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:43:33 PM

I guess it would be when regretting the decision right after selling when the price suddenly shoots up. This is why sometimes, I don't like checking the price after I make an exchange because it makes me feel bad when I see that the price has gone significantly higher, and I could have gotten more had I waited a little longer. It's really hard to find the right timing, and I guess in the world of trading and exchanging, you are just bound to win some or lose some!
Yes! In trading you can’t win all the time. No matter how smart you are, you are bound to lose. Indeed you are not always lucky enough to figure out the right time of selling coins, but by setting up some targets and after achieving them, you could be satisfied. So always have some target for your coins.
This is something not many people get to understand, you are not going to win every trade that is impossible in life sometimes you are going to win and sometimes you are going to lose that is the way things work, as long as you win 55% of your trades then you are going to get some profits when you trade if you can push up that percentage that is even better but I would consider that the minimum necessary to become a successful trader.

Its not just that everything in life have this same principle. When all thing are set we all want to have successful every trade with good income to be honest, Im starting from me, its hard but most of the time at least in start you are not that lucky or have good call on something. Setting some lines is good for start and for experience traders to. You have to have some goals in this or you will end up with nothing.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

maot4

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:10:06 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2017, 04:25:39 PM by maot4

Finding an off exchange wallet that holds all currencies, for example how to find a hardware wallet or web wallet that give you all the options of wallets you have on bittrex or poloniex etc.
chosenone11

Activity: 442
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:14:28 AM

minor annoyance when placing a buy or sell order and not going through right away

CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:42:14 AM

Hi . Well I have lots of problems by trading altcoins and exchanging . For example if I would like to get some profit and I bought that coin for a low price , that coin can go more less and stay at same price for weeks , even months . But trading is not like gambling , you are not going to lose all Smiley just a bit from your funds , but also the price can grow up and get some profit. Also you need to be careful before exchanging , there are lots of sites who have big fees for exchange

Well, I think all people who are not yet expert in trading would be feeling the same thing. When we do act based on what we feel and see then there can be a big possibility that we can be wrong! This is why good traders are not using their emotions in doing their craft and they always have basis based on charts and information before making any move. Alas, we are not really experts on this field though of course it is good to learn and try our best from time to time.
babysweetTiger0401

Activity: 777
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:10:23 AM

I'm curious if other people are having similar challenges. But,
what is your BIGGEST problem with trading crypto coins and exchanging overall?

Your feedback would be appreciated.

I think when I bought a coins at the expensive price then after a days past its all of sudden dropped the price of that coins, I didn't know that when I buy, it was pumped only. Then I didn't take back my capital I sell it with  a cheap value price.

I think it is not wise decision to buy them at when the price of altcoin is pumping because sometimes suddenly the price of altcoin will fall down. So it is not good in trading and at the same time, you also need to have a lot of patience in selling those coin for a higher price.

Definitely you are right mate, I learned from my mistakes at least now I know what I'm going to do the next time I'm gonna buy a coins in the market. Patience ever since is really the key for us to gain the big reward of holding a coin in a long term. Wink
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:54:30 PM

My main problem is that I can't exit (sell) on time Grin
If that is your problem then be glad, most of the time people have trouble with the entry point, if you have problem with the exit point then you can easily solve that, if the price goes up then you create sell order with a threshold, that way if the price get lower than the price you put in the sell order you automatically get out and you get your profits.
kevpantof

Activity: 491

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 11:52:59 AM

The biggest problem I encountered while trying to exchange was even finding genuine exchangers who were going to offer the highest rates. The exchangers online are mostly rippers who want to do away with your money. I advice you do a lot of research before opting for an exchanger.
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 01:45:14 PM

The problem nearly everyone experiences from time to time is dealing with the emotions. Sometimes it just gets a bit too much, especially if the price is falling dramatically. it takes all the patience in the world to not start selling in a panic
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 03:47:24 PM

The problem nearly everyone experiences from time to time is dealing with the emotions. Sometimes it just gets a bit too much, especially if the price is falling dramatically. it takes all the patience in the world to not start selling in a panic

Well not everyone though. At first ypu're probably right. But emotions take a back seat once you've seen several situations already and learn how to deal with them through experience.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
webdevmastery

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 03:53:37 PM

I think when I bought a coins at the expensive price then after a days past its all of sudden dropped the price of that coins, I didn't know that when I buy, it was pumped only. Then I didn't take back my capital I sell it with  a cheap value price.

I think it is not wise decision to buy them at when the price of altcoin is pumping because sometimes suddenly the price of altcoin will fall down. So it is not good in trading and at the same time, you also need to have a lot of patience in selling those coin for a higher price.

Definitely you are right mate, I learned from my mistakes at least now I know what I'm going to do the next time I'm gonna buy a coins in the market. Patience ever since is really the key for us to gain the big reward of holding a coin in a long term. Wink

I also have an experience desame as this, When i was just starting to trade before and i saw my coins price at the market is dropping then i rush selling my coins at the lowest price and its a very bad decision. It only means that you need to hold longer. Every beginner has that experienced and you will learn from it.
Aztek

Activity: 423

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 04:33:32 PM

My biggest problem is only one, patience. I have been lost almost 40% from my money because can't control my emotion. When the price falling down, I should see graphic price chart not sell all my coins. But it's too late, after I sell it the price comes up again. This time I try to control my self-becomes patience people, hope will happen soon. Good luck.
It is hard to have patience on trading specially when the price pump and you think it is a good time to sell your Bitcoin because it actually go pump more and you can waste an opportunity to earn more profit. It can also happened vice versa where you could actually do panic selling when the price of bitcoin could drop and dump on your margin price. So it could be better to have a limit sell and buy of your Bitcoin so you could manage your tradings in a more good way for you to earn more and make a good profit in the future.
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 04:41:25 PM

The biggest problem with trading/ exchanging the altcoins now is the markets doesn't too support for smartphone devices, poloniex has problem with logout automaticly, bittrex doesn't support for smartphone devices and it is difficult to navigate. I don't like the market that doesn't support for smartphone devices due to it will not be easy to check our positions of trading on there.
MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:08:03 PM

I'm going to mention emotion too. I've managed to supress irrational feelings a bit better nowadays, but sometimes emotion still gets though and then I tend to make foolish moves; buying coins at the absolute top while having a severe episode of FOMO, selling at a loss, watching graphs almost maniacally ... Seriously, emotion-deprived logic is the thing to strive for.

Another thing for me personally; security. I've always stored my coins on online exchanges for months. I'm lucky I've moved my crypto from BTC-e to Bittrex before BTC-e went down. But I'm currently in the process of moving my coins from online exchanges to actual secure wallets. I've neglected the aspect safety far too long and I'm planning to change this before its too late.
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:23:11 PM

Finding a bitcoin exchanger is really hard, but finding a dependable one is harder, exchangers are actually cashing in a lot of money from people. Most exchangers are also not quick when it comes to service delivery, they deliver at a slow rate but would want you to give your money ASAP.
micle222

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:16:27 PM

My biggest problem in trading is to control my emotions.
I always panic when the price of the coin I hold is down.
I often experience losses in that situation.
Is there anybody can give me a solution?
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:34:33 PM

My biggest problem in trading is to control my emotions.
I always panic when the price of the coin I hold is down.
I often experience losses in that situation.
Is there anybody can give me a solution?

The only solutions is that trade with bitcoin which if lost you dont get harm. The main key of trading is patience if you are trading in altcoins you have to be alert and what ever information is going to come to that coin you should be ready for up and down movement of that coin. If you are trading in BTC then what ever position you have bought you have to keep patience and buy only in split form not in one go. So that your buying price will be low if their is any price fluctuation you should be in position to buy back in low so that your buying price will get averaged and on upward market you should be able to sell them in profit soon.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:55:03 PM

I guess it would be when regretting the decision right after selling when the price suddenly shoots up. This is why sometimes, I don't like checking the price after I make an exchange because it makes me feel bad when I see that the price has gone significantly higher, and I could have gotten more had I waited a little longer. It's really hard to find the right timing, and I guess in the world of trading and exchanging, you are just bound to win some or lose some!
Yes! In trading you can’t win all the time. No matter how smart you are, you are bound to lose. Indeed you are not always lucky enough to figure out the right time of selling coins, but by setting up some targets and after achieving them, you could be satisfied. So always have some target for your coins.
This is something not many people get to understand, you are not going to win every trade that is impossible in life sometimes you are going to win and sometimes you are going to lose that is the way things work, as long as you win 55% of your trades then you are going to get some profits when you trade if you can push up that percentage that is even better but I would consider that the minimum necessary to become a successful trader.

Its not just that everything in life have this same principle. When all thing are set we all want to have successful every trade with good income to be honest, Im starting from me, its hard but most of the time at least in start you are not that lucky or have good call on something. Setting some lines is good for start and for experience traders to. You have to have some goals in this or you will end up with nothing.

Correct but most people never get that, I have heard people say things like, I never lose or I always get what I want, having that kind of attitude in life will cost you a lot not only in terms of money but in happiness as well, a trader that thinks like that is going to make very costly mistakes that will take him months to overcome if he is lucky and if he is not then he is never going to be able to become a successful trader.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:01:13 AM

The biggest problem that i have when i am trading is my emotions. Most of the times before i try trading, i am very confident that i can make money and i always think to just hold the coins that i bought but when the price dropped nearly 10% then my mindset changes and i just think that it is okay to accept and do cut loss and after i do that, the price goes up very high and that is what i am trying to control; my emotion.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:33:50 AM

The biggest problem that i have when i am trading is my emotions. Most of the times before i try trading, i am very confident that i can make money and i always think to just hold the coins that i bought but when the price dropped nearly 10% then my mindset changes and i just think that it is okay to accept and do cut loss and after i do that, the price goes up very high and that is what i am trying to control; my emotion.
Just set your mind mate I'm also like you and most of us maybe but experience taught us to observed how certain project works I think missing the ride because of panic is one of the problem inside the trade better to performed and keep working on it not to have the same mistake again.
janedt

Activity: 430

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:59:38 AM

The fee, some exchanges even have a really big fee just for selling our coins on that site. I still remember when i want to sell 7000 coin and the fee is 0.0035 for the trading, its hella big. The second one is bot, i'm sure there are bots on trading site, y what the hell when i pick buy order and suddenly there is an order above me with 1 satoshi different.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: