Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:25:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you tech me please, What is ICO?  (Read 2577 times)
Laland

Activity: 317
Merit: 104

Bounty manager

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:09:27 AM

If you have money then you can invest on those ICO's. But it is not always they are profitable. Some would say they are scam,so better learn how to identify scams or not.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Faxmate

Activity: 1071
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:29:03 PM

Hello, everyone. I have some knowledge about ICO. But I want to know everything about ICO. Will you please teach me What is ICO? I don't want to know the Full meaning of ICO. I want to know details of ICO.

Advanced Thanks a lot, all of you who will comment here Cool
Quiet odd for a Senior Member to ask about on what is ICO but well I would answer you.. ICO (Initial Coin Offering) is one of the ways of the devs on scamming people  Grin This sounds funny but this is the reality because having ICO would really make them money and some of them end up on scamming people. This ICO works as a crowdfunding on a certain project.

That is really sad of you for diluting the idea like ICO in the pool of scam! For me ICO is one of the best form of crowdfunding. No doubt company is always the one that makes most profit from ICO but still investors can get huge returns if they choose right project.
Unlike IPOs where investors get stake in company's capital, ICOs enable investors with cryptocurrency which become separate entity from company once ICO ends and gets its value from market demand/supply. However, company indirectly affects the coin value even after ICO and if company's project integrates coin, it may raise future value as well as demand of coin.

Too much negativity was spread because of those ICO based tokens that end up being a scamcoin. We cant stop those but still they are good companies that uses it for a better crypto currency.
We have to remember not all of us here can start a business because it takes a lot of capital and they somehow find a way here using the ICO style which is good. The investor will be the one taking the risk so it is up to them on how they will understand the tokens that will be starting using the ICO way. No scam here, just idiot investors who didn't go deeper into having knowledge about the coin.
Actually ICO is trying to show itself related with stock exchange but as we know that in past there were some other crypto which were fraud and they take money from the people so ICO is also trying to do same like other crypto ICO will always ask to send my your money and you can make it double so I think we need to be very careful about all these kind of things because they all are fake and don’t waste your time and money here.
ngavanngo22

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:23:41 PM

Hello, everyone. I have some knowledge about ICO. But I want to know everything about ICO. Will you please teach me What is ICO? I don't want to know the Full meaning of ICO. I want to know details of ICO.

According to Investopia.com, "ICO is an unregulated means by which funds are raised for a new cryptocurrency venture. ICO campaign, and the percentage of the cryptocurrency is sold to the early backers of the project in exchange for legal tender or other cryptocurrencies, but usually for Bitcoin".

Prince Malik

Activity: 924
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:48:14 PM

initial coin offering is a kind of investment based for the tokens...this token is like a shares and it will hit the market if the project is success...the price of this tokens can rise and can fall this is why we must think 100 time before we invest

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
sachdientugoogle

Activity: 630
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:44:22 AM

Initial coin offering. You do not know what the market will be like when a cryptoproject, that is in ICO stage now, gets listed on exchanges. So I’m not holding back. If the project is good and i believe in the added value to the space i will invest in it to support the innovation it is bringing. Eventually i will get my returns. Only problem now is that you have to have fiat to spare because there aren’t many profits on existing investments to reinvest in new projects.BTW i’m also investing in good existing projects that are low (near/below ICO) priced.
Duogembrot

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:32:55 AM

I personally think ICO is a gathering of startup developers with some investors to raise funds to give capital to developers or startups that make ICO because actually ICO sort of for fundraising and you also will be able to get his results back by giving token or coin to restore the capital you have given them.
Alik_Rzasoy

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:36:25 PM

[/quote

ICO is the short name of Initial Coin Offering. It means that someone offers investors some units of a new cryptocurrency or crypto-token in exchange against cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or Ethereum. The pre-created token can be easily sold and traded on all cryptocurrency exchanges if there is demand for them.
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:17:37 PM

An ICO or initial coin offering is  created to funds the newly created coin that has not yet listed in any exchanger.Their coin is still at its lowest price that can attract investors to invest.Their project needs a massive fund raising event inorder to earn money to use it on their project that can make their project successful.
Investors could contribute to this project in raising funds.Its quite risky for investors because nowadays there were lot of scammers.Like what had happen in the ICO that i have been joining,although im not an investor but i join their signature campaigns inorder to promote their new project.As we go through it went so smoothly and as the token sale and the ICO has ended,lately weve realized that we are scammed.We didn't get any in payment of our hardwork.Seem so annoying but theres nothing we could do to get our payments.Be careful on pouring money and hardwork in ICO.

PauloLuks

Activity: 223
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:12:04 PM

Imagine this: You're a Silicon Valley startup with a great idea for a new cryptocurrency system. Perhaps you want to streamline the Parent/Babysitter payment system so that it can be digital and encrypted. What a great idea! Let's call it BabyCoin. The only problem is you need people to give you money so you can actually make the currency. Now, you could go to a bank or try getting venture capitalist investors, but what if you could raise money without having to give up any of your ownership of the company? Well, you can create an ICO.
Here's how it works, You create a document essentially detailing exactly how the system would work (white paper), make a pretty website and explain why its a great idea that could be very useful. Then, you ask for people to send you money (usually Bitcoin or Ether, but you can also take fiat) and in return you send them back some BabyCoin. They hope that BabyCoin will get used a lot and be in high circulation, which would raise the value of the currency.
Its important to note that unlike an Initial Public Offering (IPO), investing in an ICO won't result in you having an ownership stake of the company you're giving money to. You're betting that the currently worthless currency you pay now will increase in value later and earn you money.
fairytale

Activity: 209
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:47:51 AM

An ICO or initial coin offering is  created to funds the newly created coin that has not yet listed in any exchanger.Their coin is still at its lowest price that can attract investors to invest.Their project needs a massive fund raising event inorder to earn money to use it on their project that can make their project successful.
Investors could contribute to this project in raising funds.Its quite risky for investors because nowadays there were lot of scammers.Like what had happen in the ICO that i have been joining,although im not an investor but i join their signature campaigns inorder to promote their new project.As we go through it went so smoothly and as the token sale and the ICO has ended,lately weve realized that we are scammed.We didn't get any in payment of our hardwork.Seem so annoying but theres nothing we could do to get our payments.Be careful on pouring money and hardwork in ICO.

Thanks! for the information regarding ICO. crossing my fingers that incident will not happen to me. it's my firt time to join bounty.
yohaneshs

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:06:39 AM

"An Initial Coin Offering (ICO) is used by startups to bypass the rigorous and regulated capital-raising process required by venture capitalists or banks." Investopedia said.

In my opinion, ICO is a coin from company who concern develop their projects and collects funds from investors.
Some ICO create campaign to promote their projects to reaching goal targets when token sale.
Kate Beckett

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:35:09 AM

ICO is rather risky business, so you need to know, which is worth paying attention to to protect yourself from possible risks. Practically everyone says that you need to find out about the team. But on this your search should not end.
1. You need to familiarize yourself with the project budget and make sure that it is as transparent and understandable as possible.
2. The future of the project can be affected by the choice of a blockchain platform.
3. It is worth paying attention to the legal form of the company, first of all to check that the start-up has a legal entity registered.
4. A good sign for an investor can be a successfully conducted pre-ICO.
5. If specialized professional funds participate in the ICO, this is also a positive indicator.
6. It is important that the project has positive feedback from members of the blockchain community and approving references in top international media.
xuv500

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:53:32 AM
Merited by removebeforeflight (2)

ICO expansion is Initial Coin Offering, a company or a country introduces a crypto and give away for free is called airdrop. Once many users have that the same company or country will launch its coin and sell it to public to acquire market share is called ICO. There are so many ICO in recent days and 1 out of 10 is successful.

If a ICO is not successful acquiring market cap as desired then it will not continue and we call that as scam.
Toukexx99

Activity: 192
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:55:27 AM

This ICO is usually offered by developers to COLLECT THE FUNDS to develop the projects they do in this case is digital coin. They need huge funds to maximize the projects they undertake to quickly develop and can be quickly completed due to limited funds in the team's developers. The advantage for investors who follow ICO before the coin is launched to the free market is the price given will be cheaper. And usually when the coin is launched the price will jump high when the coin is received by the market. This is what makes investors enjoy this ICO.
Behind the profits there must be disadvantages that come to him. Because ICO is investing in nature then we spend money and give to third parties and the money may not be used according to the agreement when the ICO is in take run or their web hit by HACKer or various events without any explanation that is clear or more in the know with SCAM.
We must know who the people behind this ICO project and the background whether he has the capacity in the world of crypto so that the data needed POD [Proof Of Development] for proof.
For ICO itself, from what I know from the existing 100 ICOs, its 90 SCAMs. So wise in investing and loving your money.
v3teran

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:59:41 AM

All the best ICOS are gone now, 2017 was ICO golden age, now its sucks bigtime.
wewe123

Activity: 322

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:42:33 AM

Initial Coin Offering (ICO)'
An unregulated means by which funds are raised for a new cryptocurrency venture. An Initial Coin Offering (ICO) is used by startups to bypass the rigorous and regulated capital-raising process required by venture capitalists or banks. In an ICO campaign, a percentage of the cryptocurrency is sold to early backers of the project in exchange for legal tender or other cryptocurrencies,

So all was almost mention what is ICO ,then I can say that if you are not afraid of risk , then you the money then you invest in ICO ,you can buy the coins offered by this ICO and all you want to do is monitor the said project ,support and promote this ICO project for the good profit  in the future

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:32:21 PM

Initial Coin Offering (ICO)'
An unregulated means by which funds are raised for a new cryptocurrency venture. An Initial Coin Offering (ICO) is used by startups to bypass the rigorous and regulated capital-raising process required by venture capitalists or banks. In an ICO campaign, a percentage of the cryptocurrency is sold to early backers of the project in exchange for legal tender or other cryptocurrencies,

So all was almost mention what is ICO ,then I can say that if you are not afraid of risk , then you the money then you invest in ICO ,you can buy the coins offered by this ICO and all you want to do is monitor the said project ,support and promote this ICO project for the good profit  in the future
Risk is always there either you are going to invest your money in a currency or in an ICO, in both cases you do not have any idea that what is going to happen with the market. But i do not think that there is any other way through which one can get money without involving the risk of losing money. We should take the risk if we want to make money.
destroyer01

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:06:50 PM

Ico enables every individual and every company to easily release freely tradable tokens to raise funds.It could be used to completely reconstruct the financial system of shares,securities and so on.It decentralized not just money,but stock creation and trade.
Boysen

Activity: 264

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:40:15 AM

ICO in accordance to all my knowledges are entities that sell their own renditions od cryptocurrencies even before they became known in the market. With this they could fund their project to further develop it and then it could potentially increase their user base. It's counter intuitive if I do say so myself. But there are also fake ICOs that scams you so beware.

Lwtelencio

Activity: 253
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:52:57 PM

ICO is the abbreviation of Initial Coin Offering. It means that someone offers investors some units of a new cryptocurrency or crypto-token in exchange against cryptocurrencies like bitcoin or etherium Since 2013 ICOs are often used to fund the development of new cryptocurrencies. The pre-created token can be easily sold and traded on all cryptocurrency exchanges if there is demand for them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: