Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:48:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin is going to be ‘allowed to succeed’ but not for you  (Read 2058 times)
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:00:56 AM

Paypal, western union and others can simply adopt Ripple. Buy off the company and hold on those 50% of all Ripples ever made. The network is not open source.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCLuke

Activity: 526
Merit: 508

My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:35:34 AM

The next 3-6 months for Paypal will be critical in how it's handled.
I couldn't agree more.

...Either way though, the best they can do is only manage to save some faint shadow of PP's former glory; it'll never have a chance to dominate online currency again.

Paypal, western union and others can simply adopt Ripple. Buy off the company and hold on those 50% of all Ripples ever made. The network is not open source.
I'd LOL so hard if they did that... Who's going to use a ripple? Merchants certainly won't start accepting it when they are being asked for bitcoin and already take paypal...

The worst mistake Google will have ever made in the currency war is backing ripple... They telegraphed their move, bigtime.

Luke Parker
Bank Abolitionist
ktttn

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Capitalism is the crisis.

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 05:27:34 AM

I haven't got a penny in fedral reserve notes. Pity might be in short supply for anyone attempting to store or transfer any wealth in USD.
Hell Ive been saying that since before I knew what btc was.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
Ever see a gutterpunk spanging for cryptocoins?
LfkJXVy8DanHm6aKegnmzvY8ZJuw8Dp4Qc
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:34:46 PM

The next 3-6 months for Paypal will be critical in how it's handled.

I couldn't agree more.

...Either way though, the best they can do is only manage to save some faint shadow of PP's former glory; it'll never have a chance to dominate online currency again.

Totally agreed - BTC is friggin' amazing!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: