Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:53:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Heres what I have created to induce mass adoption  (Read 1390 times)
CtrlAltBernanke420 (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:01:17 PM

http://imgur.com/ZpXMS9j

http://imgur.com/NBkQDUD

I just do not have the confidence to go and push this onto people, I have a Tshirt to go along with this..

I feel as if it is a waste of time, potentially humiliating, 99% of the people like their deflated dollars too much. Even my liberal minded friends who are young and have nothing to lose think bitcoin is joke, its cool to them, but a joke at best...

This s a 2 sided flyer.

If anyone believes this is a good idea or not, please talk to me here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 07:18:59 PM

I wouldn't use quotes from companies that talk out of both sides of their mouth.  Paypal also said the Bitcoin user base is made up of "zealots and criminals."

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
threeip

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 11:23:10 PM

Print 100,000 of them and drop them from a plane!

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ GPG:2AFD99BB ಠ_ಠ mon
Mastergerund

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 11:25:17 PM

You could try getting them approved for the bulletin boards in student centers at colleges in your area. Adoption rate in that demographic is possibly higher than in other demographics.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
rxw

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:14:03 AM

I just skimmed these, but on the second poster-- "the rewards to you can be substantial wealth"

Quotes likes that are why people characterize bitcoin as a get-rich-quick scheme or a ponzi scheme or whatever
Ares

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:30:47 AM

I just skimmed these, but on the second poster-- "the rewards to you can be substantial wealth"

Quotes likes that are why people characterize bitcoin as a get-rich-quick scheme or a ponzi scheme or whatever

This. If I read "get in now and become super rich!" I wouldn't give it a second glance.

I do, however, think the investment aspect of Bitcoin will play a big role in its adoption, but I would suggest rewording that part of the flyer.

Also all the different colors, highlights and font sizes makes it seem unprofessional.
Eri

Activity: 264

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:54:34 AM

i gotta say, i agree with the last 4 comments.
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:48:46 AM

the rewards to you can be substantial wealth
This is exactly NOT the reason why people should get into Bitcoin.

The rewards can be financial freedom (free as in speech) and independence from banks, governments, credit cards, paypal, and other malicious institutes or authorities.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:21:03 AM

Agree with the above.

Promote bitcoin to local or internet based businesses simply as a viable option for taking payments and gaining new customers, not a money making scheme.

I think we need a community developed website or information pack that sets out, very clearly, (1) how to accept bitcoin payments and (2) how to cash out.

Small business accounts at localbitcoins.com is the way to go IMO.  Promote bitcoin locally and get local bitcoin traders involved.

To really push bitcoin adoption in your area, why not guarantee to buy any bitcoins that a business makes every week for the first x months?  Minimise the owner's exposure to bitcoin rate risk.  Get them comfortable with bitcoin before mentioning anything about online exchanges, etc.

I think bitcoin could be perfect for local restuarants, that sort of thing, where slight payment delays aren't a problem.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:24:20 AM

I don't like at all the "as an early adopter of this new form of currency, the rewards to you can be substantial wealth".

In my book Bitcoin is not about that. I know for sure that's not what attracted me to Bitcoin. Plus, it looks like a bad adverstiment for a Ponzi scheme.... "Hurry up, be the first one in, and you will be rich!"

EDIT: I replied to the OP without reading the rest of the comments, now I see happily that we are all on the same page. Glad to see it. This is why Bitcoin is amazing!

laissez

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:49:42 AM

There are some people who just aren't right for early adoption of Bitcoin. Even if they weren't put off by the "get rich quick" idea, I worry it would attract the impulsive types who contribute to those bubbles and then get skittish and can't hold their gold. Better to appeal to their curiosity rather than to their greed. Target people who will become intrigued and will genuinely want to learn more from you. Use taglines like "Bitcoin is coming" or "Trying to stop Bitcoin is like trying to stop filesharing." And I strongly suggest you turn away people whom you think can't handle the concept and just want you to do all their thinking for them. It's better business ethics for a consultant not to throw their clients to the wolves. And know your audience. Some people might be intrigued about how Bitcoin has been used to donate to Wikileaks. Others might be more interested in it in terms of its economics or in its cryptography. Appealing to their wallets is just cheap. But appealing to their values... that's marketing.
orz.dk

Activity: 30

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 06:00:13 PM

Great idea ! Agree about the get rich thing. Page 1 looks great, but I would consider changing the layout of page 2, it made me think of e-meters and people yelling at ashtrays. Would not mention filesharing either, but completely agree that knowing your audience is essential.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 06:15:34 PM

I would at least post it on your facebook page.

Personally, I could care less about mass adoption. People will adopt it eventually out of necessity so the longer they stay with their government money, the longer I get to buy bitcoins at a low price.

But I do feel like I should at least post something on my Facebook page for my friends and family telling them that if they want any help in understanding the complexities of bitcoin to hit me up. I already did this with my immediate family and just got the responses of "if I had any money I would buy some but I'm broke". Which is fine. I at least gave them the chance. I told them all about it when the price was $15/BTC and my brother just responded with an article about how some senator wanted to crack down on bitcoin. I reminded them again when it was around $110 and climbing.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
CtrlAltBernanke420 (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:21:42 PM

Thank you. I will post the revised version.. As a consultant I expect to be paid for my services. How do I do that assuming I get the flyer proper.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 06:28:23 PM

Thank you. I will post the revised version.. As a consultant I expect to be paid for my services. How do I do that assuming I get the flyer proper.

Tell them that your fee will be in bitcoins once you help them learn how to get them.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
CtrlAltBernanke420 (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:31:37 PM

Tell them that your fee will be in bitcoins once you help them learn how to get them.

off into the wind they go with all my intellectual property now in their head. They are not required to purchase bitcoin. I do little to aid them in this. They can go do the bitinstant thing if they want. I teach them and talk about the subjective talking points flaws and features it offeres.

I can not even get peeps at the bar on a tuesday night just relaxing to download the blockchain app so I can send them some free coin...
chrono

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:37:05 PM

the design looks like a ponzi

id hire a graphic designer

im a graphic designer
curtisbigs

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:55:38 PM

Nice Bro! Great idea, I recently moved from Chicago to L.A. perhaps we can chat about referring people to you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: