Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:31:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Subforum Proposal - "Prior Art Disclosure"  (Read 760 times)
5EC948A1 (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 08:54:57 PM

Hello Bitcoiners,

If it has not been done already, I would like to propose a new subforum called "Prior Art Disclosure". This forum seems like a good place to host it.

The concept of distributed crypto-currency (DCC) allows a revolution in new ideas. As such the more ideas we can document as early as possible the better. This way, when the patent trolls set in, there will be a good database of Prior Art Disclosure to ward of patents that will limit potential. And, it will be a easy place to go for patent examiners to look for prior art when examining DCC claims.

Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
WiW

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

"The public is stupid, hence the public will pay"

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 11:59:16 PM

Are you talking about IP in the software? I mean, the bitcoin software is open source, so it's not like the whole world didn't already know about it.

The blockchain is an excellent way to make IP claims in digital form. Simply make a transaction with a public note saying: "Here is my IP work: <hash>, <licence>". By signing the transaction with your private key and associating it with your public address, you can later prove that you own it by signing a statement with the same private key proving you signed it and it entered the blockchain with a time stamp and confirmed it with a huge and powerful computing network.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: