Bitcoin Forum
December 15, 2017, 08:48:42 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-05-09 Techcrunch- Your Bitcoins are Finally Worth Something  (Read 1789 times)
BTCLuke

Activity: 524

My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 09:19:51 PM

It can be a little difficult juggling these cards... My Whopper was good but there were confusing steps getting the BK card delivered to that phone I bought it on...

The trick is you have to have a contact on your phone that you can send your gyft card to already... WITH AN EMAIL ADDY THAT YOU CAN ACCESS ON THAT PHONE.

I sent my BK gift card to some other email address of mine and it wound up in a place I couldn't access on the go and I had to go by the library to log into that email acct and send it to my phone's email addy... And in the end I wound up with two BK cards on my phone somehow, although they have the same card # and reflect the same balance...

So in short: It works but is not perfect yet... Needs streamlining.

Luke Parker
Journalist, BraveNewCoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitshireHashaway

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 04:44:27 PM

I find this to be excellent news because as more and more places accept bitcoins, they will become much more mainstream. Though I think for bitcoins to really take off it has to be easier to convert bitcoins into giftcards than it is to convert cash into gift cards and I think right now it is harder or the same but definitely not easier.
zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784

EU: Welcome to the world of financial slavery

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 05:07:27 PM

Some of my contractors are already getting paid in bitcoin and this will be really good news for them.

It's just makes a new dimension of financial freedom.
Everyone can eventually start anonymous life without the need of ssn, credit scores, credit cards. No fiat, no taxes, no hassles.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.