Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:29:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: To all your TA experts out there...  (Read 1703 times)
mgio (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:45:53 PM

Looks like a triangle/wedge thing with the price the past week, right?

Doesn't that mean the price is supposed to start soaring up soon?

I'm not going to waste my time editing a chart with MS Paint lines drawn over it. It's obvious to see.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 09:12:42 PM

So you are wasting our time instead?
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:14:08 PM

The triangle/wedge isn't consolidating upward though (which would indicate a breakout upwards).  It is consolidating to the middle, which means it could break out either direction.

However, with the Gyft + Humble Bundle news, I think it'll break out upward.  Just a general optimistic feeling about BTC today.
mgio (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:17:57 PM

So you are wasting our time instead?

No, I don't need a picture, if others do they can post one.

I just want to know if it is going up or not.
ironstove

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

Possibilities are limitless

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:30:55 PM

It isn't a wedge, it's a triangle, and based on the shape of it I think the market is going to go down to ~100, however there is a small chance of high upside to ~125.. basing these numbers on market depth as well... so placing orders on both ends would be the smart thing to do, however you should not be basing your conclusions on a single indicator either.
UltimateReaper

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:35:02 PM

Looks like a triangle/wedge thing with the price the past week, right?

Doesn't that mean the price is supposed to start soaring up soon?

I'm not going to waste my time editing a chart with MS Paint lines drawn over it. It's obvious to see.

No.

No.

No.

No.

no
dandirk

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:38:10 PM

At least in the last 12 hours or so, looks to be resistance in the 113 area, with a moving support trending up...  This is very short term and I haven't supported this data with anything else...  Same thing happened 12 hours before that with a short 3 hour rise which then corrected lower again.

Will this happen again.. anyone's guess....
Abandon

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:48:26 PM

If you look at the big picture, there is a large wedge/triangle.
Someone else posted this the other day:
evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:51:37 PM

Taking financial advice from strangers on the internet is a sure way to go broke; do your own analysis and dont expect others to do the work for you.  If you must know other peoples opinions, read one or all of the many analysis threads on this subforum.
Dalib

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

A Top Web 3 Gaming Layer2 Provider

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:54:11 PM

today is quite "interesting" by TA:
  • yes, triangle is almost closed
  • EMA 10 and EMA 20 are nearly coincide
  • Today's price is almost the same as the SMA 200 (hourly)
But can begin rise but also fall ...

mgio (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:23:53 PM

Taking financial advice from strangers on the internet is a sure way to go broke; do your own analysis and dont expect others to do the work for you.  If you must know other peoples opinions, read one or all of the many analysis threads on this subforum.

Funny, there is no shortage of people here willing to give advice.

I'm not buying or selling any bitcoins at all this week. I'm a buy and hold investor.

I think TA is BS actually, I just was asking to see what people would say. The market has been pretty boring this week.
Dalib

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

A Top Web 3 Gaming Layer2 Provider

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:35:10 PM

ok, if you buy and hold investor, you certainly know, that will buy BTC less than $ 110 and will sell for more than $ 112. And because a lot of investors they know, this is so boring this week;)

ironstove

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:35:26 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2013, 10:56:47 PM by ironstove

TA isn't good alone, you need to pay attention to fundamentals, which for BTC is the news as there are no other fundamentals to go by.

Market should have declined between the 6th and 7th, however an influx of good news kept the price stable with speculators rushing in i.e. China news, Coinbase funding, Bill Gate's endorsement.... However news is news, and the fact that news this good cannot cause the price to breakout is a bad sign.

It's extremely hard to call where the market will go, short term charts/trends say up, indicators long term charts point down , but whichever direction it goes, it will swing hard... I'm leveraged 33 coins/33 fiat at hand/33 fiat held up in limits so I can better adjust... It's because it's so close to the crash that it's hard to really determine where the market will fly, but my gut still says DOWN.
mgio (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:49:53 PM

TA isn't good alone, you need to pay attention to fundamentals, which for BTC is the news as there are no other fundamentals to go by.

Smartest thing said here all week.
Frozenlock

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:52:25 PM

The price movement totally disregarded the news for a month. Just saying...
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1017

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:55:51 PM

Smartest thing said here all week.

There are other fundamentals to go by.

Infrastructure (exchanges fundamentally) is still über week for prime time

Buying bitcoins for the first time is difficult and slow

Real economy is still a peanut. Most of it, is ASIC companies taking orders for mining hardware.

But still it's improving, and real work seems to be put in Bitcoin, besides speculation

Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:58:37 PM

You can't say that without knowing what would have happened without the news. Maybe the good news prevented a crash or further deflation of the bubble? Maybe we would have been at $70-80 or lower now without all the news.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
Frozenlock

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:11:10 PM

You can't disprove a non existent relation.

IE, you could prove there's a link between the news and the price, but I can't prove there's no relation.
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:34:18 PM

I think it's common sense to assume there is a relation between news and price, but since we're in post-bubble territory now the relation between news and price becomes confounded. Anyway you stated that there was no relation, and that statement can't be proven and thus can not be considered to be true.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
Frozenlock

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:37:59 PM

Ok, let me try again:

There's no evidence that the news influenced the price in the last month. At all.
michaelGedi

Activity: 364

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 12:02:17 AM

I'm not buying or selling any bitcoins at all this week. I'm a buy and hold investor.

I think TA is BS actually, I just was asking to see what people would say. The market has been pretty boring this week.

I think most of the answers in this thread missed the point.

YES OP IT'S GOING UP. Now go read a book or something so you don't have to look at the boring market seeing as you bought and are holding... I'll take the time and effort to post you a picture with lines on it next time ok?

PS - It might also go down...

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong
evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 12:05:23 AM

I know, I just gave you some. Feel free to ignore it though, I'm sure everyone around here has your best interests in mind.  
UltimateReaper

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 12:11:20 AM

I know, I just gave you some. Feel free to ignore it though, I'm sure everyone around here has your best interests in mind.  

evolve I love you <3  Cheesy

lol
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 02:33:31 AM

Market should have declined between the 6th and 7th, however an influx of good news kept the price stable with speculators rushing in i.e. China news, Coinbase funding, Bill Gate's endorsement.... However news is news, and the fact that news this good cannot cause the price to breakout is a bad sign.

Bad sign? I'd say it's a good sign. It was all good news but it wasn't REALLY GOOD news, and there was plenty of bad news (lawsuit, exchanges continuing to suck, etc) to go along with it.
The problem is, people who became involved a few months ago are used to HUGE SPIKES on every bit of good news. So when you see good news and no huge spike, it looks bad, right? But it could also mean the market is maturing and we are collectively hesitant to panic-buy on good news just because. Also, media saturation, desensitization, etc. Good news is old news.

This guy's picture is doofy but he makes an astute observation:
Quote from: Frozenlock

Bitcoin users wising up due to media saturation and decreased appetite for HUGE spikes and crashes? Or bearish indicator? I say the former. People aren't pouring money in every time there is a Forbes/WSJ article or some rich guy talks about bitcoin for 30 seconds.

Frozenlock

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 02:48:36 AM

This guy's picture is doofy but he makes an astute observation:

Say what?  Angry
ironstove

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 02:53:43 AM

The claim that news does not affect bitcoin price is a total nonsense.

Chart the price corresponding to news events over the past 3 months and you'll find a clear correlation, this goes with any commodity... Jeez
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: