Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:50:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RE-EDIT**EDIT*: How to SAFELY sell Bitcoins on eBay  (Read 21817 times)
i3lome

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 09:08:40 AM

My experience with paypal chargebacks and digital items, it helps to right a semi contract in the Note to Buyer box something like "Before sending payment, you must agree that you will be receiving a digital item. Therefore upon sending payment  you agree to a binding agreement for the product described. Upon sending of payment you also agree to forfeit the right to a refund." yada blah blah, make it sound more professional. Also break down the description to 2nd grade level so it cant be misunderstood. I had the charge back problem when I sold ebooks and webtemplates. you can also link info with blockchain and screenshots. This is what paypal told me to do to help stop the chargebacks for my digital items.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
duul

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 06:22:46 PM

I usually take a video of sending the coins to their wallet.
phoenixfrc

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 09:48:48 PM

Lot's of great information here in this thread!  Thanks so much guys as I planned to sell bitcoins on Ebay myself.
evershawn

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Vod is a liar

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 10:43:15 PM

Very cool guide, appreciate it.
bitbyebit

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:19:56 AM

Paypal will suspend your account and accuse you of being an e-currency dealer.  If you try to post "No refunds" and other messages on your auction, Paypal will not care.  Paypal's rules overrides your "rules" no matter what you post.  THEY WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT THE BUYER AND TAKE BACK THE MONEY FROM YOU.  They will not support you in ANY WAY even if you shoot a video of you sending bitcoins.  The ones who say they shot a video and that Paypal supported them are full of shit.  They will send you directly to the compliance department and screw you royally.  Again I am telling you that Paypal will suspend, freeze and cancel your account when they figure out what you are doing and you will lose your privileges.  They are watching the auctions. paypal=ebay ebay=paypal.    To the original poster, why have you stopped selling?  You are doing a disservice to the noobs by posting such BS.  BEWARE!
centenary

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:36:07 AM

I don't plan to buy or sell Bitcoins, but I was just curious, would the use of an escrow service be possible here?
i3lome

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 04:03:04 AM

Its like any digital item there is risk, the key is to lower your risk. It is not against the rules to sell crypto on ebay, like selling any item the better you seller rating the less you have to worry about. The people getting screwed from paypal are the folks way over charging for BTC or other cryptocoins. If you are to sell them its should be near the actual marked price for the coin. All Ebay and Paypal are doing is protecting consumer from fly by night head busters.  Ebay and Paypal require real work to make sure everything is smooth and fair to both sides.

My post above is was Paypal told me to do while selling digital products. I have not sold Btc but is digital so should still comply as long as everything is fair.

Also we are getting close to when Ebay and Paypal may accept Btc, if they do stop User's selling Btc its just so they have meet on the bone so they can get in on the action.  It is not a disservice to give people real info and real options if they decide to join in. 
Darktongue

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 05:22:35 AM

not a legal or illegal matter here. Let's pull out some crayons. ...

Nobody walks totally bind into the world of crypto currency. The only real reason one would buy coin useing eBay would be due to lack of ability to use liberty reserve, dowalla etc. Anyone can use PayPal.  Really you don't even need an account to use it.  Just a green dot card and internet access. So the folks that have fucked themselves away from the table and have been somehow shunned by banks,  creditors and the like really have no other choice but to use PayPal for a fuck ton of online transactions. 

Other folk like Johnny Walker know this and inflate prices and use eBay as a personal means of exchange.  For one you have to ask yourself who's the bigger scammer.  The dickwad requesting a charge back or the cum dumpster baby inflateing coin for an extra dollar.

Further with the little knowlege of price of tea going into it.  Who would want to use hard earned money they own to buy that shit?  The other big red flag is phished PayPal accounts. A charge back might not come from the dick head that actually bought the coin and dumped it within a few hours after receiveing.  More then likely it's going to be Maria Ortega. From the indian reservation who doesn't have a fucking clue what btc is to begin with.

All I'm saying is pretty clear. It isn't worth the few exra dollars in hassle.  If you want to help the newbs get some btc show them.  But show them how we get it. Work for it, sell something and show them escrow do anything else other then be a fucking dick about it. ..jus sayin
adamas
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1003

VIS ET LIBERTAS

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 07:18:18 AM

It's ok to sell bitcoins on ebay for a higher price. The extra work for making the listing, printing the paper (bit)bills. responding lots of buyer emails, ebay fees, shipping, etc etc.

"Es ist kein Zeichen geistiger Gesundheit, gut angepasst an eine kranke Gesellschaft zu sein."
ThatBitcoinGuy

Activity: 36

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 09:35:42 AM

Also we are getting close to when Ebay and Paypal may accept Btc...

I suppose anything is possible, but I'm not so certain about this...
12Lc7Wxjtpe

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 09:40:44 AM

thanks Grin
MiningUnited

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:25:03 AM

Also we are getting close to when Ebay and Paypal may accept Btc...

I strongly disagree
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:29:19 AM

I have sold a lot of bitcoins on eBay. This is the way I do it: I simply print out a bitcoin bill (go to bitaddress.org, hit "bulk wallet" and under "generate", put the number of keypairs you would like made. 1 bitcoin bill=1 keypair. Then, go to printcoins.com, hit "print your own" and fill in the initial fields with whatever you want-they're just for fun-I put "Bank of Johnniewalker". In the big dialog box, copy and paste the entire keypair from bitaddress.org. Pick a design, then hit "Generate PDF of bills". If you have thicker paper, customers would be more impressed, but if not don't worry, just print the bill.)

While this is a much 'safer' way to do things, the sale of BitCoin is flat out against PayPal's policy. It may be longer to get 'caught', but you will eventually get buyers that will try to scam you. When they cry to PayPal they will see that you are selling BitCoins, then, game over.

It's allowed to sell physical paper etc containing BTC i think
Zaih

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:38:40 AM

Reminds me of how everyone used to sell virtual goods through saying "Selling poem with free xxxxxx"
tradebot

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 09:57:16 PM

Since yesterday, they dont want to here about bitcoins anymore
MiningUnited

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 09:58:27 PM

What?
tradebot

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 09:58:37 PM

Paypal will suspend your account and accuse you of being an e-currency dealer.  If you try to post "No refunds" and other messages on your auction, Paypal will not care.  Paypal's rules overrides your "rules" no matter what you post.  THEY WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT THE BUYER AND TAKE BACK THE MONEY FROM YOU.  They will not support you in ANY WAY even if you shoot a video of you sending bitcoins.  The ones who say they shot a video and that Paypal supported them are full of shit.  They will send you directly to the compliance department and screw you royally.  Again I am telling you that Paypal will suspend, freeze and cancel your account when they figure out what you are doing and you will lose your privileges.  They are watching the auctions. paypal=ebay ebay=paypal.    To the original poster, why have you stopped selling?  You are doing a disservice to the noobs by posting such BS.  BEWARE!

paypal is the bigest chit in the world! worst than bank
tradebot

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 09:59:48 PM

What?

Yep they sand an email to members for say it s now forbidden to sell, asic, btc etc
MiningUnited

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:00:32 PM

Yep they sand an email to members for say it s now forbidden to sell, asic, btc etc

...BitCoin selling has ALWAYS been forbidden to sell by PayPal
saudibull

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:01:44 PM

How to sell safely on ebay? Dont - use an exchange that can link a bank account, ie: coinbase .
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: