Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:27:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Multi-Coin][Stratum] multipool.in newbies support thread  (Read 27241 times)
mcgreed

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 09:04:20 PM

Not necessarily strictly related to this pool, but:

How might I automatically sell coins mined from this pool on exchanges?

You'd need to set up auto withdraw thresholds on all of your coins, then write a bot that uses the exchange API to automatically sell them.

Ok. Anyone who knows of such a bot, pls let me know. Otherwise (probably meanwhile) I'm looking into writing such a bot myself, maybe for cryptsy, maybe other exchanges where the alt-coins mined at this pool are traded . . . le sigh, all possible exchanges for every alt-coin mined by this pool would be best, so that they can be automatically sold at the best current price.

I would also want it to be able to not sell some of the coins at exchanges (or in other words sell only a percentage of them), and instead relay the unsold remainder to a private address for hoarding, to speculate on long-term value gain . . . Smiley

(It would actually be really cool to instead set the pool to withdraw a portion of payouts to one address (for example an exchange), and the remainder to another address (like a privately held wallet). But that would be a feature request, wouldn't it? Wink Ah, snap, I could probably have a browser bot do that! . . . but that doesn't feel as safe . . .)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EBM

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:10:51 AM

You'd need to set up auto withdraw thresholds on all of your coins, then write a bot that uses the exchange API to automatically sell them.

Ok. Anyone who knows of such a bot, pls let me know. Otherwise (probably meanwhile) I'm looking into writing such a bot myself, maybe for cryptsy, maybe other exchanges where the alt-coins mined at this pool are traded . . . le sigh, all possible exchanges for every alt-coin mined by this pool would be best, so that they can be automatically sold at the best current price.

I would also want it to be able to not sell some of the coins at exchanges (or in other words sell only a percentage of them), and instead relay the unsold remainder to a private address for hoarding, to speculate on long-term value gain . . . Smiley

(It would actually be really cool to instead set the pool to withdraw a portion of payouts to one address (for example an exchange), and the remainder to another address (like a privately held wallet). But that would be a feature request, wouldn't it? Wink Ah, snap, I could probably have a browser bot do that! . . . but that doesn't feel as safe . . .)

We'd chip in 1 BTC for that bot. Exactly what we need as well, including the 'keep a bit' feature.

Just started on the site, is pretty good so far. But didn't realise 7777 means setting up multiple new wallets, opening a Vircurex account and lots of manual trading - can't risk coin values dropping between mining and selling...

BTC: 1DZnyYaZ2VcQWNyYayNBqfTVQw2JQAmdA5
flound1129 (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 03:25:06 AM

We'd chip in 1 BTC for that bot. Exactly what we need as well, including the 'keep a bit' feature.

Just started on the site, is pretty good so far. But didn't realise 7777 means setting up multiple new wallets, opening a Vircurex account and lots of manual trading - can't risk coin values dropping between mining and selling...

You don't have to set up wallets, you can send directly to exchanges.  I don't even have personal wallets for every currency on the site.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
EBM

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:07:26 PM

You don't have to set up wallets, you can send directly to exchanges.  I don't even have personal wallets for every currency on the site.

Should have waited before posting! Yes, we're doing that now. Has meant opening two more trading accounts (Virc and MCX), and now a third is needed since we've automined some LKY - which isn't traded on either of those two.

But... we're actually going to stick to LTC-only (with you) until we're a lot bigger. Because of the minimum fees charged by the exchanges, we will have to wait a while until balances have built up before transferring out - otherwise it's too much % to lose.

But, of course, the prices will have changed by then...!

bziubek

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 11:30:22 AM

Pretty newb question here - is it possible to connect to pool using minerd?

As far as I understand I need to connect using stratum so would a combo of stratum proxy+minerd work?

Or do I need to set up cgminer to work on cpu?
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:26:30 AM

Pretty newb question here - is it possible to connect to pool using minerd?

As far as I understand I need to connect using stratum so would a combo of stratum proxy+minerd work?

Or do I need to set up cgminer to work on cpu?

The multiport has a getwork port on 17777, you can't mine anything directly with getwork though.

The latest version of cpuminer supports stratum protocol though.

EBM

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 02:09:44 PM

Not much fun when the pool doesn't hit a block for ages... Had to quit.

mcgreed

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:07:53 PM

I'd think the odds of other pools hitting a block is lower, unless they've got bonkers hashrates (even if on less profitable cryptocurrencies).

I tried mining middlecoin.com, and discovered they seem to be mining a cryptocurrency under attack right now (it reported a block generation every few seconds, it was ridiculous) . . . otherwise, their feature of auto-selling at exchanges, then paying out in bitcoin, is an attractive option.

I will however say that I have a lot of straddled payouts of about .2 to .7 coin (of various currencies), and if those float there for long enough, I hope they are paid out just because they've been sitting there too long.
EBM

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:55:02 PM

I'd think the odds of other pools hitting a block is lower, unless they've got bonkers hashrates (even if on less profitable cryptocurrencies).

I tried mining middlecoin.com, and discovered they seem to be mining a cryptocurrency under attack right now (it reported a block generation every few seconds, it was ridiculous) . . . otherwise, their feature of auto-selling at exchanges, then paying out in bitcoin, is an attractive option.

I will however say that I have a lot of straddled payouts of about .2 to .7 coin (of various currencies), and if those float there for long enough, I hope they are paid out just because they've been sitting there too long.

Middlecoin looks interesting, we might try it. We stopped multi because it was mining too many really obscure ones that are too volatile (so not the best price when actually sold) and a pain to sell. Also don't want to trade without Yubikey.

Switched to LTC only, but not enough other miners were on it as well, so basically a day's mining for nothing. Understand the maths, but still annoying. Our last pool was PPS.

skwipe

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 08:49:30 AM

Noob question (what else) cgminer tells me I go around 300 kh/s but the pool tells me around 100. is it normal?
mcgreed

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 04:11:46 PM

First to the "noob question--" yes that's normal. Your miner is reporting how many hashes it has calculated (whether they resulted in acceptable shares to submit or not), period. The pool is only aware of the hashes you submit to be accepted to the pool. The pool is reporting the rate for those hashes which it is aware of (the hashes you submitted).

EBM,

Middlecoin looks interesting, we might try it. We stopped multi because it was mining too many really obscure ones that are too volatile (so not the best price when actually sold) and a pain to sell. Also don't want to trade without Yubikey.

I tested multipool.in versus middlecoin.com for two days using two comparable hashrate cards for each. I wish I had been more scientific about it--meaning, noted the exact start time of my test, and performed the test with one each of two identical cards (instead of four comparable cards divided), so I can't conclude which was more profitable in the time period. What I can say is that they're both highly (and, it seems, comparably) profitable Smiley

Naturally, I'm curious to do that test more scientifically.

I will say that unless/until I find or make a bot that auto-withdraws and sells winnings at the best market price (I've had to miss the best price quite often, by checking the exchange I auto-payout to, and seeing the coin in question was most profitable, say, two hours ago), and unless I can throw more hashing power at the pool so that portions of coins are not straddled beneath 1 (OR if coin amounts lower than one could be paid out manually after they've sat long enough), that other switching pools might be more attractive. That is, unless more scientific tests discover this pool to be more profitable despite those drawbacks Smiley

flound1129, I saw what I thought was a good idea in the middlecoin.com developer's plans (as posted at their thread about that pool): seamlessly switch the coin being mined when a block is found. I don't know whether you'd entertained that idea or plan to do that, but to me it seems like a good idea (you can look at the thread about that coin for other details of their plans).

Also, to ask an entirely barbaric question, what are some of the other auto-switching pools (and in particular, which ones are gaining popularity)?
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 05:11:58 PM

First to the "noob question--" yes that's normal. Your miner is reporting how many hashes it has calculated (whether they resulted in acceptable shares to submit or not), period. The pool is only aware of the hashes you submit to be accepted to the pool. The pool is reporting the rate for those hashes which it is aware of (the hashes you submitted).

EBM,

I tested multipool.in versus middlecoin.com for two days using two comparable hashrate cards for each. I wish I had been more scientific about it--meaning, noted the exact start time of my test, and performed the test with one each of two identical cards (instead of four comparable cards divided), so I can't conclude which was more profitable in the time period. What I can say is that they're both highly (and, it seems, comparably) profitable Smiley

Naturally, I'm curious to do that test more scientifically.

I will say that unless/until I find or make a bot that auto-withdraws and sells winnings at the best market price (I've had to miss the best price quite often, by checking the exchange I auto-payout to, and seeing the coin in question was most profitable, say, two hours ago), and unless I can throw more hashing power at the pool so that portions of coins are not straddled beneath 1 (OR if coin amounts lower than one could be paid out manually after they've sat long enough), that other switching pools might be more attractive. That is, unless more scientific tests discover this pool to be more profitable despite those drawbacks Smiley

flound1129, I saw what I thought was a good idea in the middlecoin.com developer's plans (as posted at their thread about that pool): seamlessly switch the coin being mined when a block is found. I don't know whether you'd entertained that idea or plan to do that, but to me it seems like a good idea (you can look at the thread about that coin for other details of their plans).

Also, to ask an entirely barbaric question, what are some of the other auto-switching pools (and in particular, which ones are gaining popularity)?

afaik there are only 3 at the moment: Multipool, middlecoin and one in Europe for which I don't remember the name.

tdslot

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 06:23:29 AM

Hi Flound,

I very happy that I found you mining pool, it's great idea. Nice done work!

But I have some problems with cash out . I just want test how its works. And I can't. When I do cash out I always getting this message "Another payout is currently in progress, try again in a minute.". Maybe I do something wrong? Or I need some minimum that I can cash out? Or something other action I have make?

Thanks in advance,

Tds
darkfire9191

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 03:53:40 AM

Just joined bitcointalk to ask about the cashout process. I see that you made it so we can cash out a min of 1 coin of any cryptocurrency currently on your site. Can you consider lowering that amount considerably for mnc and ltc since even 0.1 coins are worth quite a bit. Thanks!
tyknee

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 02:00:03 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2013, 07:33:59 PM by tyknee

You don't have to set up wallets, you can send directly to exchanges.  I don't even have personal wallets for every currency on the site.

I'm pretty new to all of this, but on Cryptsy it says "Notice: Do NOT use p2pool to deposit directly to your Cryptsy wallets, as it will not show the address in our wallet and we will be unable to credit your account." So is this not a p2pool?

Or do you use another exchange somewhere? I got tired of trying to compile dozens of wallets in Linux (especially with CentOS. I'm thinking of switching to Fedora).

EDIT - I may have answered my own question. I'm under the impression that P2Pool is a specific pool (i.e http://p2pool.info/) and not a "type" of pool like I thought earlier. Anyway, if someone could confirm that transferring directly from www.multipool.us to Cryptsy works, I would appreciate it.

Awesome pool btw...
bucketofsocks

Activity: 83
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 12:49:51 AM

About an hour ago I was mining caps and cgminer reported new block found but it never showed up in my stats or even in the pool stats, maybe I'm doing something wrong I was on port 3349
darkfire9191

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:27:10 AM

You don't have to set up wallets, you can send directly to exchanges.  I don't even have personal wallets for every currency on the site.

I'm pretty new to all of this, but on Cryptsy it says "Notice: Do NOT use p2pool to deposit directly to your Cryptsy wallets, as it will not show the address in our wallet and we will be unable to credit your account." So is this not a p2pool?

Or do you use another exchange somewhere? I got tired of trying to compile dozens of wallets in Linux (especially with CentOS. I'm thinking of switching to Fedora).

EDIT - I may have answered my own question. I'm under the impression that P2Pool is a specific pool (i.e http://p2pool.info/) and not a "type" of pool like I thought earlier. Anyway, if someone could confirm that transferring directly from www.multipool.us to Cryptsy works, I would appreciate it.

Awesome pool btw...

I can confirm cashing out to Cryptsy works
mcgreed

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:27:47 PM

. . .if someone could confirm that transferring directly from www.multipool.us to Cryptsy works, I would appreciate it.

I have it auto-payout to cryptsy wallet addresses. It works fine. I just watch cryptsy for when the deposits show up.

(This is why I want a bot that checks cryptsy (and other exchanges), say, every five minutes--and instantly sells anything besides bitcoin deposited there, for bitcoin, if the price as agreeable.)
jpmi1

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:49:16 PM

I have mined for about an hour and still nothing seems to be coming up in that stats page or anywhere. I launched cgminer.exe input this into the pool url http://pool1.us.multipool.in:7777
username
jpmi1.user
password
x (I think this is the default password)

Any help would be appreciated.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯ RELAUNCH First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_yin
XPM:AeuQPMAGRLyWbWkVgAtE4JcfSyGHATUkmG
DTC:D9mwyQo9xPAPWCtKYhthnX2uSPivcjKyLN
monkeyballz

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 08:42:39 PM

Can´t find any decent answers, so I make it short and dirty:

I´m mining TRC on EU server because I have much better pings (sitting in EU though Wink ).
Here I can´t adjust the mining diff because that´s for US servers only, I know.

But why should I increase it?
I´m mining with Erupter Blades (13GH/s) on diff 1 which seems pretty low to me. Would it be a more stable and effective mining if I would switch to US server and increase diff to something like 32?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: