Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:45:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Multi-Coin][Stratum] multipool.in newbies support thread  (Read 27248 times)
flound1129 (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 08:55:05 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2013, 09:19:39 PM by flound1129

What about statistics now I found 5 mnc blocks and in statistics last 30 blocks founder nothing

When we're on MNC we can find 20+ blocks per minute.   The pool stats page updates every 5 minutes.  So your blocks may never have made it there.  Here are the blocks I have you finding:

Code:
+-------------+----------+
| blockNumber | username |
|      112390 | robkoz.2 |
|      112444 | robkoz.2 |
|      112499 | robkoz.2 |
|      112862 | robkoz.3 |
|      112934 | robkoz.2 |
|      113285 | robkoz.3 |
|      113410 | robkoz.2 |
|      113485 | robkoz.3 |
|      114008 | robkoz.2 |
|      114543 | robkoz.2 |
|      114621 | robkoz.2 |
11 rows in set (0.02 sec)

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 08:56:19 PM

[2013-07-04 05:11:52] HTTP request failed: couldn't connect to host
[2013-07-04 05:11:52] json_rpc_call failed, retry after 30 seconds

ALL THE TIME.

What mining software are you using?

flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 08:56:58 PM

what with LTC stats ?

They broke for a while last night.  Everything is better now.  No shares were lost.

flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 09:01:50 PM

Hi Flound.

Just joined your most excellent pool today (same username here and at the pool.) Got quick questions:

1. What makes a "Hero Member" i.e. the STAR SYMBOL ?
2. What qualifies as a "Donation Supporter"? I noticed that some users whom are donating (albeit a tinny winnie amt.) but not all donors have "FEATHERS"? Is there a minimum % ? Are there other levels besides "Supporter"?
3. I figured out the "CROWN" trophy (hah) but there seems to be just enuff space to its right (and left of the STAR) that another trophy could be had. True?

Sorry for the bother...

//del//

P.S. I got 3 more blades coming in about two weeks and will put it into the pooling for a total of 5 blades for "sillywhim".

Hi Silly, glad you're enjoying the pool. Smiley

Hero members are those whom I chose to recognize for being early adopters/supporters of the pool, or donating something of value (i.e. our logo, technical expertise, time, etc.).

The donator trophies are explained on the donations page but basically you get a gold BTC for donating 4% or more of your earnings, a silver LTC for 3%+, and a bronze FTC for 2%+.  The only additional icon available at the moment is the Admin icon which only I have. Smiley

Bigcheezit210

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 09:06:43 PM

Sounds like an awesome pool I will definitely try it out as soon as I stop hoarding MEC Grin.
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 09:29:43 PM

Sounds like an awesome pool I will definitely try it out as soon as I stop hoarding MEC Grin.

We'll be here!

LOLMoney

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 11:02:40 PM

https://i.imgur.com/hAyYywX.png
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 11:29:02 PM

Thanks for the bump, LOLmoney!

About the guy above me, he actually attempted to scam me on Bitmit, and got angry when it didn't work.

He is my sole negative feedback on Bitmit, every other one is positive. I certainly didn't spend all my time building a reptuation there so I could scam this little punk out of $10.

If anyone's interested you can see a screenshot of our exchange here: https://i.imgur.com/Dk36MvY.png

Bitmit actually had a bit of an exploitative situation going a while back, when they were getting their BTC price directly from Mt. Gox. When Gox was under ddos, Bitmit's exchange price would stick at whatever price they had last gotten from Gox, even if BTC was going down on all the other exchanges.

Some unsavory types like Niexist took advantage of this situation by buying BTC at the lower price, and buying the auctions at the same time, which used the higher price that Bitmit was using for the exchange. I actually took hundreds of dollars in losses at first due to these bad sales, because I was trying to build my reputation on Bitmit. But eventually I priced my auctions in BTC and reworded the details to prevent that situation. I guess Niexist didn't check the wording the second time.

BTW, Niexist, if you had nicely asked for a refund, I would have gladly obliged. But I guess I was in a bad mood that day due to something else, and either way, I didn't take kindly to the way you were speaking to me.

So in conclusion, this dude is a wannabe scammer punk. Read the screenshot and decide for yourself. Niexist, please feel free to stay the fuck off my pool.

flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 11:30:17 PM

Haha note he even lies in the screenshot above, first stating he has no shares then admitting he has 950k shares..  So which is it?

Torn

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

Free Dog to good home

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 05:18:14 AM

what with LTC stats ?

They broke for a while last night.  Everything is better now.  No shares were lost.

Hailith Flound.. Might need to double triple check "stuff" with the LTC reporting because something broke again today. No biggy, I'm sure it's just a call/send something to db/website or whatever.

Be well!
T.

Will not trade sex for coins regardless of rumors! You may still attempt if you want.
Caverna

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 12:15:11 AM

Hi everyone!
I did try to download the Android Application, without any sucess.
At PlayStore it says that the minimun version of Android is 1.6, but I'm at 2.3.7 and it's keeps telling me that it's incompatible with my mobile...
So I back to my studies with Java+Android development and started an "study project".
I developed and small app to keep track my workers - MultipoolMonitor.apk
I didn't put it at googlePlay 'cause I don't have a developer account there...
I'd like to receive any feedback about it's behaviour...
zepadee

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 12:56:45 PM

Hello all, I have a PPLNS and multipool:7777 question. PPLNS is designed so miners have to mine a specific coin for an extended period of time to be profitable. However, when using port 7777 the coin being mined is constantly changing. How can this be profitable ? It actually sounds like the least profitable method if constantly switching. Am I missing something ? Thanks.
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 07:03:49 PM

Hello all, I have a PPLNS and multipool:7777 question. PPLNS is designed so miners have to mine a specific coin for an extended period of time to be profitable. However, when using port 7777 the coin being mined is constantly changing. How can this be profitable ? It actually sounds like the least profitable method if constantly switching. Am I missing something ? Thanks.

PPLNS is actually designed so that miners who mined closer to when a block is found are paid, avoiding the problem of pool hopping where people hop on to mine right after a block is found (which would be the beginning of a new round with a proportional system).

We use time-based PPLNS which I feel is a good compromise that helps the dedicated coin miners share rewards equitably with the port 7777 miners.  On the faster coins the time is set very low, so the multiport miners won't continue getting paid for very long after hopping off a coin, and they also won't take too much of the dedicated miners' rewards if a block is found shortly after the multiport hops to that coin. It also ensures that on the longer coins, people who have been mining on a coin within the past X hours will get paid for their efforts and not have their shares thrown out of the round due to the multiport submitting tons of shares.

I could change the multiport-only coins to a Proportional system, but that might result in some people not getting paid for some blocks, since on the really fast coins sometimes we find blocks within seconds of each other and there might not even be enough time for everyone mining to submit even 1 share.  It would also add complexity to pay different coins using different systems.

zepadee

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 08:30:25 PM

PPLNS is actually designed so that miners who mined closer to when a block is found are paid, avoiding the problem of pool hopping where people hop on to mine right after a block is found (which would be the beginning of a new round with a proportional system).

We use time-based PPLNS which I feel is a good compromise that helps the dedicated coin miners share rewards equitably with the port 7777 miners.  On the faster coins the time is set very low, so the multiport miners won't continue getting paid for very long after hopping off a coin, and they also won't take too much of the dedicated miners' rewards if a block is found shortly after the multiport hops to that coin. It also ensures that on the longer coins, people who have been mining on a coin within the past X hours will get paid for their efforts and not have their shares thrown out of the round due to the multiport submitting tons of shares.

I could change the multiport-only coins to a Proportional system, but that might result in some people not getting paid for some blocks, since on the really fast coins sometimes we find blocks within seconds of each other and there might not even be enough time for everyone mining to submit even 1 share.  It would also add complexity to pay different coins using different systems.

OK let me ask this then: Concerning payouts, is there any advantage or disadvantage concerning multipool users vs. dedicated users, or does it basically work out the same in the long run (i.e same profits either way assuming a dedicated miner mined the same coins at the same time) ?
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 11:40:07 PM

We use time-based PPLNS which I feel is a good compromise that helps the dedicated coin miners share rewards equitably with the port 7777 miners.  On the faster coins the time is set very low, so the multiport miners won't continue getting paid for very long after hopping off a coin, and they also won't take too much of the dedicated miners' rewards if a block is found shortly after the multiport hops to that coin. It also ensures that on the longer coins, people who have been mining on a coin within the past X hours will get paid for their efforts and not have their shares thrown out of the round due to the multiport submitting tons of shares.

I could change the multiport-only coins to a Proportional system, but that might result in some people not getting paid for some blocks, since on the really fast coins sometimes we find blocks within seconds of each other and there might not even be enough time for everyone mining to submit even 1 share.  It would also add complexity to pay different coins using different systems.

OK let me ask this then: Concerning payouts, is there any advantage or disadvantage concerning multipool users vs. dedicated users, or does it basically work out the same in the long run (i.e same profits either way assuming a dedicated miner mined the same coins at the same time) ?

Well, the idea is to not give an advantage to either group.  I don't have any math to give you, I tried to set reasonable time periods based on the average block time for each coin.

xargos

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 02:09:37 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2013, 03:39:19 PM by xargos

Hello
Is there any problem with PXC cash out? I can`t cash out manual or automatic...

(nick: xargos)
[EDIT]
Everything is OK now ...
mcgreed

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 02:58:56 AM

Not necessarily strictly related to this pool, but:

How might I automatically sell coins mined from this pool on exchanges?
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:46:03 AM

Not necessarily strictly related to this pool, but:

How might I automatically sell coins mined from this pool on exchanges?

You'd need to set up auto withdraw thresholds on all of your coins, then write a bot that uses the exchange API to automatically sell them.

bucketofsocks

Activity: 83
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 11:00:23 PM

I just started mining with this pool today using cgminer with two 7790s about 500khs whenever it switches to LTC it seems I get an error pool 0 JSON stratum auth failed: (null) what does this mean and is it something I'm doing wrong or a problem with the pool?
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 04:57:57 AM

I just started mining with this pool today using cgminer with two 7790s about 500khs whenever it switches to LTC it seems I get an error pool 0 JSON stratum auth failed: (null) what does this mean and is it something I'm doing wrong or a problem with the pool?

It's a problem with the pool.  I've been trying to track down this bug for days now, if you can email me directly I'll help you.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: