Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:03:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make a faucet?  (Read 2304 times)
Boelens (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 12:44:55 AM

Hey there! I want to make a YACoin faucet, and I got the webhosting, however I was wondering, how to make a faucet? Are there any scripts publicly availible to make this easily?
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Boelens (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 12:51:41 AM

Anyone?
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:02:33 AM

I can sell you my script for a fee, and it should work with YACoin since it is based off bitcoind. Pm me for a price...
Jaxkr

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:03:00 AM

I'll write you one. I can do a quick PHP script.
Boelens (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:04:34 AM

I can sell you my script for a fee, and it should work with YACoin since it is based off bitcoind. Pm me for a price...

No thanks, it's already costing me to give it away, and it's to gain interest for YAcoin, I don't really have anything to pay for it.

I'll write you one. I can do a quick PHP script.

Thanks, that would be great!
Jaxkr

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:05:35 AM

Do you have a yacoin rpc server?
Boelens (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:06:19 AM

Uh - I'm sorry, I can't say I'm an expert with these things, I want to give some BTC, what's an RPC server?
Jaxkr

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:08:37 AM

Uh - I'm sorry, I can't say I'm an expert with these things, I want to give some BTC, what's an RPC server?
Yacoin and Bitcoin work the same way. If you tell them to, they will run something called an JSON-RPC server. On Bitcoin, it's done by using bitcoind or bitcoin-qt -server.
On Yacoin it's yacoin-qt -server.

JSON-RPC allows the wallet to be accessed programmatically. It's needed for any application that handles bitcoin.
Boelens (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:10:17 AM

Yacoin and Bitcoin work the same way. If you tell them to, they will run something called an JSON-RPC server. On Bitcoin, it's done by using bitcoind or bitcoin-qt -server.

JSON-RPC allows the wallet to be accessed programmatically. It's needed for any application that handles bitcoin.

Oh, no I don't have an RPC server :/. Is one required? Also, do I need to buy one?
Jaxkr

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:11:12 AM

Oh, no I don't have an RPC server :/. Is one required? Also, do I need to buy one?
You need one. Making a faucet without one is impossible. You can just run it on a VPS or on your own computer if it's on 24/7.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:12:22 AM

No thanks, it's already costing me to give it away, and it's to gain interest for YAcoin, I don't really have anything to pay for it.

It is a security harden script runs on many web sites, and has never been hacked. People who are going to do this for free, for someone that doesn't have a programming background maybe just throw an insecure site together. That will lead to hacks and that is very sad, that you will not spend a little more to someone that make sure you have a great faucet, when your ready for someone to do this the right way. PM me...
Boelens (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:12:32 AM

You need one. Making a faucet without one is impossible. You can just run it on a VPS or on your own computer if it's on 24/7.

I don't have an VPS, I can run it on my own PC, not 24/7 though - would it be a problem if I turned it on and off every now and then? Or would requests get clogged up and everything go wrong when I start it up again? Or would it just process them?
limitless

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:13:24 AM

I have a JSON-RPC server you guys could use.
It's on my VPS.

230 days uptime ^_^

Very stable. I will donate it to the YAC cause.

My yacoin giveaway: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199716.0 - Need more people to donate in order to keep it going.
My yacoin bounty thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200252.0 - If you want to add bounties, just post here.
YAC address: YKmZSWKiqc9MPzmZ89SAwyXM4wSQqoQE3J
Jaxkr

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:15:37 AM

I don't have an VPS, I can run it on my own PC, not 24/7 though - would it be a problem if I turned it on and off every now and then? Or would requests get clogged up and everything go wrong when I start it up again? Or would it just process them?
What you can do is write have a cron job that runs a PHP script every so often. This gets unpaid faucet requests from a DB and sends them. If the server is offline, it just doesn't go, and checks again next time it runs. So, requests would clog up, but it would work fine.
Jaxkr

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:16:43 AM

It's on my VPS.

230 days uptime ^_^

Sounds good. If I get some code written I would love to use it! Thanks.
limitless

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:17:09 AM

Great. You'll have to excuse me now for 30 minutes, a little busy Tongue

My yacoin giveaway: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199716.0 - Need more people to donate in order to keep it going.
My yacoin bounty thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200252.0 - If you want to add bounties, just post here.
Boelens (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:17:41 AM

It's on my VPS.

230 days uptime ^_^

Sounds good. If I get some code written I would love to use it! Thanks.

That would be great! I can provide webhosting and some YAcoins at first to fund, but I'm not that rich in BTC/YAC though so I can't do a lot, we'll need donations later on to keep it running. There's also a 100YAC bounty though so that's good.
EDIT : Of course the bounty would be sent to the faucet.
Jaxkr

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:21:02 AM

Are the RPC commands for Bitcoin and Yacoin the same?
limitless

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:35:45 AM

Yes.

Jaxkr

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 01:37:02 AM

Yes.
Yay. I'll get started now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: