Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:50:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.8.1 client not updating new blocks? (out of sync)  (Read 920 times)
RenegadeMind (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 02:44:52 AM

I've got an odd error:

Warning: Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade.

This seems like an odd error message for 0.8.1.

Is anyone else seeing this? It's displayed in an order bar at the top of my bitcoin wallet (bitcoin-qt).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 02:48:07 AM

wait for it to sync (about a day). make sure you have at least 6 connections.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:52:13 PM

I had the same problem.

I have deleted all the block related dat files and started the sync again, it seems that it syncs properly this time.

I also, set up an exclusion in the AV software (for bitcoin files and folders, and for the exe separately).

I'll report back if it completes the sync.
RenegadeMind (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 03:21:50 AM

Unholy mother of Hell that was miserable to fix... Not exactly sure why, but I'll post the misery here and how I fixed is just in case someone else has the same misery.

At first, nothing I did worked. I deleted these folders:

• blocks
  • chainstate
  • database

I started up the 0.8.1 client again and let it sync. It got up to around 7000 blocks left and just stalled, never updating the rest. I left it for DAYS to catch up. No luck.

So, I did it all over again. Same misery. It simply wouldn't sync up to the current block and was always around 7000 blocks short.

On another computer I downloaded and installed the bitcoin-qt client and ran it. It took forever and a day for some reason (as you can tell from the date of my original post and the date on this one), but eventually sync'd up. I copied my wallet from the first computer to the second and it worked. I also copied the folders listed above to the first computer and ran the bitcoin-qt client again. That finally worked.

No idea what the problem was, but that's how I got it solved... eventually. Hope it helps some poor sod with the same misery.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: