Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:17:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TradeHill - Status update - resuming service / some accounts disabled  (Read 3278 times)
Karen Palen

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 11:02:30 PM

I just had a funny thought of the Trade Hill guys sitting around in diapers today, so that they don't have to take the time to go to the bathroom.

YOU may think it funny, but actually WEARING (and USING) the diapers is no fun at all!

My sympathies to the "worker bees" at any of the trading sites - I know from personal experience that diapers are the very least of the pain (humiliation, whatever, Huh) that you are enduring right now!

I have been there and can only offer sympathy - OTH diapers are WAY better than an IED that takes some vital body part!  Cry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jered Kenna (TradeHill) (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 11:05:17 PM

Passwords:
For the moment send an email to info@tradehill.com and we will reset it immediately.
I made this request via email three hours ago, no response yet.  I realize you guys are probably swamped, so perhaps it's still in queue. 

Give them some time, They are dealing with over 50,000 users!

6 hours later, no email to reset my password. Just sayin'.

We've been reseting passwords / accounts if we missed anyone please email us again.
We will be adding a feature to reset your own account soon but we are receiving a lot of hack attempts and do not want to rush anything that could potentially be exploited.

Could you elaborate a little on these hack attempts and how secure your site is?

A lot of brute force attacks using the Mt Gox compromised user names.
As far as we know no one has logged in using one of the Mt Gox accounts.
We have seen a lot of attempts and implemented a captcha and accounts are locked after several failed attempts now.
This appears to be keeping them out. We are implementing other features as well which will be announced soon.

Regards,
Jered

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 01:01:24 AM

Passwords:
For the moment send an email to info@tradehill.com and we will reset it immediately.
I made this request via email three hours ago, no response yet.  I realize you guys are probably swamped, so perhaps it's still in queue. 

Give them some time, They are dealing with over 50,000 users!

6 hours later, no email to reset my password. Just sayin'.

We've been reseting passwords / accounts if we missed anyone please email us again.
We will be adding a feature to reset your own account soon but we are receiving a lot of hack attempts and do not want to rush anything that could potentially be exploited.

Could you elaborate a little on these hack attempts and how secure your site is?

A lot of brute force attacks using the Mt Gox compromised user names.
As far as we know no one has logged in using one of the Mt Gox accounts.
We have seen a lot of attempts and implemented a captcha and accounts are locked after several failed attempts now.
This appears to be keeping them out. We are implementing other features as well which will be announced soon.

Regards,
Jered

Jered is the man

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Jaime Frontero

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 01:13:29 AM

damn internet is like a pack of jackals, waiting to pounce.

i think it's about time i spent a little more time investigating QubesOS ( http://qubes-os.org/Home.html ).  the beta 1 is up.

you can actually open something like the Bitcoin client; and only allow it a single port, whilst the rest of your environment sails blithely on...

now how cool is that?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: