Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:09:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GUIMiner On Windows 8  (Read 743 times)
GeekyMcNerd (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 03:14:25 AM

So, I'm relatively new to this (obviously, I'm posting in the newbie forum). I can't seem to get my GuiMiner to recognize my GPU and function properly.

When I run CPU device within GUIMiner, it works, but I'm only putting out about 3.5Mhash/s. I get a few accepted hash, but nothing that justifies letting my computer run all day. When I select my AMD Radeon HD 6700 as a device, it connects to Slush's Pool (like it does through the CPU)and runs at 152Mhash/s (give/take), but I consistently get a "Verification failed, check hardware!" error even though the Console says I'm connected. It never accepts anything, and it never "verifies", regardless of how long it runs.

I know that there isn't anything "wrong" with my hardware. I've tested the performance elsewhere; I also play Old Republic whenever I have time. And I also know that it's not an OpenCL issue, because I made sure that the most current driver is installed (12.104.0.0 - this includes OpenCL).

I've been tinkering around with this issue for a few weeks now and have read through about 30 pages on the GUIMiner forum. I haven't seen anyone else complain about this issue. Has anyone here experienced this issue?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: